+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: jamboree on Aug 30th

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: jamboree on Aug 30th

Quote Originally Posted by larhob View Post
    Mad, this is gonna hurt more than folks think. About half of our tailgating group will probably be out. I will be there, but my family won't. They better go after another group of fans, maybe in northwest, la.
    Yep, Dawpix called it just after the Miss. State game date announcement came. Really sad, but just shows how screwed up this area is when it comes to trying to pull off a big event.

I was really hoping that Ruston would pull out of the Jam. We'll lose a lot more regular Tech attendees from Ruston than from WM, but still... this is just typical NE La. BS.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Yep, Dawpix called it just after the Miss. State game date announcement came.
    Oh, you mean I'm not an idiot as described by one of our local helpers at the radio station????? Let's just hope Tech continues to market the hell out of our event.

I'm really thinking now we must arrange for a concert by Trace, Brooks and Dunn or both to add some more juice to the Ruston event. Now that's something the Davison family and other Ruston locals can pull off for the Tech community (don't you love the way I want to spend James's money? At least I'd do it respectfully:icon_wink

Hey, DFM, I heard Asleep at the Wheel is the headliner at Peachfest this summer.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Let's see. It's Jamboree and the dorms don't open until the next day. What else can we do to make sure our stadium is full of Ms State fans? Let's all think hard.

So true. These "keystone cop" issues remind me of the old saying "he couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the directions we written on the bottom of the heel".

HD

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I'm really thinking now we must arrange for a concert by Trace, Brooks and Dunn or both to add some more juice to the Ruston event. Now that's something the Davison family and other Ruston locals can pull off for the Tech community (don't you love the way I want to spend James's money? At least I'd do it respectfully:icon_wink.
    How about a pregame Brooks & Dunn Tailgate party concert? Tech could build a temporary stage in the parking lot...or on the hill between the TAC and the west side of JAS. The concert could be a 1-hour deal lasting from about 4 pm to 5 pm. Then everybody would break up and pack the stadium for a 6 pm kickoff. :icon_wink:

If Kix Brooks would agree to it, I don't know why we wouldn't do this.

HD

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I'm really thinking now we must arrange for a concert by Trace, Brooks and Dunn or both to add some more juice to the Ruston event. Now that's something the Davison family and other Ruston locals can pull off for the Tech community (don't you love the way I want to spend James's money? At least I'd do it respectfully:icon_wink
    I suggested this a good three years ago when Jimmy Hand took the wheel over there. Nada. Nothing. I've suggested this to at least 3 or 4 folks over there. Nada. Nothing.

I suggested it as a fund raising concert in JAS, I've suggested it as a half time event. I've suggested it as an after game event with fireworks. Nada. Nothing.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

So true. These "keystone cop" issues remind me of the old saying "he couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the directions we written on the bottom of the heel".

HD
    My thoughts exactly.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Has Dooley personally called the RHS coaches or the other coaches and spoken with them about this? No offense to our resident media personalities, but surely a few calls from out HC/AD would go a long way towards changing their minds.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    You will see your kid play many games this year. Tell them to suck it up.
    i don't care if my kid is playing tiddlywinks -- i won't be abandoning him to go see a Tech game. as much as i love Tech, my kids come first, and i'm sure most people feel the same way. but why in the world would you go to a high school jamboree unless 1) you have a kid playing, or 2) there is nothing else to do? and we all know #2 doesn't apply.

parents of high school football players are only a very small demographic. there are plenty more people to pull from to fill the stadium with Tech fans.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Any chance of changing times so each could be attended?
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Any chance of changing times so each could be attended?
    You mean time change for the jamboree...because I do like the time/date for our game Aug 30th @ 6pm, gonna be some rowdy fans out there. This is a special event and to start the game earlier would shorten the overall gameday experience.

HS jamboree needs to be played on a Friday, period. Also, dorm check-ins needs to be opened on Friday noon thru Saturday afternoon (allowing students to be able to attend the friday night pep rally and sat tailgating/game).

I would be very disappointed if we decide to change our game time. ESPN prob have it scheduled already for 6, so I highly doubt anything will happen on our end.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i don't care if my kid is playing tiddlywinks -- i won't be abandoning him to go see a Tech game. as much as i love Tech, my kids come first, and i'm sure most people feel the same way. but why in the world would you go to a high school jamboree unless 1) you have a kid playing, or 2) there is nothing else to do? and we all know #2 doesn't apply.

parents of high school football players are only a very small demographic. there are plenty more people to pull from to fill the stadium with Tech fans.
    I figure all we (Tech) will be missing out on is the parents/kids who are in one of these games and who are also Tech fans. Anyone who just happens to be a fan of both Tech and one of these schools should obviously go to the bigger event - and we are talking about a HUGE game for Tech vs. a scrimmage. It really sucks for those parents, but the blame here goes on the organizers of the jamboree. They screwed up.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

If your kids would rather play tiddlywinks then go to a Tech football game, then you are a bad dad. :icon_wink:
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    If your kids would rather play tiddlywinks then go to a Tech football game, then you are a bad dad. :icon_wink:
    no doubt.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

no doubt.
    From what I saw at the NMSU game, you're in good shape (well, as far as kids liking Tech you are ok, I don't know what to tell you about the eels in your hovercraft).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_ve37gVwxw

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    From what I saw at the NMSU game, you're in good shape (well, as far as kids liking Tech you are ok, I don't know what to tell you about the eels in your hovercraft).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_ve37gVwxw
    i'm glad someone finally took the time to translate.

+ Reply to Thread