+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is It Time to Invade Burma?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Is It Time to Invade Burma?

Check out what CNN/TIME is saying we could and maybe should do to help with this tragedy. Ironic in that the female Dem. Governor of Louisiana wouldn't let our own troops into New Orleans for days after Katrina. She just sat back and cried on TV.

Is It Time to Invade Burma?

Saturday, May. 10, 2008 By ROMESH RATNESAR

Aerial view of a badly stricken village of Irrawaddy, Burma
    Burma / Chine Nouvelle/SIPA

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...0.html?cnn=yes

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Re: Is It Time to Invade Burma?

So theyre saying we should invade because the government is rejecting relief from other countries.... Hmm... isnt that what W did? Should Canada and Italy have invaded New Orleans to offer us aid?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Where is Rambo when you need him?

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cowpoke1977 View Post
    Where is Rambo when you need him?
    Having kids...

Attached Images Attached Images

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    So theyre saying we should invade because the government is rejecting relief from other countries.... Hmm... isnt that what W did? Should Canada and Italy have invaded New Orleans to offer us aid?

I guess some folks blame their erectile dysfunction on W!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

That was actually a good one.

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

As long as France didn't come along with them.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

China should be the one to step in and render aide but they have their own troubles with earthquakes. For all those people suffering and starving in Burma I think Britain and US should go in and deliver aide. Make it clear to the ruling government we are only there to put up shelters, provide food, and setup purified water to help out. If they get in the way they visit with Special Forces and Marines. The government is corrupt and cares nothing for their people. After water recedes and peple are back to rebuilding then leave.

GW kind of ticked me off because I read where he was sending his condolences to those suffering but did not see anything about loading up planes and air dropping food to those that need it. I saw we did have one plane land but the government did not want anything being delivered by US that they would truck it in themselves to take the credit. Yea, and I am sure they are taking it to the capital and not to those in the field hurting. What a big mess. This could turn into a big flop for GW if he does not get with the program and pitch in.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DFWDawg View Post
    GW kind of ticked me off because I read where he was sending his condolences to those suffering but did not see anything about loading up planes and air dropping food to those that need it. I saw we did have one plane land but the government did not want anything being delivered by US that they would truck it in themselves to take the credit. Yea, and I am sure they are taking it to the capital and not to those in the field hurting. What a big mess. This could turn into a big flop for GW if he does not get with the program and pitch in.
    Say what????

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

China should be the one to step in and render aide but they have their own troubles with earthquakes. For all those people suffering and starving in Burma I think Britain and US should go in and deliver aide. Make it clear to the ruling government we are only there to put up shelters, provide food, and setup purified water to help out. If they get in the way they visit with Special Forces and Marines. The government is corrupt and cares nothing for their people. After water recedes and peple are back to rebuilding then leave.

I will happily go on record that I don't think our government should do a thing about this, either as an independent country or as part of the UN. If Angelina Jolie, Keanu Reeves, and/or my mother want to start a food drive to aid those that were affected, then I certainly would applaud their efforts. But foreign aid is NOT the responsibility of our government.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post
    I will happily go on record that I don't think our government should do a thing about this, either as an independent country or as part of the UN. If Angelina Jolie, Keanu Reeves, and/or my mother want to start a food drive to aid those that were affected, then I certainly would applaud their efforts. But foreign aid is NOT the responsibility of our government.
    You sure are the humanatarian. I donate to the Red Cross and sure they are helping over in Burma but this is beyond the scope that you or I could ever imagine. A disaster of this propoertion should involve the richest nations helping one of the poorest. Understand my take has nothing to do with the inept and corrupt government but helping people who have no one else to turn to. As long as we are a Super Power it is our responsibility to help those in need. That is my opinion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Say what????
    It should seem obvious, but I guess not. GW invaded Iraq and rightfully so. But that is not how our own allies see it. If we blow off Burma then it just looks like we show up when it is time to drop bombs and nation building. GW could help his image and that of the US by delivering aid to those in dire need in Burma. I am very curious to get your take on this. Please explaiin.

It should seem obvious, but I guess not. GW invaded Iraq and rightfully so. But that is not how our own allies see it. If we blow off Burma then it just looks like we show up when it is time to drop bombs and nation building. GW could help his image and that of the US by delivering aid to those in dire need in Burma. I am very curious to get your take on this. Please explaiin.
    Remember I started this thread. We will not blow Burma off as we are trying to get the thug government to let us into the country. And none of us want to see our troops shot at delivery food and supplies to these poor folks. But your comment about possibly blaming Bush ("This could turn into a big flop for GW if he does not get with the program and pitch in") was a tad absurd IMHO. Bush has flooped in many ways but this will not be one of them.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

..I donate to the Red Cross and sure they are helping over in Burma ...
    Not me. I'll never ever give another flippin' penny to the Red Flippin' Cross; not even if I find it on the floor of a local C-store. They NEVER share info or cooperate with any other relief agency (I know this first hand); they drive around in their brand new fancy vehicles and ALWAYS collect more than they spend.

Talk about a bureaucracy ??

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post
    We are in 100% agreement for once. The naysayers can't blame W for this one!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

+ Reply to Thread