+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vacations...

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: Vacations...

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Dawg View Post
    It's amazing what you can do if you save your money for one big trip instead of traveling to all those away games all over the country. Hint Hint
    Its funny, Charlie and I are a lot alike in our lack of desire to go outside the US. There is so much to see and enjoy within the states that we'll prob spend our lifetime doing just that. Alaska would absolutely be my dream trip.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    Its funny, Charlie and I are a lot alike in our lack of desire to go outside the US. There is so much to see and enjoy within the states that we'll prob spend our lifetime doing just that. Alaska would absolutely be my dream trip.
    How do you expect to develop any culture with that attitude?

I'm right there witcha! Too much to see here that I haven't seen yet.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechSupporter11 View Post
    Wife and I are headed to Washington, D.C. in the summer for a whole week...I'm just glad it's not another damn beach for a vacation...

Guess I should change my plans then..was going to the beach this summer.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

we are going to key largo in 3 weeks. fishing, scuba diving, BEACH, etc...

We usually go to Destin/Panama City Beach every 2-3 years, but Key Largo/Islamarada is better for fishing and diving.

now, if i can swing going to the army game this fall.....

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

Yeah but for a history geek like me, going to the Coliseum and the Roman Forum was my dream trip. At the Vatican I got to stand on the very spot where every Holy Roman Emperor beginning with Charlemagne was crowned. I nearly pissed myself and I'm not even Catholic.

I blame it all on Dr. Mead.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Charlemagne was crowned..
    WHO?

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

WHO?
    He was a great Inuit Indian from Alaska that hunted grizzly bears with nothing but a string of seal guts and an otter's tooth tied to the end.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

He was a great Inuit Indian from Alaska that hunted grizzly bears with nothing but a string of seal guts and an otter's tooth tied to the end.
    Oh that guy..I thought we were talking about the King of the Franks...otherwise known as Charles the Great or Charlemagne. My bad.

Dr. Meade would be proud!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post
    Oh that guy..I thought we were talking about the King of the Franks...otherwise known as Charles the Great or Charlemagne. My bad.

Dr. Meade would be proud!!!
    Do you remember Meade's question that he asked every class?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

WHO?

Mrs. Chou's great great great great great uncle.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Do you remember Meade's question that he asked every class?
    Hell, I should know this..I minored in history and only took every class he offered. One of my favorite teachers while at Tech, along with Stokely...I'm sure it had to do with Rome and Julius Caesar though...I vaguely remember him asking a question in every class and it has to be the one you are referring to, but I can't remember....only been 20+ years since I had him...Damn, that just made me feel old.

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post
    Hell, I should know this..I minored in history and only took every class he offered. One of my favorite teachers while at Tech, along with Stokely...I'm sure it had to do with Rome and Julius Caesar though...I vaguely remember him asking a question in every class and it has to be the one you are referring to, but I can't remember....only been 20+ years since I had him...Damn, that just made me feel old.
    I tell my students about Dr. Meade all the time. He was in my top three favorites along with Stokley and Price. I can still picture him walking into class with the Roman Legionaire's uniform on and announcing that he was the reincarnation of Julius Caesar.

The question he always asked the classes that I was in was, "Who unified upper and lower Egypt in 3100 BC." The answer was Narmer. He asked that question everyday and then put it on the final exam. When we went to check our grades outside his office, he had a list of five or six names at the bottom of the grade sheet with the heading, "These Stupid People Missed the Narmer Question."

Charlemagne? hey, wasnt that the black guy that had a show on TV that had a skit about Charlie Murphy whip'n Rick James' butt? That be'yotch is funny!!!!
    Last edited by Choudawg86; 05-10-2008 at 06:30 AM.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Key West
    Fort Walton Beach
    Destin in late August for a weekend trip

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Panama City
    New Mexico
    (Vegas)
    (D.C.)

And just got back from the Smokies, which were actually pretty awesome.

+ Reply to Thread