+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Request for fellow beer snobs..

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: Request for fellow beer snobs..

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Most of the Dogfish Head bears are much better than Blue Moon and Spatan Optimator. They make many styles, some of which are not to my tastes, but they are all well executed.
    What ??

Dead bears; executed, even ??

Well, I guess that's a very good thing, if they're hanging out in pkg. stores, c-stores, and the like ! ! !

:icon_wink:

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Wow. I guess I had too many gin and tonics last night.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Gin and tonic. Now there is a beer! Tastes a little too much like tar for me but they are good and strong! I tried to drink those once a long time ago in my early years in the Air Force. All the yankee boys were drinking them and I had to keep up.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Tastes like juniper berries to me.

Still have not found the Palo Santo Marron, yet. Checked two places that carry Dogfish Head. We only have one more place in town that might have it. Talked to one of the owners at one of the places and he wasn't sure whether they would get it, but he said he would look into it.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Wow. I guess I had too many gin and tonics last night.
    Got nothing against gin; have always liked the taste of it, especially with olives; but, why screw up the taste with the tonic water ??

I'm guessing you are either (1) drinking some very cheap gin, or (2) afraid you might come down with malaria ?? If it's (2), you can add some lime and also get protection against scurvy while you are at it.

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Got nothing against gin; have always liked the taste of it, especially with olives; but, why screw up the taste with the tonic water ??

I'm guessing you are either (1) drinking some very cheap gin, or (2) afraid you might come down with malaria ?? If it's (2), you can add some lime and also get protection against scurvy while you are at it.

I didn't know there was such a thing as expensive gin. It was Tanqueray. Vodka is for Martinis. Gin is for tonic. I have some Hendricks gin that I have been waiting to try. Probably will not mix it with tonic.

I didn't know there was such a thing as expensive gin. It was Tanqueray. Vodka is for Martinis. Gin is for tonic. I have some Hendricks gin that I have been waiting to try. Probably will not mix it with tonic.
    Tanqueray is O.K. Surprised you'd screw it up with tonic water. Tonic is for stuff like Taaka, McCormick, Booth's, Burnett's, etc.

I'm reaching way back here, as I don't do that kinda stuff now. Remember, tho, going to this party with my co-workers at Cape Canaveral long ago; I took a fifth (750 ml. now) of Tanqueray and drank the whole bottle. It was not a swimming party, but there was a pool. This loud mouth Cornell grad (nobody could stand him) came up to me yapping about something. So, I pushed him (he was fully clothed, wallet and all) into the pool. He came out wanting to fight, so I pushed him in again. Ended up spending the night on the host's couch; have been very wary of gin ever since. Sneaky stuff.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

I've always heard, "Gin will make you sin!"
    So I try to keep a bottle at the house for the wife.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Tastes like juniper berries to me.

Still have not found the Palo Santo Marron, yet. Checked two places that carry Dogfish Head. We only have one more place in town that might have it. Talked to one of the owners at one of the places and he wasn't sure whether they would get it, but he said he would look into it.

This is becoming a "holy grail" of beer quests for me. I've got to travel to Marshal TX? Somehow I don't see that be successful. I like Spaten Optimator, but like Guiss the Dogfish Head brews have become a favorite because of their variety. If you are looking for something that is not your usual beer I suggest you give them a try.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    This is becoming a "holy grail" of beer quests for me. I've got to travel to Marshal TX? Somehow I don't see that be successful. I like Spaten Optimator, but like Guiss the Dogfish Head brews have become a favorite because of their variety. If you are looking for something that is not your usual beer I suggest you give them a try.
    watch for the killer rabbit around waskom.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi View Post
    watch for the killer rabbit around waskom.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

Run Away!! Run Away!! lol.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Found the Palo Santo Marron from an online store that ships Gonzo. I believe it is similar to the apricot in that it only comes in four packs but I could be wrong. Call me and we'll arrange a trip out to the "unadrunkers" supply house. Ross

Here's the link http://www.arcticliquor.com/dogfish-...wery-m-28.html
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

Gin and Tonic is one of my favorites. Bombay Saphire with a splash of tonic and a lime.............best summer drink ever. Big fan of Vodka Tonic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Found the Palo Santo Marron from an online store that ships Gonzo. I believe it is similar to the apricot in that it only comes in four packs but I could be wrong. Call me and we'll arrange a trip out to the "unadrunkers" supply house. Ross

Here's the link http://www.arcticliquor.com/dogfish-...wery-m-28.html
    Market, you are the man. A four pack is all I need. Yes I need to see the Unadrunker soon. My fridge will be delivered soon so I have a place to store the kegs. Brew time is imminent.

This weekend I had the opportunity to try the Dogfish Head 90 on draft. I had only had it from the bottle previously, and have always considered it one of my favorite beers since the first time I tried it. My review of the draft: INCREDIBLE! That has to be the most perfect beer for my palate. Also tried the Liberty Ale on draft. I like Liberty Ale just as much as the next fellow, but it does not hold a candle to the DH90. I should have had the Liberty Ale first so that I could have tasted it over the residual hoppiness left over from drinking the DH90.

+ Reply to Thread