+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vacations...

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Re: Vacations...

My wife likes going to Nantucket and saves all year to go at least once and sometimes twice to stay at the Wauwinet, http://www.wauwinet.com/. It faces a bay and is steps from the Atlantic. I generally hang out on the Atlantic. It is usually too cold to swim but it is very serene and and I am usually the only person on the whole beach. There are lots of great places to eat and they have a high dollar restaurant at the Inn.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DFWDawg View Post
    My wife likes going to Nantucket and saves all year to go at least once and sometimes twice to stay at the Wauwinet, http://www.wauwinet.com/. It faces a bay and is steps from the Atlantic. I generally hang out on the Atlantic. It is usually too cold to swim but it is very serene and and I am usually the only person on the whole beach. There are lots of great places to eat and they have a high dollar restaurant at the Inn.
    There once was a man from Nantucket...

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Dawg View Post
    I tell my students about Dr. Meade all the time. He was in my top three favorites along with Stokley and Price. I can still picture him walking into class with the Roman Legionaire's uniform on and announcing that he was the reincarnation of Julius Caesar.

The question he always asked the classes that I was in was, "Who unified upper and lower Egypt in 3100 BC." The answer was Narmer. He asked that question everyday and then put it on the final exam. When we went to check our grades outside his office, he had a list of five or six names at the bottom of the grade sheet with the heading, "These Stupid People Missed the Narmer Question."
    I remember that now!!!...He used to ask that question even if it wasn't part of that particular class. I should have remembered that. I think I took him for 5 or 6 classes (at least) as I minored in history. He used to go to Rome/Egypt every summer for archeology studies and I had a chance to go to Tech Rome one summer, where he was teaching a class, but I didn't go..wish I would have now. He used to talk a lot about Caesar and the ancient Carthaginians too. Along with Dr. Meade, Dr. Stokely and Dr. Bill Conway, my advisor while an undergrad, were my favorite profs.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by TechSupporter11 View Post
    Wife and I are headed to Washington, D.C. in the summer for a whole week...I'm just glad it's not another damn beach for a vacation...
    Just go to the Smithsonian's - I spent 3 days in DC and all I did was go to the museums....

It was fabulous for a history GEEK....

Make the trip to Manassas also -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Just go to the Smithsonian's - I spent 3 days in DC and all I did was go to the museums....

It was fabulous for a history GEEK....

Make the trip to Manassas also -
    We've got a whole week to spend so we'll cram in as much as possible with the museums...wife and I are pretty bumbed though that the American history museum is closed for renovations...

We're hoping to make a drive to Gettysburg as well while we're up there...

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechSupporter11 View Post
    We've got a whole week to spend so we'll cram in as much as possible with the museums...wife and I are pretty bumbed though that the American history museum is closed for renovations...

We're hoping to make a drive to Gettysburg as well while we're up there...
    Check out old town Alexandria if you have time. Its inside the beltway, off of the King Street Metro. A lot of history there.

Varsity Bulldog dawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the rough dawgbytes's Avatar

I'm in Kauai right now. Amazing.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbytes View Post
    I'm in Kauai right now. Amazing.
    How are the chickens doing?

Varsity Bulldog dawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the rough dawgbytes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgcrazy View Post
    How are the chickens doing?
    Still reproducing. They are everywhere.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbytes View Post
    Still reproducing. They are everywhere.
    It's pretty unbelievable, isn't it? Kauai's awesome, though. Highly recommended for anyone who's never been...

As for me, I'm doing a trip (for my wife's sake) to Prince Edward Island, a weekend or so in Chicago, and a cruise late in the summer...hopefully to somewhere eastern Carribean-ish.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Destin is my destination. Cant' wait.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

West Point is our vacation this year :icon_wink:

Big Dog LTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the rough LTUIronDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Destin is my destination. Cant' wait.
    I'll be there late tonight!!!

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LTUIronDawg View Post
    I'll be there late tonight!!!
    Lucky Dawg!

+ Reply to Thread