+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tech Logo/TV?

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Tech Logo/TV?

I've tentatively agreed to be on a local morning show here in Shreveport/Bossier. I was wondering if I needed to get permission from the University in order to be able to wear a State/T cap during these segments?
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Tech Logo/TV?

I don't think so.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I doubt it. If you wanted to officially use their service marks to advertise your business, then you would need their permission. But, in this case, you are just a guy wearing a hat. You are actually giving them free advertising and not associating the university with your business except to show that you are a fan. Since you are not trying to officially associate your business with thiers, it is probably fine.

I say wear it. Even if it is wrong, it's always easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    ....it's always easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
    Very sapiently said. :icon_wink:

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

What does TECH expect you to do with the hat you bought (that they received a license royalty for)?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    I've tentatively agreed to be on a local morning show here in Shreveport/Bossier. I was wondering if I needed to get permission from the University in order to be able to wear a State/T cap during these segments?
    Quoting Ronnie Walker when I asked about making BBB business cards with the state T: "What are they going to do, sue a TECH alum?!?! PFFT... do what you wish."

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I plan on going ahead and wearing the TECH hat...both to support TECH and to cover up my bald spot.:icon_wink: WIll let you guys know when we get the show up and running. BTW: I'm thinking of naming the segment "Going To Market".

We will be filming the first segment of "Going To Market" for the show Good Morning Ark-La-Tex this coming Tuesday. I WILL be wearing a TECH shirt for the show. I hope that when all the ladies see my handsome mug on TV my business doesn't turn into a tourist attraction!:icon_wink:
    I believe the show will air next Friday morning.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    We will be filming the first segment of "Going To Market" for the show Good Morning Ark-La-Tex this coming Tuesday. I WILL be wearing a TECH shirt for the show. I hope that when all the ladies see my handsome mug on TV my business doesn't turn into a tourist attraction!:icon_wink:
    I believe the show will air next Friday morning.
    What channel will that air on? And what day and time will it air?

Forgot to ask. I will find out more and let you guys know. I just said yes! when they asked if I'd host the cooking/shopping segment.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Oh my! That is awesome. Wear all the Tech products you can!

That will be fun and you can promote Tech in a not so subliminal way - find out the channel. I'll switch to Shreveport news in the mornings. I'm excited for you! I want to watch you cook!

Allright....just got done filming the first segment of "Going To Market" for Wonderful Day Ark-La-Tex. It will air Friday at 7 AM on UPN (FOX, channel 9, I believe, on the local networks) and re-air Sat at 6 AM (hey, Emeril had to start out in some bad time slots too:icon_wink. I definitely wore my TECH shirt and if you watch the show you'll see that I strategically placed a TECH license plate directly over my left shoulder and it should be able to be seen during the entire show. I should get the DVD of the dubbed version this week and I'll try to figurte out how to post some still pictures on this thread. Stan Stava is the producer/interviewer for the show and he graduated from TECH in the late 70's early 80's I think. I got him to join NW LTAG and he said that I could sneak-in some TECH stuff whenever I wanted. I did a bit on grilling and snuck in the line, "...this works really well when my buddies come over to watch the Cubs or TECH games on TV and we're cooking out."

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

excellent effort.
    Now, the next segment you tell everyone "Now, this is what we're grilling Aug. 30 at Joe Aillet Stadium when Mississippi State comes to visit the Tech Bulldogs." Start your preparations and then abruptly say, "Did I say kickoff would be at 5:45 for that Tech-Mississippi State game?" and go back to your segment. . . . you'll get the feel for it.

We're proud of you. Git 'er done!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Humm, your mug on TV at 7 AM.....OK well as long as you are talking about food I guess I can take it. Set the DVR folks.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...VtOAdAbJnr4%3D

A little more publicity from the Shreveport Times. Check out the last line under the bologna and cheese heading.

+ Reply to Thread