+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible McCain running mate

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Possible McCain running mate

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    It's no secret that the GOP wants him. I honestly think it's a question of whether he wants to. Even just considering his national reputation, he could solidify a presidential run if he is successful with revamping Louisiana.
    And if a barrell of oil hits $200 like they are saying it will, the State cofers will be oozing with more money than they have now which should make it very easy for him to lower taxes and totally revamp the state - hopefully...

Just remember for every $1 change in the price of a barrell of oil the state cofers get a $12 million increase....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    He never said no. I believe he said that it would be hard to turn down since it was "like the prettiest girl at the dance" on Leno.

That's exactly what he said at the Louisiana College graduation two weekends ago.

It's no secret that the GOP wants him. I honestly think it's a question of whether he wants to. Even just considering his national reputation, he could solidify a presidential run if he is successful with revamping Louisiana.
    i heard this morning on npr that jindal said he did not expect to be offered the vp spot. i don't really know what that means or if it means anything...just relaying information.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

I would hate to see Jindal leave the State. But he has got to be thinking hard about it. McCain's VP (whoever it turns out to be) will have VERY good odds of being the next President (doubt McCain will run again in four years) . . . especially with the Democrats running exponentially lousier and lousier candidates every four years.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    And if a barrell of oil hits $200 like they are saying it will, the State cofers will be oozing with more money than they have now which should make it very easy for him to lower taxes and totally revamp the state - hopefully...

Just remember for every $1 change in the price of a barrell of oil the state cofers get a $12 million increase....

Just think about how our Federal Gov. is getting rich from the oil as well. Leases offshore used to be 25% royalty. I assume they still are these days. I don't work offshore blocks in leases sales anymore (almost 30 years ago).

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

John McCain is toast. Really. You folks think that the public is going to elect another Republican President for 4 more years? The country is waist deep in do-do and all you rich oil guys think about keeping the price of oil at these high levels.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    John McCain is toast. Really. You folks think that the public is going to elect another Republican President for 4 more years? The country is waist deep in do-do and all you rich oil guys think about keeping the price of oil at these high levels.
    What kind of backwards think is that Salty? These high prices are terrible for America and the average American. But please understand and listen to everyone on here posting facts and trying to explain to you whos fault it is. Now of us "oil guys" want this to happen to our country. What don't you get???? We want the U>S>A to be energy independent. Don't let your jealousy override your brain. It's your Lib/Dem/Envirowacko buddies that have caused this one. OIL COMPANIES and THEIR EXECS. want what's best for America and that's to be allowed to drill, produce and refine American oil and gas in all parts of this country NOW to help out their fellow Americans! That's been their wish all along. Period. Your buddies, in a huge part, drove the industry elsewhere around the globe.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    What kind of backwards think is that Salty? These high prices are terrible for America and the average American. But please understand and listen to everyone on here posting facts and trying to explain to you whos fault it is. Now of us "oil guys" want this to happen to our country. What don't you get???? We want the U>S>A to be energy independent. Don't let your jealousy override your brain. It's your Lib/Dem/Envirowacko buddies that have caused this one. OIL COMPANIES and THEIR EXECS. want what's best for America and that's to be allowed to drill, produce and refine American oil and gas in all parts of this country NOW to help out their fellow Americans! That's been their wish all along. Period. Your buddies, in a huge part, drove the industry elsewhere around the globe.
    Come on, Tyler, there is no way that we can drill our way out of our dependence on foreign oil. The Big Oil companies want America to keep using oil, and not develop an alternative fuel for our cars.

Besides, it's time for us to use fuels that are not contributing to climate change.

Come on, Tyler, there is no way that we can drill our way out of our dependence on foreign oil. The Big Oil companies want America to keep using oil, and not develop an alternative fuel for our cars.

As Obama would say, "YES WE CAN" if giving the rightsby the LIB/DEMS in congress and the senate to do exactly what I've been saying on BB&B for years. But we should have been allowed to this 10-20 years ago.

As far as your second comment, don't you think the Big Oil companies would love to corner the market (out of pure greed if necessary) of the "new " alternative fuel for cars if it was truly out there? That said, fuel for cars is only one of the types of alternate fuel needing to be found. But hey, that takes a ton of money for R&D which of course you and your buddies on the left really don't want these O&G copmpanies to do or are willing to help pay for.

The bottom line is that the DEMS/LIBS don't want America self-sufficient on America's own oil and gas and are doing everything in their power to see that America is dependent on foreign/Arab oil. The DEMS/LIBS are doing this out of both ignorance and to appeace the Envirowackos. It's your buddies fault. Write those liberal wingnut politicos in DC and give them a piece of your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    As Obama would say, "YES WE CAN" if giving the rightsby the LIB/DEMS in congress and the senate to do exactly what I've been saying on BB&B for years. But we should have been allowed to this 10-20 years ago.

As far as your second comment, don't you think the Big Oil companies would love to corner the market (out of pure greed if necessary) of the "new " alternative fuel for cars if it was truly out there? That said, fuel for cars is only one of the types of alternate fuel needing to be found. But hey, that takes a ton of money for R&D which of course you and your buddies on the left really don't want these O&G copmpanies to do or are willing to help pay for.

The bottom line is that the DEMS/LIBS don't want America self-sufficient on America's own oil and gas and are doing everything in their power to see that America is dependent on foreign/Arab oil. The DEMS/LIBS are doing this out of both ignorance and to appeace the Envirowackos. It's your buddies fault. Write those liberal wingnut politicos in DC and give them a piece of your mind.
    That's completely wrong and untrue. The DEMS/LIBS are the ones pushing for alternative fuels, not the REPUBS.

