+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Request for fellow beer snobs..

Champ techblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to behold

Re: Request for fellow beer snobs..

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Local 1 is the better brew. San Antonio and South Texas was out (even at the distributer) for quite some time. It is back in stock now and I have 6 bottles in the pantry. My neighbor who has spent a lot of time in Germany says it is the best beer/ale he has had since Germany.
    I tried the Local 1 first. I was impressed. It has a well balanced taste, not too bitter or hoppy, with a crisp, mild-citrus and floral hops flavor. It is very tasty and would be great on summer evening.

I couldn't get to the Local 2 because of a Christmas party, but I will report back with my thoughts on it.

Also for anyone in DFW, you have to try Hall's Grocery in Colleyville. It's on the corner of Glade Rd and 121. It has one of the best selections of beer that I have seen around here.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techblue4 View Post
    I tried the Local 1 first. I was impressed. It has a well balanced taste, not too bitter or hoppy, with a crisp, mild-citrus and floral hops flavor. It is very tasty and would be great on summer evening.

I couldn't get to the Local 2 because of a Christmas party, but I will report back with my thoughts on it.

Also for anyone in DFW, you have to try Hall's Grocery in Colleyville. It's on the corner of Glade Rd and 121. It has one of the best selections of beer that I have seen around here.
    We had a Christmas dinner last night for the neighborhood. Three of us killed 4 bottles of No 1 and one bottle of Omer. We were doing quite well at the end of the evening!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ techblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to behold

We had a Christmas dinner last night for the neighborhood. Three of us killed 4 bottles of No 1 and one bottle of Omer. We were doing quite well at the end of the evening!
    I bet so. Sounds like that was a good Christmas party. What is Omer? I don't think I've tried that.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

101600902-OMER-beer.jpg

We killed one of those large bottles, not the individuals.

Omer
    Rating: 9.24
    OMER. traditional blond is made of excellent summer malted barley from the Loire region (France) and pure water. During the brewing process sugars are liberated that will serve later to nourish the yeast. During the cooking process 3 varieties of hops from Germany, Slovenia and the Czech Republic are added to give the beer the specific aroma and bitterness.
    Brewery: Brouwerij Bockor
    Alcohol: 8.00 %
    Served: 6-8 °C
    Type: Ale, Blond, Artizanal
    Accessory: Omer 33cl
    Awards:
    World Beer Cup (2010)
    WWDog
    La Tech

Attachment 8487

We killed one of those large bottles, not the individuals.

Omer
    Rating: 9.24
    OMER. traditional blond is made of excellent summer malted barley from the Loire region (France) and pure water. During the brewing process sugars are liberated that will serve later to nourish the yeast. During the cooking process 3 varieties of hops from Germany, Slovenia and the Czech Republic are added to give the beer the specific aroma and bitterness.
    Brewery: Brouwerij Bockor
    Alcohol: 8.00 %
    Served: 6-8 °C
    Type: Ale, Blond, Artizanal
    Accessory: Omer 33cl
    Awards:
    World Beer Cup (2010)
    I will have to look for that next time I go to the store. Have you tried any of the three Ovila's from Sierra Nevada? I had the Abbey Dubbel a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty good. I may have to try the other two. They have a Quad and a Saison.

ovila-thumb-400x300-44378.jpg
    Last edited by techblue4; 12-13-2011 at 10:12 AM. Reason: added attachment

I havn't tried any of the Dubbels.
    WWDog
    La Tech

Varsity Bulldog bdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud of bdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    Fat Tire is awesome. I actually haven't had a New Belgium beer I don't like. Now if they'd just distribute to Louisiana instead of making me drive to El Dorado or Strong, I'd be set.
    I normally pick up Fat Tire in Texas. But I am going to be in El Dorado this week. Where is the best place to stop and pick some up?

Thanks!

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Just found Saint Arnold Lawnmower and Weedwhacker in Monroe. TigerMart at the corner of forsythe and 18th.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

BAM!!!! Thanks!!

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    Just found Saint Arnold Lawnmower and Weedwhacker in Monroe. TigerMart at the corner of forsythe and 18th.
    They have to be bootlegging it (which I'm all for). I don't believe that they have a permit in La.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    They have to be bootlegging it (which I'm all for). I don't believe that they have a permit in La.
    Well Big Enus, me and Cletus would be happy to run over and pick up a load for ya, I think we could do the round trip in an 2 hours, or course well need a speedy car....

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    I'm 99.9% sure you're right.

I'm ok with it. That was some damn good beer. Really clean taste.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

will be doing a beer tour Friday in San Diego (Stone is one of the breweries)
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Russian River Pliny the Elder is as good as advertised.

For fans of Fat Tire or any other New Belguim products, I present to you:

main_dig476.png

THIS.

I got to know this beer pretty well in St. Louis over the past few days. If you're not a fan of citrusy beers, I don't recommend. However, seeing as I am, this may be the best spring seasonal I've ever had. Really solid APA. Mild bitterness, not extremely hoppy but noticeable, good citrus notes as mentioned above, and a really clean finish (TWSS). If you can find it, give it a shot. I'm considering driving to Dallas just to stock up.

BTW, I only had draft. Not sure about bottle quality, but I'm sure that just like other NB products, it's just as good.

+ Reply to Thread