View Poll Results: Will you be attendng the WAC Baseball Tournament?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

21 25.30%
  • NO

55 66.27%
  • MAYBE

5 6.02%
  • THE WAC TOURNAMENT IS IN RUSTON?

2 2.41%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will you be attending the WAC Tournament?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Poll Will you be attending the WAC Tournament?

I am going to try to get over Sunday for the Championship. My son's first birthday party is Saturday, so that is out.

Big Dog metrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her game metrydawg's Avatar

Re: Will you be attending the WAC Tournament?

Too bad Tech can't even participate in the tourney they are hosting. I would have if Tech was in it, but not interested in driving 300 miles since they are not.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Don't feel bad. I won't drive 68 miles for it.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Don't feel bad. I won't drive 68 miles for it.
    And we will never get it again -

There is more to hosting a tourney than watching your own team play....

I'm planning skipping work one day -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

This tournament might be the starting point to having the WAC kick us out in a few years.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech XXIX View Post
    This tournament might be the starting point to having the WAC kick us out in a few years.
    You really think so? Almost any tournament, in any sport, in almost any conference (certainly in any spread-out conference like the WAC, MWC, C-USA, SB) is going to have lower (i.e. low) attendence when the host team is not in it. And obviously this is worse when the host team is on the geographical fringe of the conference.

If USU or Nevade or Fresno hosts basketball and gets knocked out in round one no one expects low attendence to lead to them being kicked out of the conference. But that would be a poorly attended tournament.

We'd have the same problem in Hawaii (maybe worse).

I could see this leading to them possibly being more careful with handing out post-season tournaments, but other than that - no big deal. No location in the WAC would have big numbers if their team didn't even make the field. Not one. Some would do better than us (I guess the Cal. schools are within driving distance of one another), but even then you aren't gonna get sell-outs for baseball.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

This is a BIG CHANCE for TECH and us to make lemonade out of a very bad lemon -

However, I don't think we are capable of doing that -

And unfortuantely it will probably BURY us from hosting anything but a GOLF championship in the future...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    This is a BIG CHANCE for TECH and us to make lemonade out of a very bad lemon -

However, I don't think we are capable of doing that -

And unfortuantely it will probably BURY us from hosting anything but a GOLF championship in the future...
    Maybe. I don't really know how other tournaments have been attended in the WAC. But my question is how much worse can we really look than any other WAC school in the same situation?

And why should this make any difference on us hosting Basketball tournaments? Or Track championships, or whatever other sports we might have been eligible to host tournaments for?

Who in the WAC could host a tournament (and in what sport) without their team in it and have anyone show up? Maybe people would come see a really good men's basketball team from another school with a lot of future NBAers on it, I guess. Other than that I doubt any of our cities would do very well.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

I think the average attendance for the Nevada & Fresno hosted baseball conference tournaments was around 1200. (except when the hosting team played)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    I think the average attendance for the Nevada & Fresno hosted baseball conference tournaments was around 1200. (except when the hosting team played)
    I am guessing that is better than we will do :icon_wink: but at least they were in the tournament, right? - their future opponents were being determined by the outcomes of the other games.

I still don't think low attendence at this thing is going to be a big deal - totally expected and very understandable, and not connected to future events other than baseball tournaments that we host but fail to qualify for.

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

The attendance is not what worries me. What I am worried about is our adminstration. Will they still roll out the red carpet for this event since we are not playing in it or will start to cut corners and make everyone leave with a "happy to be getting the hell out of here" attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech XXIX View Post
    The attendance is not what worries me. What I am worried about is our adminstration. Will they still roll out the red carpet for this event since we are not playing in it or will start to cut corners and make everyone leave with a "happy to be getting the hell out of here" attitude.
    Now that is a good question.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I am guessing that is better than we will do :icon_wink: but at least they were in the tournament, right? - their future opponents were being determined by the outcomes of the other games.

I still don't think low attendence at this thing is going to be a big deal - totally expected and very understandable, and not connected to future events other than baseball tournaments that we host but fail to qualify for.
    What I think you're not thinking about is the fact that none of these schools want to come to Ruston to begin with, so they will use this as an excuse for future selections regardless of sport and regardless of the double standard of poorly attended tournaments out west.

When is the tournament. If I'm in town that weekend, I'll try to make a game.

Big Dog LTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the rough LTUIronDawg's Avatar

I'm going. I'm supposed to be working at the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    What I think you're not thinking about is the fact that none of these schools want to come to Ruston to begin with, so they will use this as an excuse for future selections regardless of sport and regardless of the double standard of poorly attended tournaments out west.

When is the tournament. If I'm in town that weekend, I'll try to make a game.
    Maybe so.

That goes on DD's plate of "things we won't stand for" I guess. It will be his job to keep that from happening. "It's too far" is one thing, "the '08 baseball tourny had low attendence" is another (as far as reasons for us not getting the bids for tournaments).

+ Reply to Thread