BTW, the BIG OIL companies have already "cornered the market" on gasoline and other fuels.

That's completely wrong and untrue. The DEMS/LIBS are the ones pushing for alternative fuels, not the REPUBS.

BTW, the BIG OIL companies have already "cornered the market" on gasoline and other fuels.

Not even worth responding to. See my above post again as you missed a good portion of it.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    That can't be so. Back during the governor's race, when I said he was only running to make himself more viable on the national scale, I was told that wan't true that he really was interested in cleaning up our state govt. and he would serve his two terms.
    But remember Jindal does not hold a job very long. As one of my Ruston friends in the news business wrote in a recent email . . . .

"Well Folks-
    "You would have to be living in a bottle not to have heard that our Governor will be spending the weekend at John McCain’s ranch in Arizona.
    "Naturally, everybody claims this has nothing to do with McCain’s needing someone to balance the ticket as his vice presidential running mate.
    "Jindal is the new poster boy for Republicans as the country’s youngest governor. But I can tell you for certain he is all flash and very little action. You actually read what he rattles off verbally and it is really gibberish.
    "He’s never stayed on a job four years and now four months into his new job as governor, he’s already looking for something higher profile.
    "As a political climber (vs. a social climber) he has no equal. During the campaign he waged for governor during his two terms in Congress, he hit every cross roads church in Louisiana. It was not true as one of my coffee drinking buddies claimed that Jindal wanted the seat at God’s right hand.
    "What he aspires to is taking over God’s seat!
    "I had very limited success in getting up any bets that Jindal would not serve out a full four year term if elected Governor. But I did get a few. Even some of his high dollar contributors were reluctant to call my bet. One only risked $10 even when he and his wife had maxed out on campaign contributions,
    "If McCain selects Bobby Boy to be his running mate, I’m really going to rethink my politics.
    "As just one of 430 members of Congress, Jindal was essentially harmless. As governor, he will no doubt do great damage to the state all the while waving the banner of "Good Government."
    "Former Veep John Nance Garner described the powers of the vice president as "not being worth a bucket of warm spit."
    "That would seem to be the perfect place to put Bobby. Unfortunately McCain is a 1936 model and pretty high mileage.
    "So there is the quandary....should we save Louisiana but risk the country?
    "Clearly it is something that needs pondering over the next few months..."
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    "So there is the quandary....should we save Louisiana but risk the country?"
    Heh. I'm GUESSING he voted for Georges or Landrieu and if Jindal leaves for higher office, this somehow justifies his support of a losing candidate... Methinks that is the case.

OF COURSE Jindal is a rising star. Is that an excuse to elect a worse governor? I would sure love to see how he would hire a head coach for Louisiana Tech. I know!!! Let's start by looking for someone whom NO BCS team would want. I must really be missing the point of this person's email. It is absolutely no secret that Jindal has been a political climber. It as an absolute LIE to say that he "is all flash and very little action". What is the author trying to say? Seriously. Point 1: He's a bad governor. Point 2: He's such a great governor that he probably wouldn't stay in office. Point 3: Him leaving for higher office is somehow bad. Or good. They haven't decided yet. Am I missing something?

This is why I miss traditional mail. They may show a little more restraint in rambling if it would cost the author money to send it to people. Plus it saves me the time and cost of printing it out so I can wipe my arse with it. Lord knows my septic tank is clogged to the rim with Spinoza ramblings.

Bulldog CooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the rough

Salty do you really think Obama will survive the debates? He'll do pretty good until then. Folks that don't pay attention to politics but vote, mostly moderates, will see he's a commy marxist. Right now all they know is he is for change they don't know or care to know anything else. McCain will not get the GOP base but the mods and the disgruntaled Hillary folks will put him in in a landslide. I think the only way he has a chance to get the GOP base is to put in a strong conservative VEEP and he'll win by and even bigger margin. As it stands right now I probably won't vote for McCain and definately won't vote for Obama. Salty I think at this point you can relax, we've got two libs and lib wanna be running so either way you'll get what you want, though it obviously won't be Ron Paul.

"Commy" is spelled "Commie." And yes, I'm very relaxed knowing that McCain has some liberal tendencies.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Assuming Obama is the democratic nominee if he does not pick Hillary as VP he will lose big time in my opinion. Hillary has gotten about half the democratic vote in the primaries and some of them will have some ill will against Obama if he does not put her on his ticket and will vote for McCain. They could do so and not feel they have have voted for a serious conservative opposite their views. McCain is closer on the issues to the democrats than to a republican like me.

I saw on Drudge that Bill Clinton was pushing hard to get Hillary as VP. Bill can be a bit vindictive and not someone Obama wants out saying that Hillary should have gotten VP and he may slip up and say Hillary supporters should vote for McCain. A reporter just has to get him in a rage about it and I can see it coming out of his mouth.

The Clintons have been in tough political situations like this before and because of that I am not counting Hillary out until she concedes. If it goes to convention anything can happen. I bet a lot of those super delegates owe Bill Clinton for past favors and when he puts the pressure on them they might vote for Hillary.

My wife and I do not like any of our choices and are contemplating if we even bother going to the polls. There is not enough difference between the options we have. The only issue that might get me to hold my nose and vote McCain is on taxes but I don't really trust him on his latest flip/flop to keeping the Bush tax cuts. Maybe when we get to the debates I could be swayed to get out and vote for McCain if he shows he is committed to taxes, immigration, alternative energy, drilling in the US, and cutting the deficit. If both candidates just keep talking about non-issues that will turn me off.

+ Reply to Thread