+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Logo

Big Dog mjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud of

New Logo

Ok, I've been out of commission for a little while. But I just saw that the logo with LA and the state T as the 'T' in 'Tech', is our new logo?

I'm sorry, but this logo is not good. Am I the only one that thinks this? Surely not. I think it can be MUCH better, if we take some time to come up with something. Thoughts?

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Re: New Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mjl006 View Post
    Ok, I've been out of commission for a little while. But I just saw that the logo with LA and the state T as the 'T' in 'Tech', is our new logo?

I'm sorry, but this logo is not good. Am I the only one that thinks this? Surely not. I think it can be MUCH better, if we take some time to come up with something. Thoughts?
    Lots of people and lots of money whet into all of the new logos. Stay in touch.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mjl006 View Post

this is a non issue.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I don't care for it, but I figure it is just one more weapon in the arsenal - with "Tech," the plain State-T, the seal, our full name, Dogs, Bulldogs, a Bulldog logo, etc.
    I probably won't buy anything with that on it, but since it isn't like regular ole State-T stuff won't be available it doesn't bother me.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

I don't care about tweaking the logo myself. I'm fine either way.

That being said I do think we could have found better use for the amount of money we spent paying a firm to come up with the new logo.

We have way too many talented alumni or students who would have donated this work for free.

And before you jump on mjl006 he is a graphic designer by trade so his opinion has some value....

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04 View Post
    That being said I do think we could have found better use for the amount of money we spent paying a firm to come up with the new logo.
    So, how much did we spend and what did we get for that money?

Many times in life we all will be able to do things cheaper by using a "friend". But MANY times that "friend" has other commitments (jobs actually putting food on his table) that will be pushed ahead of yours. Plus, many times short cuts will be made or temporary fixes will be done because your friend doesn't have exactly what you/he needs or in crunched for time. When this happens and a problem arises what is your plan to correct the problem? Attack your buddy who "helped" you? I know a lot of people that would/will help me. But not at the cost of the well being of their family. If you hire a professional you have a way to hold them responsible and/or liable for their mistake. You can't bitch about FREE!

Now, I heard Dooley say that basically the logo change came up because he was trying to find our bulldawg logo and was told, "We just us the Clip Art." This is (and was to Dooley) totally unexceptable. Well, if you are going to pay for someone to design a bulldog why not look at your other logos and any problems those logos may create and see if a better alternative is available?

I have no idea what was spent. I am just saying, "You get what you pay for!"

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04 View Post
    And before you jump on mjl006 he is a graphic designer by trade so his opinion has some value....
    Since he is a graphic designer I would like his opinion on how the old "State T" compared to the new "State T" (no other letters used) when it comes to reproduction on everything from cups to shirts to stadium signs to billboards? Is there a cost saving in lessoning the detail of the state of Louisiana?

I know, because I have PAID for this, that our old "state T" logo is hard to reproduce because the format available was not compatible with local sign and clothing companies. Companies must "re-draw" the old logo. Which intails a tracing on the computer (which cost money). And the logo is never identical.

The point is that unless you know what it cost, what we received, and what extra cost were included in all logo'ed items before, you can't say we "wasted money".

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Isn't the athletic department supposed to be creating a new bulldog logo? I thought I heard they were using the same company ULM used when they changed to the Warhawks

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

If you pd. $18.94 you'd have know weeks ago.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    If you pd. $18.94 you'd have know weeks ago.

I'm not sure why he shouldn't have known this weeks ago for free?

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Yes, we did hire a serious, experienced, company (Rickabaugh Graphics http://home.columbus.rr.com/rickabaughs/). BUT I think they were only supposed to do the Logo (State-T) and Word marks, the Bulldog and some other were added later don't know if we were able to get away with no extra charge are not though.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

does anyone have a picture of what out helmets will look like this fall?

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    does anyone have a picture of what out helmets will look like this fall?
    Yeah I just got this email leaked to me with an awesome new concept drawing for the new helmets! See Below

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Yeah I just got this email leaked to me with an awesome new concept drawing for the new helmets! See Below
    Sweet!!!! You are the true insider.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Will the helmets have LA TECH on them or won't they? I heard that it was reported in the Ruston paper that they will.

+ Reply to Thread