+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: Request for fellow beer snobs..

Puppy ChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the rough ChampKind's Avatar

Re: Request for fellow beer snobs..

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    No reviews on Shreveport's own from the snobs? I've had the APA (Commotion) and the Lager (Southern Drawl) and I enjoyed both. Of course, I have no idea what I'm doing as a beer snob. I enjoyed the Lager more than the APA, but both were very good to my uninitiated pallet.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield, and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth out for a nice seafood dinner, and never call her again.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

This is some funny stuff. CAREFUL: Language but the last "commercial" is so true. Bud light is the worst excuse for beer that has ever been produced: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjN2BFf-AXs
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChampKind View Post
    No reviews on Shreveport's own from the snobs? I've had the APA (Commotion) and the Lager (Southern Drawl) and I enjoyed both. Of course, I have no idea what I'm doing as a beer snob. I enjoyed the Lager more than the APA, but both were very good to my uninitiated pallet.
    LOVE Great Raft. I haven't had a beer of theirs I haven't liked. Commotion, Southern Drawl, and Reasonably Corrupt (black lager) are the flagship brews, and they have a healthy cast of seasonals and one-off recipe testing brews that have all been home runs, imo. Overall, it's a quality brand and a quality product. They also have food trucks stop by on the weekend. Shreveport is lucky to have them in town.

Also- Flying Heart Brewing just opened in Bossier in the old fire station on Barksdale. Haven't had a chance to check that one out yet. There's also Red River Brewing on Marshall St. in Shreveport (kind of near the Ogilvie Hardware lofts). S/BC's craft brew scene is really nice these days.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Man how things have changed in the beer world since this thread started. Not only can I go to just about any restaurant in Shreveport/Bossier and get a quality brew we have 3 local breweries and a 4th that is trying to get up and running. If you haven't had a 7th Tap brew catch them at one of the beer fests. They usually have the longest line. So what is everyone drinking these days? Style, Brewery, etc? Being that it is October I've been searching for great Marzen's. Any suggestions?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Cocktails (mostly) and the occasional Belgian beer. Gueuzes and other sours, quads, tripels, saisons, trapists. But I am game for anything my tailgate homeys bring. They have good taste.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Golden Draak

WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I scored 12 Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA's yesterday. Down to 10 now.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    Andy, u must have won the lottery... to pay for those suckers. They are awesome though

Big Dog LongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the rough LongtimeDawgfan's Avatar

I enjoy the 90's and have always wanted to try the 120's. DeVine had them...tasted like cough syrup. 2 kicked my arse! Got a 4 pack on the Friday before the North Texas game. After that I went back to my ole reliable, Goose Island IPA.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Andy, u must have won the lottery... to pay for those suckers. They are awesome though
    When you see something totally awesome that you really like, buy it. Besides, these will last me a long time if I can keep Dogtorevil out of them. I have some Westvleren XII going on 4 years old.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    This is some funny stuff. CAREFUL: Language but the last "commercial" is so true. Bud light is the worst excuse for beer that has ever been produced: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjN2BFf-AXs
    Shiner Blonde Light is tastless. I mean it's like drinking water. So it doesn't really taste bad, but it's a poor excuse for beer. I generally stay away form any beer that has Lite or Light in its name.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

When you see something totally awesome that you really like, buy it. Besides, these will last me a long time if I can keep Dogtorevil out of them. I have some Westvleren XII going on 4 years old.
    What is this "beer" of which you speak?
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    What is this "beer" of which you speak?
    DE good to see you here. The man that help me fill the initial request that started this thread. Many beers have passed since then and much has changed in the beer world. I wonder at what point people start to think there is too much beer, nah never happen.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I remember mentioning the song "In Heaven There is No Beer" to some Germans when I was there many years ago. While we know it is a joke they were not amused.

+ Reply to Thread