+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Request for fellow beer snobs..

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Re: Request for fellow beer snobs..

EXtremely interesting link DE

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    EXtremely interesting link DE
    yesssssssss
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I hate to change the direction this thread was heading, but I have posted a couple of new reviews. I have a couple more yet to try (including another Avery Anniversary Ale), so more reviews will be fothcoming, just not tonight.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Not much action in the Beer Club section so I thought I would revive the ole snob section. So heres my delima, I live in a beer poor town. Nothing much except the same grocery store beers to choose from. Should I A. Move, B. Drive to another city once a month with a large truck and stock up, C. order my beers from an online distributor? I'm already brewing my own so that is a little fix but I need some variety for homebrewing inspiration.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Not much action in the Beer Club section so I thought I would revive the ole snob section. So heres my delima, I live in a beer poor town. Nothing much except the same grocery store beers to choose from. Should I A. Move, B. Drive to another city once a month with a large truck and stock up, C. order my beers from an online distributor? I'm already brewing my own so that is a little fix but I need some variety for homebrewing inspiration.

B is the most sensible option. I assume you have a dedicated beer fridge since you are kegging.

What online distributors are you looking at?
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    B is the most sensible option. I assume you have a dedicated beer fridge since you are kegging.

What online distributors are you looking at?

Market sent me some links a while back. I have them on my home computer. Yes I have the fridge, but the entire bottom half if full of kegs. I could stock the shelves. So where would be my nearest beer snob store? Dallas?

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Market sent me some links a while back. I have them on my home computer. Yes I have the fridge, but the entire bottom half if full of kegs. I could stock the shelves. So where would be my nearest beer snob store? Dallas?
    Considering your space issue, it may be just as sensible to order online to fill out the rest of your fridge instead of making the drive. I would guess Dallas is your best bet for driving options, but I don't really know what beer snob stores they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Considering your space issue, it may be just as sensible to order online to fill out the rest of your fridge instead of making the drive. I would guess Dallas is your best bet for driving options, but I don't really know what beer snob stores they have.

That was my concern. So I think on line. My kegs are taking up the bottom 2/3's of my fridge so I only have a shelf maybe two. A couple of cases would be about all I could handle. I'll have to see what stores are available in Dallas, the calculate the cost of the drive plus loss of time (although the trip could be fun) compared to the cost of shipping.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

When you go to "The Beerslayer"'s supply house he usually has 6-8 different styles on tap at any given time that you can "sample" while you're getting your grains milled, ect.. Let me know when you want to go and that should give you some inspiration and if you like he can tweak the recipes to suit your needs on the spot.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

I am interested in finding/developing a recipe for a Belgian Tripel. Any thoughts?

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

http://beerslayerworld.com/default.aspx

Email my buddy Bob Carbone and I'll bet he can help you out.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I really get a chuckle from this one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCAoxI0oHMI
    WWDog
    La Tech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2p2DzGc2wQ

We used this one in a briefing for the Air Force Information Battlelab. I posted it a while back on the board when someone claimed that hunting wasn't asport.
    WWDog
    La Tech

+ Reply to Thread