+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Creepy Obama images

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Re: Creepy Obama images

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Look up indiscriminate. Basically, it's saying that the US dropped bombs just to drop them. There was no strategic point to where they dropped or why they dropped. Seems "senseless" to me and akin to marching them out for execution except our guys had the luxury of not looking in their faces. I'm not spinning anything. I'm repeating the article. You're the one offering spin by making it sound like there were civilians who just happened to be casualties because they were near a target we were bombing. That's not what this article is implying. And I never said I'm not proud of everything my country has done. I said I'm not proud of those actions. Just trying to make a point about Michelle Obama's point. It's possible to not be proud of your country in some instances but to still love it. Are yoy going to tell me you are proud of everything our country has ever done?
    I agree with that. I'm not saying that people DON'T agree with Michelle Obama -- I know many do. Hell, I work here in the hornet's nest of liberalism -- Washington, DC. I simply was debating whether her comments, and by virtue of them Michelle Obama herself, were fair game for the Republicans to use against Obama. As you said, my opinion is that they are because she made a conscious decision to make the comments. It is also my opinion that if Obama wants his wife to be off limits, then he needs to keep her off camera and any microphones. You apparently have a different opinion. That's what I thought we were discussing here.

As far as the Korea thing, the article as a whole is about the atrocities of the Koreans against their own. The only real mention of the US forces in regard to them is that they stood by and watched. That was wrong. I do cede that there is the one sentence out of that whole article that mentions US "indiscriminate" bombing. Now, do you honestly think that a bomber pilot from Podunk, USA just dropped bombson innocent civilians for the hell of it? Seriously? I mean, I've been in combat situations and some crazy stuff can happen. But I would have never shot innocent bystanders just to shoot them. No one on their right mind would.

Sounds an awful lot to me like someone is interjecting an opinion in that article. It may have been a Korean that the author interviewed, or it could be that the author has an axe to grind. Either way, the story is apparently not getting much attention because I've seen nothing about it on TV and have to Google search it on the Internet just to find an article.

As far as being "proud" of everything the country has ever done: of course not. But that is not what Michelle Obama meant and you know it. She didn't qualify her remarks to say that she's not proud of the slavery issue or of the Iraq war or of the civil rights clashes of the 1960's. She said that "for the first time in my adult life I'm proud of my country." That's an overarching, pejorative statement. I certainly understand your point, but you're making a different point than she did. You qualified your statement; she did not.

Regardless, if she has her husband's interests at heart, she should probably keep her personal feelings to herself. But between her and Jeremiah Wright, there are some serious issues with which Obama will have to deal. Not with the mainstream liberal crowd, which has moved to the extreme far left. But with the moderate democrats and independents, these will be serious issues for him and the Mccain campaign has every right to call him to task on them.
    Last edited by mildawg; 05-21-2008 at 11:59 AM.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

And I may have said worse to people, but they weren't Tech fans. I don't think I've ever been that way in the pawlitics forum. Only with flamers or when personally attacked first.

Anyway, to be honest, I generally agree with you most of the time. Just hate to see what I perceive as you getting all worked up and insulting fellow Tech fans. Apparently, I misunderstood your post, and offer my apologies.
    Ha-ha. No, I'm not getting worked up. I just enjoy discussing these issues. My use of the words "idiot" and "moron" is just my way of having fun with the likes of salty (who is not a Tech fan), DB2, and sometimes rander and guiss. I have no ill will toward any of them -- I just know that all it takes is a crack about Ron Paul or throwing out an "idiot" or "moron" statement and they will circle the wagons. I have never cursed or belittled anyone, with the exception being MonreauxTiger. The particular post to which you responded was simply a general statement about the post Tyler was responding to. If I ever truly try to insult someone, it will be much more eloquent...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe so. I don't know that she's never been proud of anything the country has done. I just think that she used hyperbole to make a point, and it's coming back to bite her on the ass. She'll have to learn about political grandstanding and exaggeraring to reach an audience.

Listen again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WNGjawtP48

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Nope again. She and BHO were children of privilege and their private school choices show that exactly to a tee. Although and I must say, that being able to attend TECH was a privilege as well. My folks just didn't have to pay an arm and a leg like BHO's and his wife's parents paid for their elitist private education.
    TT, tell me more about BHO so-called elitist education. While you are at it, tell me about Cindy's education.

(2nd request).

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    TT, tell me more about BHO so-called elitist education. While you are at it, tell me about Cindy's education.

(2nd request).
    Feel free to look it up yourself. I believe the OBAMA's are both Ivy League school graduates and lawyers.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Feel free to look it up yourself. I believe the OBAMA's are both Ivy League school graduates and lawyers.
    What a crock of shit! Lawyers are now elitists! ROTFLMAO!

Why are you supporting a self-confessed adulterer? Or don't you believe in the Bible any more?

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

What a crock of shit! Lawyers are now elitists! ROTFLMAO!

Why are you supporting a self-confessed adulterer? Or don't you believe in the Bible any more?

I said IVY League grads Salty. Remember the original topic, and your question, concerned their elitist education. How quick you forget. But again feel free to look this stuff up yourself.

