+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: REAL Coaching!!

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Re: REAL Coaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by james123 View Post
    Let the fun begin! Did she have anything interesting to say?

Yea... She did! She talks to Leon frequently and wants to bring back his style of play!

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Frown Re: REAL Coaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    Yea... She did! She talks to Leon frequently and wants to bring back his style of play!
    OMG!! Isn't that the style of play that the Stoehrs wanted to try ( along with some discipline ) & look where it got them!!!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Poll Re: REAL Coaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    OMG!! Isn't that the style of play that the Stoehrs wanted to try ( along with some discipline ) & look where it got them!!!
    Yea, and think that's how they won a National Championship as well!
    Bring on Spoon!

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Angry Re: REAL Coaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    Yea, and think that's how they won a National Championship as well!
    Bring on Spoon!
    U missed my point ( & sarcasm!! ). I was there when Leon had the Ladies do the full court press ( which helped lead to MULTIPLE national titles! ) & have seen Spoon slap the midcourt line. My point was that there's a BIG obstacle between Spoon & the ladies in trying to institute this style of play & that's CHRIS LONG!!!
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 06-02-2008 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Add comment

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

There will be no obstacle for TSpoon to do her thing. Have you ever heard anyone tell her to sit down? She has plenty of power to do what she needs to do. I think these two will make a great pair and compliment each other.

I am looking forward to next year!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

U missed my point ( & sarcasm!! ). I was there when Leon had the Ladies do the full court press ( which helped lead to MULTIPLE national titles! ) & have seen Spoon slap the midcourt line. My point was that there's a BIG obstacle between Spoon & the ladies in trying to institute this style of play & that's CHRIS LONG!!!

Sorry, guys I didn't get my message in here!

mistake on message

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Keep trying, BlindDog!

Big Grin Re: REAL Coaching!!

*** O.k. Let me try again!
    Gene, I try to tell when your being sarcastic or not and usualy I can't tell my friend!
    my point is that we should have a good chance of seeing a new and different coaching style on the sidelines with Spoon beside coach Long!
    He is the head coach no matter what and I for one am expecting some great games this year as well as some winning getting done by the Techsters!
    We have the talent on the team and now hopefully a coaching staff that is gonna bet it done as well on the sidelines!

They deserve their chance. I will go so far as to say that if coach Long isn't making remarkable changes in his performance by conference play, the powers that be should be giving him his walking papers!

Angry Re: REAL Coaching!!

Mike - Well, as Champ can tell ya, I'm probably one of the biggest anti-CL people ( except for my tag-team partner Fanfromafar - who has been quiet lately BUT via PM I know why! ) on this board. A big clue for U to detect my sarcasm is if I make any POSITIVE remark regarding anything CL has done to our program ( & there have been so FEW, if any!! ), it's GOT to be sarcasm. Can't really go by the emoticons 'cause everyone says I use WAY too many!!:icon_wink:
    Do I hope the addition of Spoon & Mrs. Harrington-Wilcher, et al, will stop the slide of our program? Certainly. My only issue is that CL will come out of this looking like a savior when, as indisputable facts show, his "coaching" is the reason that we're in this shape in the first place!! I'm very old-school & believe that if a person screws up then he/she should, at the very least, admit it. NEVER heard CL say that he had anything to do w/the demise of the Techster program. Of course, U can put JO & DR in that group as well - dumba**es!!

Mike - Well, as Champ can tell ya, I'm probably one of the biggest anti-CL people ( except for my tag-team partner Fanfromafar - who has been quiet lately BUT via PM I know why! ) on this board. A big clue for U to detect my sarcasm is if I make any POSITIVE remark regarding anything CL has done to our program ( & there have been so FEW, if any!! ), it's GOT to be sarcasm. Can't really go by the emoticons 'cause everyone says I use WAY too many!!:icon_wink:
    Do I hope the addition of Spoon & Mrs. Harrington-Wilcher, et al, will stop the slide of our program? Certainly. My only issue is that CL will come out of this looking like a savior when, as indisputable facts show, his "coaching" is the reason that we're in this shape in the first place!! I'm very old-school & believe that if a person screws up then he/she should, at the very least, admit it. NEVER heard CL say that he had anything to do w/the demise of the Techster program. Of course, U can put JO & DR in that group as well - dumba**es!!
    I couldn't agree with you more Gene!
    We all want the Techsters to have a great year this year!
    The problem is going to come if they do...
    Who's gonna get the credit ?
    Will it be Long, Spoon, or what?
    And if it's a great year will Coach Long get an extension on his contract, or will he get his walking papers?
    I can't express the feelings that I have for him but know that as a BIG FAN that I always want all the Tech Teams to have a great year; I suppose that's our role as fans!
    Only time will tell but I do believe that the talent we have on the team this year is incredible
    and the only way for us to not have a great year will be due to what happens on the side lines and in the locker rooms.
    I am an old cowboy and have never been very eliquint in speaking or writing, but hope my point might be understood here as well my friend!
    Mike in NOLA

If the Techsters have a great year, things will work out the way they should. No use guessing on who gets what credit. They are a team - sometimes, team chemistry with coaches can solve a lot of problems, as well. The whole key is for us fans to try not to be divisive. Spoon will get plenty of credit - much more so than if they do not do well.

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more Gene!
    We all want the Techsters to have a great year this year!
    The problem is going to come if they do...
    Who's gonna get the credit ?
    Will it be Long, Spoon, or what?
    And if it's a great year will Coach Long get an extension on his contract, or will he get his walking papers?
    I can't express the feelings that I have for him but know that as a BIG FAN that I always want all the Tech Teams to have a great year; I suppose that's our role as fans!
    Only time will tell but I do believe that the talent we have on the team this year is incredible
    and the only way for us to not have a great year will be due to what happens on the side lines and in the locker rooms.
    I am an old cowboy and have never been very eliquint in speaking or writing, but hope my point might be understood here as well my friend!
    Mike in NOLA
    Mike - But all the talent in the world can't win titles w/o proper guidance plus discipline & that's where CL fails miserably. If pure talent was all it took then the championship would be decided between UConn & Tennessee every year!!
    Having watched Spoon's interview when she first announced she was coming back home, she emphasized that she would DOG these Lady Techsters both on & off the court!! He**, yeah!! I specifically recall her saying that she'd follow them to Wal Mart to keep an eye on them, if necessary!!! U go, Spoon!!!
    I just hope that CL doesn't try to get into a power struggle w/her. Remember what happened the last time that happen w/the Techsters?? To refresh some memories, think KMR vs DR!!!

Thumbs Up Re: REAL Coaching!!

Mike - But all the talent in the world can't win titles w/o proper guidance plus discipline & that's where CL fails miserably. If pure talent was all it took then the championship would be decided between UConn & Tennessee every year!!
    Having watched Spoon's interview when she first announced she was coming back home, she emphasized that she would DOG these Lady Techsters both on & off the court!! He**, yeah!! I specifically recall her saying that she'd follow them to Wal Mart to keep an eye on them, if necessary!!! U go, Spoon!!!
    I just hope that CL doesn't try to get into a power struggle w/her. Remember what happened the last time that happen w/the Techsters?? To refresh some memories, think KMR vs DR!!!
    Well, my friends...
    This years team and choaching staff is going to have a new attitude
    and team chemistry that I hope will bring back some fond memories of years past!
    Go Techsters!

+ Reply to Thread