+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shreveport Flooding

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Shreveport Flooding

Just got back from picking my wife and mother in law up from the protection of the Shreveport Fire Dept.. I awoke from a nap to discover that my wife and mom in law decided to try and make it back from Bossier City and got caught in a flash flood. Many other motorists met the same fate. On my roundabout journey to retrieve my very soggy, but safe, wife and mom in law I saw stuff flooded in Shreveport that I thought I'd never see and I've lived here for 30 years. For those of you familiar with Shreveport I'll give you a brief synopsis: I-49 at Kings had 5-6 feet of water, the bayou (or glorified concrete ditch) that runs through Betty Virginia park- on Line Avenue- busted its banks and the entire park and houses on the North side looked like whitewater rapids with the main park having 6-8 feet of water raging through it. I went down to the end of my street (Huron) to Gilbert Drive to check on an elderly friend of mine and the SFD had already evacuated the homes along Bayou Pierre, the Gilbert and Ockley sections were completely underwater. I couldn't make it to the bridge as there was approx 6+ feet of water. The news said that Dixie Gardens is getting it bad and I assume many parts of Broadmoor are in bad shape as well. Thoughts and prayers to my people in Shreveport/Bossier as it is still raining. Anybody that needs help or needs to try to get some info please contact me and I'll do what I can. BTW: 911 is no longer working in Shreveport (overloaded). Ross
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Big Dog Tech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really nice Tech09's Avatar

Re: Shreveport Flooding

We did not have near as bad in Bossier City, but got a lot of rain none the less. My wife called me while I was at the baseball game tonight and recommended I stay with the in-laws in Calhoun. Decided to come home with no incidents as the weather stayed to the south of I-20. Glad your family is safe and ok.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Yea... i'm suppose to be at work in 25 minutes.... I don't see that happening right now. Gonna try and wait to see if the roads will clear up a bit before going in.

Shreveport got it MUCH harder than Bossier and I've got a few emails with MANY road closures all over S'port.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Even part of Barksdale Blvd are under water. From around Parkway HS and south, the ditches are overflowing and the parking lots are nothing but water. With more rain on the way, this is going to get real interesting.

Hope that everyone stays safe. There has already been at least one death related to drowning in this flood.

Puppy linds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the ears linds_Marie's Avatar

My house got some water in it and we are worried about more coming in..

Puppy linds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the ears linds_Marie's Avatar

wow ya know I went back and read more carefully what you said about the flooding you saw.. and where you are talking about is right along the path I take to get home from work here in approx and hour.. humm that should be interesting.. I live right there next to centenary... And its pouring here AGAIN.. sheesh...

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

I feel for you guys in the S'port area.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

KTBS had over 10 inches of rain over the last 24 hours. According to their records, that is the most since 1931 when 12 in. was dropped by a tropical storm. I know a lot of my class mates had some serious property damage.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

My parents house out in west Shreveport (Cross Lake area) is an island right now. No way in, no way out.

The good news is we always wanted a moat.

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Water made it to my front walkway. My street was 3 feet under. If you had a car on the street in Broadmoor it probably had atleast a foot of water in it.

Good thing I'm a republican and drive one of those gas guzzling trucks.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

My street had about 6 inches of rushing water on either side (big crown in the middle). My house is on a hill, so we didn't have any interior flooding.

SANDBAGS AVAILABLE IN SHREVEPORT

The city has sandbags available at 3825 Mansfield Road behind the
    offices of Streets and Drainage. When citizens turn in the gate, the bags
    and workers to load the sandbags will be directly in front of them.

Each resident may have 25 bags free of charge. Residents should be
    prepared to provide their name and the address where the bags will be used.
    The office normally closes at 5 p.m. but employees will be there as
    long as necessary.

+ Reply to Thread