+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Request for fellow beer snobs..

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Re: Request for fellow beer snobs..

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    This weekend I had the opportunity to try the Dogfish Head 90 on draft. I had only had it from the bottle previously, and have always considered it one of my favorite beers since the first time I tried it. My review of the draft: INCREDIBLE! That has to be the most perfect beer for my palate. Also tried the Liberty Ale on draft. I like Liberty Ale just as much as the next fellow, but it does not hold a candle to the DH90. I should have had the Liberty Ale first so that I could have tasted it over the residual hoppiness left over from drinking the DH90.
    Can you describe the taste of the DH90? What do you prefer in a beer as far as taste what are you looking for?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Can you describe the taste of the DH90? What do you prefer in a beer as far as taste what are you looking for?
    Everything about it is huge. It is like what Napa Valley is like for Cabs. Big and bold.

Smell - all you can smell is yummy hops.
    Appearance - deep copper.
    Taste - hops, fruit, and caramel.

The hops in this beer are a good mix of citrus, floral, and pine.

The draft was just much smoother and flavorful (if you can imagine achieving that seemingly contradictory balance) than out of the bottle.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Everything about it is huge. It is like what Napa Valley is like for Cabs. Big and bold.

The draft was just much smoother and flavorful (if you can imagine achieving that seemingly contradictory balance) than out of the bottle.
    I didn't answer your second question. I THINK I can appreciate a good beer of ANY style. I am probably wrong. On most occassions I prefer IPAs. My most preferred beer has a solid sweet malt backbone with almost overpowering spicy hops.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

I'll have to try the DF90 to see what you mean by "overpowering spicy hops". The Dogfish Head IPA was a bit too much on the hops or did not have the correct hops for my likeing. I don't care for a brew that finishes too bitter. I don't mind a good bite from hops I just don't want that bitterness to be the last thing I taste. I prefer a good stout, english pale ale, but I'm trying to branch out and try some other flavors. Believe me it's not an easy thing in S'pot/Bossier.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I tried the dogfish head Raison D'etre, thought it was pretty good. I would definitely like to try another dogfish head. I think the 90 will be my next try.

I'll have to try the DF90 to see what you mean by "overpowering spicy hops". The Dogfish Head IPA was a bit too much on the hops or did not have the correct hops for my likeing. I don't care for a brew that finishes too bitter. I don't mind a good bite from hops I just don't want that bitterness to be the last thing I taste. I prefer a good stout, english pale ale, but I'm trying to branch out and try some other flavors. Believe me it's not an easy thing in S'pot/Bossier.
    I assume you mean the 60 minute IPA? The 120 minute is WAY TOO over the top. The 60 minute is only a little better than the Sweetwater 420 to me.

Sorry Guiss, it was Flying Dog IPA that I was talking about.

If you remind me before the MS game, I will try to bring some DH90 with me for the tailgate.

If you remind me before the MS game, I will try to bring some DH90 with me for the tailgate.
    Great, Just talked to BC Riverrat yesterday and we have a block of 26 tickets in OO. Looking forward to a great tailgate so bring it on.

Great, Just talked to BC Riverrat yesterday and we have a block of 26 tickets in OO. Looking forward to a great tailgate so bring it on.
    I think we have a block of 6 or 8 in OO. Randerizer should know. I think it is 8.

FYI - I have created a social group for beer afficianados.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

DH90 is a great beer. It sucks that we cant get it here. Russian River is beginning to bottle Pliny the Elder, which is an awesome beer (#9 overall at beeradvocate.com), but I doubt that'll make it to Louisiana either.

I'm very happy that somehow a local distributor got a hold of Troegs, though. Troegs is a great brewery in PA, which claims it only sends its beers within 5 hours of the brewery. So I dont know how we have it down here. But the Dreamweaver Wheat is a spicy, hoppy wheat- much better than Blue Moon or Abita Wheat. And their Hopback Amber is a super hoppy Amber... Also, their Nugget Nectar is pretty close to the DH90.

As much as I wish we had Dogfish Head here, I'm glad we at least have Troegs. (Which you can get at either Martin Wine Cellar, or Stein's Deli... maybe Acquistapces in Covington too).

Oh, also, I've been seeing a LOT of the Bear Republic bombers. Pick some up, they are great. I was at their brewpub, and I can say their beers are delicious. The stout is like a smoky stout, instead of the chocolate or coffee stouts that make up the majority.
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Found and tried the Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron in Atlanta! Color is between black and caramel brown. You definitely can taste the wood from the fermentation vessels. Comeon guys, join the newly created beer club social group!

Found and tried the Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron in Atlanta! Color is between black and caramel brown. You definitely can taste the wood from the fermentation vessels. Comeon guys, join the newly created beer club social group!

Where is it Guiss?

Where is the group located Guiss?

+ Reply to Thread