+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Student Seats Mississippi State

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: Student Seats Mississippi State

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    That's a question for athletics. The academic calendar is set 2+ years in advance.
    There's no reason to set the move-in date for dorms until we know the date of the first home game.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

That's a question for athletics. The academic calendar is set 2+ years in advance.
    AG here's a question. Are "Athletics" and "Academics" not capable of communicating with each other? The football schedule came out in...January? February? It matters not to me if the Academic Calendar was carved in stone a millenium ago...once the Football schedule comes out then the Academic calendar should be adjusted accordingly. Football really doesn't have a whole lot of options as to when their calendar starts and when it ends...thats up the NCAA and the WAC. Academics should be able to adjust and not 3 weeks before the school year starts.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    There's no reason to set the move-in date for dorms until we know the date of the first home game.
    i don't have a problem with them setting the move-in date ahead of time, but i don't see why they don't make adjustments AS SOON AS the schedule is released.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    AG here's a question. Are "Athletics" and "Academics" not capable of communicating with each other? The football schedule came out in...January? February? It matters not to me if the Academic Calendar was carved in stone a millenium ago...once the Football schedule comes out then the Academic calendar should be adjusted accordingly. Football really doesn't have a whole lot of options as to when their calendar starts and when it ends...thats up the NCAA and the WAC. Academics should be able to adjust and not 3 weeks before the school year starts.
    They are most certainly capable of it. The problem lies within the different departments of the university not doing so. From my experience, athletics gets very little cooperation from the rest of the school. But that's just from my experience.

But yes, the problem should have been solved once the football schedule was set.

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Got my 2 season tickets today! In OO w/ qng001's/bad_man's group.
    Where's my name, asshole...?

Shit...

And really, are you kidding me? Get the damn college kids up to the game. I'm only 27 right now, but I feel old......and when I'm dead, there will still be college kids going to Tech games. Get a good game-day.........Get beer....get sausage....get burgers...get MUSIC ( I mean loud shit).....and for some of us (yes, me), get whisky involved.

The point is....the kids who are at Tech will make the atmosphere. Donors get shit done, but the students make stuff work. We have to get these people involved. Otherwise, it will just be the same old shit of us bitching and nothing changing.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Got my 2 season tickets today! In OO w/ qng001's/bad_man's group.
    I ordered my first season ticket ever, section OO row 29, seat 21.
    Welcome to the pound boys. Do you guys want some T-shirts??

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Welcome to the pound boys. Do you guys want some T-shirts??

No offense but we'll be there for the Miss. State game but will probably move back down to the lower level when it goes back to no assigned seating for the rest of the season.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I ordered my first season ticket ever, section OO row 29, seat 21
    You're just two/three rows above us. I think we have some on row 26 and 27.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

No offense but we'll be there for the Miss. State game but will probably move back down to the lower level when it goes back to no assigned seating for the rest of the season.
    Well then we have 1 game to show you guys a good time and then join Da Pound.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

They are most certainly capable of it. The problem lies within the different departments of the university not doing so. From my experience, athletics gets very little cooperation from the rest of the school. But that's just from my experience.

But yes, the problem should have been solved once the football schedule was set.
    And that is the problem in a nutshell. That hits the nail on the head. When the truth of the matter is if Athletics is successful and has cooperation from the rest of the school - then the rest of the school grows and benefits ten fold. They've got it completely bass-ackwards over there and have forever apparently or for the last 20 years anyway.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    And that is the problem in a nutshell. That hits the nail on the head. When the truth of the matter is if Athletics is successful and has cooperation from the rest of the school - then the rest of the school grows and benefits ten fold. They've got it completely bass-ackwards over there and have forever apparently or for the last 20 years anyway.
    I wonder where they learned that mentality? It seems to me that Dr. Reneau has alot of inhouse selling to his own university departments in addition to the alumni. That could be one of the biggest impacts he has on athletics is to get the whole university behind "the plan".

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I wonder where they learned that mentality? It seems to me that Dr. Reneau has alot of inhouse selling to his own university departments in addition to the alumni. That could be one of the biggest impacts he has on athletics is to get the whole university behind "the plan".
    There is the truth if I EVER heard it spoken! Thank you for summing this up so succinctly, Dirty!

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

seems to me that Dr. Reneau has alot of inhouse selling to his own university departments in addition to the alumni.

Well he best get started.
    He's got a looooooong way to go.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Well said Dirty. I have heard from various sources who have worked at Tech or are still working there that this is nothing new...communication b/w the departments is pathetic.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Rest assured, I will talk with the appropriate figures to get this taken care of, just like last year for the UCA game.
    Bruh - I thought what you did last year (if I remember it correctly; I've slept a couple times since then...) was exemplary. Good stuff...an easy fix, win/win, with a common sense approach that you helped make happen.

That said, you shouldn't have to do it again. That is silly.

On a mildly related tangent, I read Bigdog's signature line earlier, and couldn't help but think this about that...

Real quote:

"The athletic department is a customer service business, but we had lost sight of that," Dooley said. "We serve the student-athletes, the professors, the fans, the donors, the corporate sponsors. We have to run our business where you feel a part of it."

Imaginary quote:

"The University is a customer service business, but we had lost sight of that," Reneau said. "We serve the students, the professors, the fans, the community, the State of Louisiana. We have to run our University where you feel a part of it."

+ Reply to Thread