+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Message from an lswho fan...

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Re: Message from an lswho fan...

Ignore the douche bag.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    LSU's day is coming. Like I always say, The sun don't shine up the same dog's ass everyday." Same goes for Tigers. I predicted losing seasons ahead. They've all forgotten how they sucked in the '80's and 90's and how empty their stadium was. They are going to remember soon. WorthLes will take care of that.
    While I agree with most of this the stadium was never empty.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg18 View Post
    Now I don't hate LSU at all. My grandpa graduated from there and I don't like to hate on them, I'm just not a fan. I just get mad when Tech students talk bad about Tech. If you love LSU so much, go there. And when you ask them that, they have nothing to say. I hate LSU bandwagon fans.
    Some things NEVER change, I guess. When I was @ Tech ( in the late 70's - yeah, I'm OLD!! ) I always wondered about the Arkansas & Texas fans who wore those colors instead of ours. I would ask them the same thing - "If U love that school so much, why did ya come to Tech?" MOST of them would tell me that it was just from an athletic point of view & not academic. They felt like they could get a better education at Tech & it was worth the extra out-of-state fees they had to pay!! I gotta admit that there's some pride to be taken there but that was before DR decided that we should focus on nano & bio engineering almost exclusively.

AG - that was a GREAT & classy reply U made on faceBook to THAT "douche bag"!!!
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 05-26-2008 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Add comment

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    While I agree with most of this the stadium was never empty.
    You're interpreting empty too strictly. It was empty. When you can seat 60k and barely draw 30k, that's "empty". That's the reason Tigervision was done away with for years. People would go tailgate, then go home to watch the games. I guess most of them don't like enduring that cesspool of a stadium either if they are not winning. For the record, Tech has never had an empty stadium either, but it's always been said we have.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    You're interpreting empty too strictly. It was empty. When you can seat 60k and barely draw 30k, that's "empty". That's the reason Tigervision was done away with for years. People would go tailgate, then go home to watch the games. I guess most of them don't like enduring that cesspool of a stadium either if they are not winning. For the record, Tech has never had an empty stadium either, but it's always been said we have.
    Exactly.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Dirty in my youth I was there during the Hallman eras where there were 70,000 plus and the team was horrible. Like I said I agree with Dawgmatic, there are ALOT of bandwagon fans just not an empty stadium....but now that I think about it it was about 3/4 fulls 2 or 3 times and about 1/2 full once or twice. I also agree that they are some loses ahead just not like the days we are talking about...They have enough talent to coast to atleast the 7-8 wins for the next 5 years but not winning like they have.

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Dirty in my youth I was there during the Hallman eras where there were 70,000 plus and the team was horrible. Like I said I agree with Dawgmatic, there are ALOT of bandwagon fans just not an empty stadium....but now that I think about it it was about 3/4 fulls 2 or 3 times and about 1/2 full once or twice. I also agree that they are some loses ahead just not like the days we are talking about...They have enough talent to coast to atleast the 7-8 wins for the next 5 years but not winning like they have.
    In the early and mid 90's, the only lsu license plates you saw read "lsu baseball".

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

No beef with LSU fans that attend / graduate from Tech, to an extent. Few important exceptions:

- If they give to TAF / LSU, while contributing nothing to Tech. Huge issue with this. Piss on these folks.

- If they cheer for LSU over Tech any time they play heads up.

Way I see it, if you go to Tech, cheer for Tech first and foremost, and actually attend athletic events, I could give two shits whether or not you also pull for the Tigers. There are too many fans doing nothing to bitch at the ones who at least show up. Hell, even I've been known to pull for those guys in certain situations, in particular last year's title game against my least favorite team in the grand landscape of organized sport. I've had a ton of friends over the years play for those guys and I enjoyed watching them succeed. No real vested interest either way now that they've all graduated, though.

Getting on the dude because of his hat in class is pretty weak, IMO. His facebook response was douchey as shit in both content and medium of delivery, but the guy has the right to wear whatever he wants to that class -- he paid for it. Just my opinion. I recognize its in the minority on the BBB.

Reminds me of this complete stranger at Rabb's one night who walked up and put out a fraternity brother's cigarette one night, because "that shit'll kill ya."

That dude got his ass kicked.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    So there was this guy in my CIS 110 class this past winter quarter who decided to wear an lsu hat to class one day. I kindly informed him that it was the wrong apparel to wear on the campus of Louisiana Tech University. He intelligentl responded with, "WOW, WHAT A DOUCHE-BAG!", in a very loud manner. Seeing as he was unable to handle intelligent conversation, I dropped the matter.

