+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Online Vehicle Registration for Tech Students

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Online Vehicle Registration for Tech Students

Hey everyone,

What do you think about Louisiana Tech offering online vehicle registration for students for the Fall Quarter? There are several universities that allow their students to do this.

My idea for online vehicle registration is as follows:
    • Students must be registered for classes before purchasing a decal.
    • A website will be activated during the fall class registration period allowing students to register their cars online. The period would last from late April to August 1st.
    • Students would type in their home mailing address, their housing assignment at Tech, personal info, and vehicle information. This info would be used to determine what type of decal a student will get (UP parking, on-campus, off-campus, etc.)
    • After successfully completing the online application, students can pay for their decal online by credit card, debit card, and maybe Tech Express or deduction from their financial aid package.
    • Students will go to the Traffic Office to pick up their parking decal. They still have to provide their proof of registration and driver’s license to the staff, but they don’t have to fill out an application or pay for the decal when they get their decal.
    I think an idea like this would save the students some time by not having to wait in a long line at the Traffic Office in the first week of the Fall Quarter.

What do you guys think?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: Online Vehicle Registration for Tech Students

Sounds good to me, as long as the 5th bullet point happens.

Puppy bulldawgdude305 is an unknown

Re: Online Vehicle Registration for Tech Students

It's easy. All you have to do is pay by check and you skip the long line. I walked in last year and filled out my form, gave them my check, and they gave me a sticker. I was in there for all of 5 minutes. Its way better than paying by cash or credit card and waiting in line.

+ Reply to Thread