+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: jamboree on Aug 30th

Varsity Bulldog larhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of light

jamboree on Aug 30th

Does anyone know if the jamboree for this date will be changed. This will be a serious problem for attendance for Miss ST. Teams involved will be WM, Neville, Ruston, and many more North La. teams. All support groups will have to attend. This will take place AT ulm .

Varsity Bulldog rtr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her game rtr002's Avatar

Re: jamboree on Aug 30th

I highly doubt that they will change the date for the Jamboree, but it starts at noon so one could attend both games if they wanted to do that. At least two of the games will be over before the start of the Tech/Miss St. game.
    How bout them Dawgs!

Varsity Bulldog larhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of light

thanks for the info.

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Sad state of affairs, when we have to worry about "competing" with a Jamboree for attendance.

One day we'll be beyond that stuff. One day, the Jamboree folks will be worried about competing with us for attendance.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by larhob View Post
    Does anyone know if the jamboree for this date will be changed. This will be a serious problem for attendance for Miss ST. Teams involved will be WM, Neville, Ruston, and many more North La. teams. All support groups will have to attend. This will take place AT ulm .

The HS coaches refused to play on Sunday and St. Francis couldnt get enough help with volunteers on friday so for certain on Aug 30. I spent alot of time trying to convince all parties involved to change it, alas nothing.

BTW West Monroe, Ruston, Neville, and Ouachita are the evening games..I think starting at 5.

This will definitely hurt big time. These fans will not make the game.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

We should have pushed harder for a Friday night game then. We should have planned better. I put this on us.

Teams / schools from all over the country move game(s) all the time because of events.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    We should have pushed harder for a Friday night game then. We should have planned better. I put this on us.

Teams / schools from all over the country move game(s) all the time because of events.
    You can't please everyone. If you move it to Friday, then it'll be hard on out of towners. Also that'll be the week when students arrive to move in.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post

The Bayou jamb kept this in limbo till about 3 weeks ago...I'll give Tech a break on this.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    The HS coaches refused to play on Sunday and St. Francis couldnt get enough help with volunteers on friday so for certain on Aug 30. I spent alot of time trying to convince all parties involved to change it, alas nothing.

BTW West Monroe, Ruston, Neville, and Ouachita are the evening games..I think starting at 5.
    Mayby WM, R, N and O would have played the early jam game so the players and staff could see a Tech vs. SEC game.

Anyway, the fans we're looking for are those who are not parents of a player, dance line, band parent or pep squad member.(Unfortunately, At WM and Ruston, that's a significant number of folks!).

I will say this, I suggested months ago that we start marketing the Aug. 30 game ASAP and Tech has responded by doing so. I do not ever remember hearing about season tickets in April with headline games featured.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

The Bayou jamb kept this in limbo till about 3 weeks ago...I'll give Tech a break on this.
    10-4 didn't know that. maybe I will too :icon_wink:

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I'd say this is not on Tech at all. If a college schedules on Friday it is the end of the world - if college coaches can stay off Fridays, then High Schools should stay off Saturdays (Thursdays are up for grabs:icon_wink.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Question, what is a jamboree? Is it another name for scrimmage?

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Question, what is a jamboree? Is it another name for scrimmage?
    Yes, except it's a bunch of little scrimmages.
    The games are meaningless on the season.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

If St. Francis having enough volunteers is the only problem with a Friday jamboree, I am sure there are quite a few Tech folks who will volunteer in their place if it would get this damn jamboree moved. I can see NO real reason a Friday jamboree wouldn't work.

They need to think about it and be sold on it from their perspective as well....their jamboree will have more attendance if it does not compete with Tech vs. MSU.

+ Reply to Thread