We had a second altercation at Wal-Mart yesterday. He walked by, decked out in lsu garb, so I promptly let him know that lsu blows dogs for quarters. He again responded with, "WOW WHAT A DOUCHE-BAG!" in a very loud manner.

Just today, which is 5-6 months later, I received a message from him via facebook stating, "I'm just glad to see the Tech Bulldogs have a gorilla mascot. Now that's school pride."

Well, this is what I sent him in return:

I am not, nor will I ever claim to be a mascot.

What I do is out of appreciation and respect for my fellow classmates that happen to represent my Alma Mater in athletics. But, seeing as how you don't have that same appreciation or respect for them, I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

I know. "It's a free country. I can wear what I want, support who I want, and blah blah blah blah blah...". This much is true. But, just like any other decision you make, your decision on who you support and what you wear comes with consequences. So...if you decide to support a school you don't attend, and then decide to flaunt that ignorance by disrespecting the athletes that work so hard to represent the school you DO attend, don't be surprised if somebody calls you out on it.

So, you can get pissed off about getting called out (you wouldn't insist on calling me a douche-bag if you weren't irritated about it, and come to think of it, it's a shame you can't come up with something more creative), or you can get over it, move on, be a man, and hold yourself back from facebook stalking somebody that has no interest in carrying on any sort of conversation with someone as thick-headed, ignorant, and disrespectful toward their Alma Mater as yourself.

Good day, sir.
    Great response, but considering all he could come up with when confronted twice was "WOW WHAT A DOUCHE-BAG!" shows he's probably not mentally able to understand your big words. He's probably at Tech because he probably knows someone in admissions...

Living up here in StL, I don't see that many Tech people, but I do see many LSU supporters. I don't know if they are all grads, but they do wear the hats, shirts, decals, etc. I noticed a license plate that read LSU FAN at Lowes one Saturday and as I was about to get out of my truck, the owner was walking up and noticed my Tech hat. He said he didn't know there were any Tech people up here, and invited me to a LSU Alumni gathering because I would feel more at home. The guy actually assumed that I was a LSU fan. I declined, and told him that I didn't go there. He had a look of confusion as I walked away.

When I go back to Ruston, it really pisses me off the number of people I see wearing LSU crap, sporting LSU crap on their cars, and the LSU crap being sold in Ruston. For three years now, I have tried to buy Tech stuff when we go back, and all I ever find from the places that are open is LSU crap. Makes me sick, but when that’s all that is offered, the people who don’t care about anything, nor have pride in their community, will wear it…

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Saw a lot of purple and gold at Disney this past weekend. It is really not the most attractive color combination. I sported my reflex blue which looked much better.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post

Getting on the dude because of his hat in class is pretty weak, IMO. His facebook response was douchey as shit in both content and medium of delivery, but the guy has the right to wear whatever he wants to that class -- he paid for it. Just my opinion. I recognize its in the minority on the BBB.
    That was part of my point in my response. While he does have the right to choose, his choices come with consequences, and he should not be surprised when disrespect spurs negative consequences.

Puppy Prjct86Man has turned a few heads around herePrjct86Man has turned a few heads around herePrjct86Man has turned a few heads around herePrjct86Man has turned a few heads around here

i really can't stand LSU in any way, shape, or form. thats it.

Bulldog am4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around here am4titansandlsu's Avatar

blah blah blah....it's like this in every state Techsters. Ohio State has hundreds of thousands of fans that never went to school there. The same can be said with Bama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Nebraska, Georgia, Penn State, Michigan, Arkansas, and etc. It happens with all the big schools. Whether you like it or not, LSU is Louisiana's team and at least 9/10 people in the state are LSu fans. LSu games are more fun to go to than tech games and why cheer for an arena football team when you can cheer for a super bowl winning NFL team. Its the way life is, we have 10000000x more fans and national interest than Tech does. Get over it...

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by am4titansandlsu View Post
    blah blah blah....it's like this in every state Techsters. Ohio State has hundreds of thousands of fans that never went to school there. The same can be said with Bama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Nebraska, Georgia, Penn State, Michigan, Arkansas, and etc. It happens with all the big schools. Whether you like it or not, LSU is Louisiana's team and at least 9/10 people in the state are LSu fans. LSu games are more fun to go to than tech games and why cheer for an arena football team when you can cheer for a super bowl winning NFL team. Its the way life is, we have 10000000x more fans and national interest than Tech does. Get over it...
    Eh. You're in high school.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by am4titansandlsu View Post
    You are right. Some people are born leaders and some people are born followers. And there are very few leaders compared to the number of followers. Your future doesn't appear to be in a leadership role. Vocational schools are a wonderful way to learn a trade and you would be surounded with people of your own kind.

+ Reply to Thread