+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: REAL Coaching!!

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Re: REAL Coaching!!

My question and the only issue I see is this: Who will be coaching from the sideline during the game?

This is what I see happening: The Techsters playing not up to full potential and Spoon jumping up to yell at them "ala Leon" and grabbing the clipboard away from CL. His coaching style is very passive versus hers is very aggressive. Unless CL is willing to relinquish a little control I predict this coming to a climax mid season.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    My question and the only issue I see is this: Who will be coaching from the sideline during the game?

This is what I see happening: The Techsters playing not up to full potential and Spoon jumping up to yell at them "ala Leon" and grabbing the clipboard away from CL. His coaching style is very passive versus hers is very aggressive. Unless CL is willing to relinquish a little control I predict this coming to a climax mid season.
    They will be a team. Both will be handling that clipboard and Chris won't have a problem with that. He will listen to Spoon and she will listen to him. This can be a great pair and I know we will see it happen.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Question Re: REAL Coaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    They will be a team. Both will be handling that clipboard and Chris won't have a problem with that. He will listen to Spoon and she will listen to him. This can be a great pair and I know we will see it happen.
    Champ - I ( better than most ) know that U R the eternal optimist on the board ( & if ya wanna tag me as the eternal PESSIMIST, I'm cool with that!! ) but just HOW do U know that they will peacefully co-exist? Do U know something that the rest of us don't?? Please share, if so!
    Without preaching, the Sermon on the Mount states that "NO man can serve 2 Masters" so unless the responsibilities of both CL & Spoon are clearly understood by the players, there very well may be some confusion. At least w/Sonja & Leon, their roles were made clear to EVERYONE & that's why they worked so well together & the results speak for themselves.
    Not trying to undermine your credibility but YOU were the one who told us about all these "great" recruits & their shooting ability & athleticism which was supposed to show up this PAST season & it certainly didn't!! U also said that U couldn't/shouldn't build a winning program w/JUCO's yet Budke:icon_wink: has ( as well as Mainieri down @ LSU ). I'm also sorry if this sounds more like a personal attack towards yourself but it's not designed to be. We don't know each other nor have we ever met. I'm all for being positive yet when in the face of repetitive failures ( 2 years worth )by CL, I just can't rationalize your line of thinking. Please enlighten me, my friend!!

MG
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 06-07-2008 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Add comment

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    He will listen to Spoon and she will listen to him.
    We already know that Spoon talks to Leon. All I am saying is that there exists a very real possibility that CL is essentially being stripped of his HC status here at Tech. I honestly believe that we have an Assistant HC with more connection to the program and its past than the current HC. I don't know about schools, but in churches that doesn't usually work out very well for the Senior Pastor.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Question Churches

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    We already know that Spoon talks to Leon. All I am saying is that there exists a very real possibility that CL is essentially being stripped of his HC status here at Tech. I honestly believe that we have an Assistant HC with more connection to the program and its past than the current HC. I don't know about schools, but in churches that doesn't usually work out very well for the Senior Pastor.
    True enough UNLESS there's something already set up that hasn't been made public. That's what made me ask Champ if he's aware of something that the rest of us aren't. I'm a member of a Southern Baptist church where our Senior pastor REQUESTED ( publically, of course ) that we find/hire an Associate Pastor ahead of time to make his retirement ( within the next 3-5 years ) a seamless transition. It has worked EXTREMELY well as our new Sr. Pastor has continued to grow the church.
    Just MY hope is that CL FINALLY realizes that he's NOT college HC material & he plans to step aside if/when Spoon shows she can do the job. THEN I will praise him!!

MG
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 06-07-2008 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Add comment

+ Reply to Thread