It's finally time to set in stone and release my top 10 list...I've officially watched 190 movies (yes, I kept count) released in 2007 to create such...Lost of wasted hours, but some great ones as always...

Hope you enjoy, feel free to agree and disagree by maybe posting your own (we all have our own taste and criteria), and check some of these films out if you haven't already...

Top 10 of 2007

1) ZODIAC - "by far the most overlooked/underrated film of this or any year...saw it in theaters over a year ago, and have since watched it numerous times on DVD...I continue to be amazed and enthralled at this dark thriller that produces in every pitch perfect way...was very bumbed to see no Oscar nominations but was definitely pleased to see it on numerous other top 10 lists"

2) NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN - "flawless is the best word to describe this one...simply bone chilling with across-the-board, phenomenal performances in front of and behind the camera...the dark comedy was spot on as well"

3) MICHAEL CLAYTON - "an absolute gem…aside from the top notch writing, directing, and acting this film is taut, smart, and heart pounding"

4) AWAY FROM HER - Quite simply the most moving love story I’ve seen in years from 1st time director Sarah Polley…a beautiful, heartwarming story of a 40+ year marriage dealing with the struggles of Alzheimer’s…a film I will cherish and remember forever"5) ONCE - "Quite simply the second most moving love story I've seen in years...this modern musical that was made with only 100,000 dollars is a real treasure...the music is so great you'll immediately want the soundtrack"

6) SUPERBAD - "Laughed my ass off the entire film...I quote this movie at least once a day...highly recommend the 2-disc special edition for the bonus features"

7) SUNSHINE - "Got to have a wildcard film in this list and this one blew me away...Danny Boyle's space creation astonished me all the way through"

8) ATONEMENT - "Love stories stole the year for film, and this was yet another passionate, deeply affecting tale shot beautifully with an incredible musical score"

9) NO END IN SIGHT - "Rarely do I put a documentary in my top 10, but this one left me in complete awe...such a revealing piece of in-depth information about the following months of the intial Iraqi invasion 5 years ago"

10) INTO THE WILD - "Shot on location all across North America...this true story had the biggest emotional impact on me thanks in large part to Emile Hirsch's portrayal and Sean Penn's vision...a film rich in thought"

HONORABLE MENTION
There Will Be Blood
The Bourne Ultimatum
American Gangster
The Orphanage (foreign)
Lust, Caution (foreign)
Talk to Me
Knocked Up
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

If you are into limited released films here are some of my favorites...

Documentaries - The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters, My Kid Could Paint That, Lake of Fire, Maxed Out

Foreign - Vitus, Black Book, La Vie En Rose, Angel-A, The Kite Runner

Random - 2 Days in Paris, The Lookout, The TV Set, Lars and the Real Girl, The Savages, Eastern Promises