+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Orleans goes down!

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

New Orleans goes down!

This stinks!!! Home court didn't get it done tonight. 91-82! Officiating was definitely in the San Antonio corner!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: New Orleans goes down!

Quote Originally Posted by RXDAWG View Post
    This stinks!!! Home court didn't get it done tonight. 91-82! Officiating was definitely in the San Antonio corner!
    I'm Bummed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigcry: But a great year!

FWIW, I agree 100% with your above. Plus we just couldn't buy a bucket in the 3rd.

That said, I will root for the Spurs over the Lakers.

GO HORNETS!!

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Sorry guys, maybe next year.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Not a good defensive effort by N.O. They left too many S.A. players wide open for uncontested jump shots; it gave me flashbacks of Keith Richard coached teams.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

N.O. has a very good nucleus but isn't deep enough yet. Guys like Pargo and Mo. Peterson are getting way too many minutes. And the rest of the bench is so weak they can't even get minutes. You are almost looking at a 6 man rotation on some nights. The good news is other than Peterson N.O. doesn't have any starters that need to be replaced. I think most teams would take that in a heartbeat. Get a new SG. (he doesn't have to be a stud just reliable and effective) and get a real bench and there is no reason the Hornets can't be in the WCF or even The Finals next year and contend for years to come.

Where do they stand with the salary cap??

I personally think the officating was fair. N.O. had only one more foul than S.A. and they were fouling on purpose at the end which makes that stat misleading.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Good run for the Hornets, but there goes my reason to pay attention to the NBA

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Good run for the Hornets, but there goes my reason to pay attention to the NBA
    P.J. Brown is still in it.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    P.J. Brown is still in it.
    Ok, now that N.O. is out, I hope the Celtics pull it out, but I still can't find a must watch reason. I'll check their progress on here.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Ok, now that N.O. is out, I hope the Celtics pull it out, but I still can't find a must watch reason. I'll check their progress on here.
    Come on, Celtics/pistons and Lakers/Spurs and you can't find a must reason to watch? You are obviously not a fan of the NBA. Since I am from LA I would loved to have seen NO/Lakers WC finals, but these matchups are the best in years. For the first time in a long time we have 4 teams capable of winning it all.

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    Come on, Celtics/pistons and Lakers/Spurs and you can't find a must reason to watch? You are obviously not a fan of the NBA. Since I am from LA I would loved to have seen NO/Lakers WC finals, but these matchups are the best in years. For the first time in a long time we have 4 teams capable of winning it all.
    That's great for the sport, but you pegged it, I am not a fan of the NBA. The Hornets caught my attention and I jumped on the bandwagon. I have no personal tie to any other team except a passing glance at how the Cavs are doing since part of my family is from Cleveland. Kobe, KG, Duncan and whomever from the Pistons never have gotten my into the NBA and thats not going to change for now.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Good run for the Hornets. They need to get Tyson Chandler some help for the boards, and they need one more scorer.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Sorry, fellas. Not trying to start anything here, but we're obviously watching different games as far as the officiating goes. Chris Paul gets away with murder and is every bit the flopper Ginobli ever was. There were two plays last night where Paul jumped sideways into the defender as he shot the ball. He was obviously the one initiating contact but the San Antonio player was the one called for the foul. Chandler does his fair share of shoving and elbowing, too, and Bonzi Wells can play just as "dirty" as anyone. It happens on both sides of the court, but I guess you only see it when the team you're rooting against is doing it. It was much easier for me to see New Orleans' fouls than San Antonio's, although I will admit that there were some bad calls and no-calls that went in their favor, too.

In the end, the Hornets missed a lot of open shots that they had been knocking down in games 1,2, and 5. They will be a force in years to come, but were just not ready for the huge game 7. Love 'em or hate 'em, San Antonio's experience won the game last night.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I was pulling for the Hornets and I thought the officiating was fine. It is hard to see it that way though when you have an interest in one of the teams. By nature of being a Mavs fan I hate the Spurs but I respect them. They won fair and square because they were the better team.

I thought N.O. mismanaged the shot clock, panicked and jacked up 3's too early and basically showed their youth and inexperience.

But everyone in the West better lookout because the Hornets aren't going anywhere. Barring major injuries or something strange happening they are going to be good for a long time. If they get a SG and a decent bench they might be better than good. They might be champs.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I was pulling for the Hornets and I thought the officiating was fine. It is hard to see it that way though when you have an interest in one of the teams. By nature of being a Mavs fan I hate the Spurs but I respect them. They won fair and square because they were the better team.

I thought N.O. mismanaged the shot clock, panicked and jacked up 3's too early and basically showed their youth and inexperience.

But everyone in the West better lookout because the Hornets aren't going anywhere. Barring major injuries or something strange happening they are going to be good for a long time. If they get a SG and a decent bench they might be better than good. They might be champs.

It is really hard to tell how injuries will affect a team in the future, but barring any serious injuries the Lakers will win in a walk next year and for many years to come. If you are a Laker hater then this is the year to get 'em because the next few years are scary. People forget that Bynum, the now 20 yo who avg 13 and 10 will be back next year. They also forget about Chris Mimh (sp?), the 7 footer out of UT. I know he is no star but a pretty good third center. They also have Trevor Ariza, a lock down perimeter defender, coming back. Add these to one of the youngest teams in the NBA and Kobe and they are going to be awfully good.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar

I thought the officiating was fair. The Hornets just went cold at the worst time. It stinks, but they had a great year.

What is really awesome is the way the city of New Orleans has finally taken to this team. The NBA is alive and well in Louisiana, and it proves the true rule of fan support in sports; the fans will back a winner. The future is bright for this team, and I hope New Orleans and Louisiana are on board, because they will be a joy to watch for years to come.

+ Reply to Thread