+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Orleans goes down!

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Re: New Orleans goes down!

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    [/b]
    It is really hard to tell how injuries will affect a team in the future, but barring any serious injuries the Lakers will win in a walk next year and for many years to come. If you are a Laker hater then this is the year to get 'em because the next few years are scary. People forget that Bynum, the now 20 yo who avg 13 and 10 will be back next year. They also forget about Chris Mimh (sp?), the 7 footer out of UT. I know he is no star but a pretty good third center. They also have Trevor Ariza, a lock down perimeter defender, coming back. Add these to one of the youngest teams in the NBA and Kobe and they are going to be awfully good.
    I hope you're wrong... but you may be 100% correct. I look for LA, NO, and Utah to rule the roost for the next several years. I think this may be the Spurs' last hurrah with its current roster. Duncan has really lost a step or two this season, and Bowen, Finley, Horry, and Barry aren't getting any younger. NO is an exciting team to watch, though. I think it would be great for Louisiana if they and the Saints could break what seems to be a curse on the state's professional teams.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The Hornets just need some depth and they can be at the top for several years. I was bummed about the results, but they gave me hope for the future.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    I hope you're wrong... but you may be 100% correct. I look for LA, NO, and Utah to rule the roost for the next several years.
    I think Portland has some young potential to be good in a few years.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post

Hornets, Lakers,Jazz, Blazers...There is your title contenders in the WEST the next 3-4 years.

Give credit to the Spurs they played like the Champs Monday night...However I left the arena monday night knowing this is just the start of something special for the hornets and the Spurs will NEVER beat the hornets in a playoff series again.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    the Spurs will NEVER beat the hornets in a playoff series again.
    Now that is a strong statement. I don't think I'd go that far. The Hornets are good, and are going to be good, but I'm not sure their ownership has the track record to sustain a dynasty.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Now that is a strong statement. I don't think I'd go that far. The Hornets are good, and are going to be good, but I'm not sure their ownership has the track record to sustain a dynasty.
    I say that because the Spurs are old and I think this is their last run. I agree with ownership but I think he may have turned the corner.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I agree. I am sure he meant with this current group of players on each roster Paul and Co. and Duncan and Co.

Obviously he can't mean never. In 20 years who knows where anyone will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I agree. I am sure he meant with this current group of players on each roster Paul and Co. and Duncan and Co.

Obviusly he can't mean never. In 20 years who knows where anyone will be.
    that would be it...current group sorry.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Yeah, the Spurs may be at the end of their successful run... it'll be tough competing with the LA's and NO's with all the colostomy bags and oxygen tanks weighing the Spurs' players down. Actually, Duncan and company may have enough juice for one more run or so, but these young teams will be very tough to beat. Not sure about Portland, which was mentioned earlier. Didn't Odom wind up there?

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    that would be it...current group sorry.
    That I can buy. Of course, we all thought the Spurs were too old this season. And last season.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Duncan is 32 , Ginobli just turned 30 and Parker is only 26 and is getting better.

Their bench is ancient but that core can make another run. They have never repeated. If they lose to L.A. everyone will count them out yet they will be right back in the thick of things next year. If they can get a younger bench their core is still plenty young enough to win a couple more. That being said after this year and next they will probably not be dangerous any more. But this year and next they will be as good as anyone are a threat to beat any team in the league in a 7 game series.

They will need younger role players though. Bowen is 36, Horry is 37 , Finley is 35, Barry is 36, Oberto is 33, Thomas is 35.

They need to replace some of that group with younger models to keep competing after this year. I will say though that it is a hell of a lot easier to revamp your bench than it is to revamp your starting lineup. I mean I keep posting that the Spurs and Hornets need better benches but imagine if you were the Knicks or Clippers and needed to replace almost your entire team.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

If it's the Spurs and Pistons in the finals I'm gonna go ahead and put bleach in my eyes and then shoot myself.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

If Oden ever makes it onto the court.

+ Reply to Thread