+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Al Gore Compares Global Warming Fight to World War II Fascism

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Al Gore Compares Global Warming Fight to World War II Fascism

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,356556,00.html

Gore continues to show that he is a true idiot. WWII facism? Come on, that is a bit extreme.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Re: Al Gore Compares Global Warming Fight to World War II Fascism

The only thing from the article I do agree with is the need for alternative fuel. Gore can help his argument by integrating the argument to becoming energy independent from Saudi Arabia and could be a good cabinet member for either administration driving that. I am not sure everyone is sold on global warming but we are sold on alternative energy options. If that gives him motivation to get O&G companies or government funding to drive this as a mandate and solved quickly he would be successful whether he pitches afterward the success being global warming or energy independence.

Carnegie Mellon had provided "great leadership in confronting what I regard as the most serious crisis our civilization has ever confronted," partly by becoming a major buyer of retail wind power, he said.

Alternative energy sources such as the sun and wind can replace fossil fuels, Gore said, but "we need one ingredient that you represent. We need political will; we need your dedication; we need your hearts."

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

If all of you will just switch to alternative fuels, it would make gas cheaper and more plentiful for me!
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I didn't see anything in that article that showed Gore comparing global warming to fascism. What a terrible job of selecting a headline by foxnews.com.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I didn't see anything in that article that showed Gore comparing global warming to fascism. What a terrible job of selecting a headline by foxnews.com.
    In a commencement address before a record crowd of about 10,000 people, the Nobel laureate said there had already been two "special generations" of Americans: the one that founded the country and the one that defeated fascism during World War II.

"You, I hope and expect, will be called upon to be part of the third hero generation in American history," by countering the threat of Global Warming" he said.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    In a commencement address before a record crowd of about 10,000 people, the Nobel laureate said there had already been two "special generations" of Americans: the one that founded the country and the one that defeated fascism during World War II.

"You, I hope and expect, will be called upon to be part of the third hero generation in American history," by countering the threat of Global Warming" he said.
    I think it's a stretch to say that he was comparing gw to fascism in those statements. But that's just my opinion. I've never been a Gore supporter anyway, so it doesn't matter to me.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Today, at the National Press Club luncheon, a petition with more than 31,000 scientists names ascribed will be unveiled. More than 10,000 are PhDs. All dispute the global warming myth that is making ALGORE rich. I wonder if the media will pick it up?
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I think it's a stretch to say that he was comparing gw to fascism in those statements. But that's just my opinion. I've never been a Gore supporter anyway, so it doesn't matter to me.
    I think he is definitely drawing a correlation between the two. Maybe not in the way some are taking it but he is equating the two in their difficulty to get rid of, and in their ability to cause harm. The difference in my opinion being that fascism and it's attempted spread was tangible.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    Today, at the National Press Club luncheon, a petition with more than 31,000 scientists names ascribed will be unveiled. More than 10,000 are PhDs. All dispute the global warming myth that is making ALGORE rich. I wonder if the media will pick it up?
    Why the media wont pick it up:
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...mesg_id=149209

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Petition

Basically, none of the signees were verified, and some, when contacted, never even remember getting a petition in the first place. Also, there are duplicate names, fake names, and corporations. And the report itself the petition was sent with is flawed and uses cherry-picked data.

I'm guessing the media knows better than to put too much stock in a petition signed by the esteemed climatologist Michael J. Fox?
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    Why the media wont pick it up:
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...mesg_id=149209

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Petition

Basically, none of the signees were verified, and some, when contacted, never even remember getting a petition in the first place. Also, there are duplicate names, fake names, and corporations. And the report itself the petition was sent with is flawed and uses cherry-picked data.

I'm guessing the media knows better than to put too much stock in a petition signed by the esteemed climatologist Michael J. Fox?
    Idiots like you belong under a rock...no concrete. The sources you cite are not sources...they're blogs at best.

It's funny how DR. WILLIAM GRAY is the Oracle of Hurricane Knowledge until he signs this petition; now, he's a crackpot with no legitimacy. Liberal lemmings slay me with their stupidity and hipocracy.
    Last edited by CARTEK; 05-20-2008 at 12:38 PM.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

All I'm saying is a petition that claims to have signatures of credible scientists who dont believe in Global Warming/Climate Change/whatever, and has Michael J Fox, and a Spice Girl (PhD) on it (among plenty of other unverified names), may not be the most credible petition.
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    All I'm saying is a petition that claims to have signatures of credible scientists who dont believe in Global Warming/Climate Change/whatever, and has Michael J Fox, and a Spice Girl (PhD) on it (among plenty of other unverified names), may not be the most credible petition.

DB2 those may be exceptions but are there not names of credible scientist on the petition? You've named the ones that you say are not, are there any that are?

Yeah, there probably are.

+ Reply to Thread