BTW, are you/we allowed to type cuss words on BB&B?

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

(2nd request).
    McCain's high school currently costs $38k/yr to attend. That's more than lots of universities.

Oh, and based on a current Obama email, apparently having a government-funded career is a bad thing... Did you know that McCain went to the Naval Academy, which is government funded! What a drain on society!

He's both an elitist AND a government-funded leech on society! Well, according to the standards YOU guys set...

But hey, if you guys didnt hold McCain to the same standards as Obama, that would make you... *gasp* ... HYPOCRITES!
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    Did you know that McCain went to the Naval Academy, which is government funded! What a drain on society!

He's both an elitist AND a government-funded leech on society!
    You picked the wrong example DB2. As I have posted here in the past, I attended the USAFA in Colorado Springs in the 70's (prior to finishing at TECH) and can tell you for a fact that probably 85% + of the parents of those cadets could barely afford public school muchless an Ivy League one. And that was in my case as well. I went to the USAFA to become a dentist due to my folks never being able to afford dental school or what it might have taken to get there at all. Of course as it ended up a year and a half later, I was at TECH enrolling in the Geology Department. God had other plans for me. I don't know about the $$ McCain's parents had when he attended the USNA but I bet an IVY League University education was out of the question like the majority of Academy parents. No, we were way far from being elitist my friend.

See, these are the kinds of responses that elicit the "idiot" and "moron" comments... Neither DB2 nor salty can carry a rational conversation. The only fact in any of the above posts to Tyler responded was that McCain went to the Naval Academy. The rest is irrational conjecture. I would think that McCain is DB2's kind of guy if he's truly a government-funded leech. Fits in with his political philosophy.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

You picked the wrong example DB2. As I have posted here in the past, I attended the USAFA in Colorado Springs in the 70's (prior to finishing at TECH) and can tell you for a fact that probably 85% + of the parents of those cadets could barely afford public school muchless an Ivy League one.
    My post was very tongue-in-cheek tyler. I have no issues at all with people who went to the USAFA or the Naval Academy. If I wasnt so lazy (wake up at 5am? No thanks :-P), I'd have gone to the USAFA (had a congressman all lined up for a recommendation through my AFJROTC unit).

The point simply was, you call Obama elitist for attending an expensive school. McCain's high school costs $38k/yr these days. Almost as much as an ivy league school. If McCain didnt want to join the navy, he sure would have been going to Harvard I bet (there's more of that conjecture mildawg hates). So who's the elitist? They both attended expensive schools.

Then there's the email that says just because Obama has held some jobs with government-funded entities, that he has never held a real job. Well, McCain's university *and* job were government funded.

So McCain is just as much an elitist, and product of government support as Obama. Whether mildawg likes it or not.

I'm not saying those are BAD things. I'm saying that when you bash Obama for one thing, you should make sure McCain hasnt done the very same thing.
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    My post was very tongue-in-cheek tyler. I have no issues at all with people who went to the USAFA or the Naval Academy. If I wasnt so lazy (wake up at 5am? No thanks :-P), I'd have gone to the USAFA (had a congressman all lined up for a recommendation through my AFJROTC unit).

The point simply was, you call Obama elitist for attending an expensive school. McCain's high school costs $38k/yr these days. Almost as much as an ivy league school. If McCain didnt want to join the navy, he sure would have been going to Harvard I bet (there's more of that conjecture mildawg hates). So who's the elitist? They both attended expensive schools.
    So what did McCain's high school cost back in the 50's? I fear even this example of yours will be found to be in left field.

And yes, conjecture on your part about affording Harvard BIG TIME.

Do people feel Obama to be an elitist because of where he went to school or because of his general attitude and comments? I thought it was the latter. Of course, I imagine all people running for president are elitists in one form or another. It is, after all, a hunger for power.

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    Do people feel Obama to be an elitist because of where he went to school or because of his general attitude and comments?
    IMHO, yes, yes and yes. BHO will especially take a ton of grief when he starts to poor mouth and poor boy it.

IMHO, yes, yes and yes. BHO will especially take a ton of grief when he starts to poor mouth and poor boy it.
    I would never hold his Harvard education against him unless he used it to elevate himself above others. I work with a lot of folks who went to Georgetown, George Washington University, and even the Harvards and Princetons of the world. They never let you forget it, either. Of course, they are no smarter or better at their jobs than those of us who went to regular public universities. I do not begrudge anyone because they went to Georgetown. In my opinion, that is very impressive. However, when they try to throw that in someone's face, it tells me one of two things: 1) This person is extremely self-conscious and has little self-esteem, or 2) This person is someone who thinks they're better than others. In the case of being around NLU grads, I would have to agree with any Tech grads falling under category #2...

Personally, give me someone with a USNA or USMA degree over an Ivy League degree any day of the week. Ivy League degrees tell me that a person was privileged. Service academy degrees tell me that a person worked for what they have. I'll take them on my staff any day of the week versus those who constantly point to their Ivy League roots.

+ Reply to Thread