+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whiskey and Scotch drinkers step inside

Varsity Bulldog dawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the rough dawgbytes's Avatar

Re: Whiskey and Scotch drinkers step inside

Bourbon:

Bulliet - good value
    Eagle Rare - my favorite
    Blanton's - pricey

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Blended scotch and single malts taste very different. Heck, single malts from one region taste VERY different from single malts of a different region.

My favorite blend for smoothness and blended flavor is Johnny Walker Blue, but I can't justify spending $200+ for a blend when you can get a very good single malt for 1/3 that price. I like single malts from the Speyside region the best. McCallan, Balvenie, Cragganmore, and Glenfiddich are my favorite distillers that I have tried.

BTW, if you like Scotch, you really ought to try some of the Irish Whiskys out there. Midleton rare is the smoothest and most awesome blended Irish Whisky you can get, IMO. Redbreast has a pure pot still Irish whisky that is just as tasty as the Scotches.
    Wait a minute. You're willing to pay $7 a gallon gas and not $200 for some fine scotch? You need to rethink your priorities. :icon_wink:

Puppy spider seems to have something between the earsspider seems to have something between the earsspider seems to have something between the earsspider seems to have something between the earsspider seems to have something between the earsspider seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Try this http://www.balvenie.com/range/portwood_21yo.html served neat. You will be able to taste the casks that this single malt is aged in. So light up you favorite cigar and enjoy the good life.
    Taste ~ A single malt of refinement and remarkable character, it is creamy and silky with fruit, honey and spice notes, and has a long and gentle nutty finish.

Damn Gonzo!! What a description. You have come along way from the days of mixing Early Times with flat diet coke that Vidler probably stole from wife to be's apartment.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrassyNoleHitman View Post
    note to self...don't listen to Guislapp's advice on tasty adult beverages. LOL

i can't stand Beam. but the Jim Beam company DOES make the brand i really like. Knob Creek. i like most of Beam's small batch collection...but i find Knob Creek gives you the best bang for the buck.
    I like Knob Creek, and it tastes nothing like Jim Beam. Jim Beam is dirt cheap.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Wait a minute. You're willing to pay $7 a gallon gas and not $200 for some fine scotch? You need to rethink your priorities. :icon_wink:
    I have a bottle of JW Blue. Bought it on a cruise ship for $150. I only did that because of the value. I do not generally drink blended Scotch, only single malts.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbytes View Post
    Bourbon:

Bulliet - good value
    Eagle Rare - my favorite
    Blanton's - pricey

I liked the Bulliet.

I will have to try the Eagle Rare.

How Pricey is Blanton's?

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone ever tried a rye bourbon?

I bought a bottle about two months ago and didn't really care all that much for it.

Russell's Reserve was the brand.
    Last edited by rabiddawg; 07-09-2008 at 10:52 PM.

And I should clarify...Jim Beam is for mixing with COKE. A good bourbon like Knob Creek does not require mixers. I really like Basil Hayden's too.

I like Knob Creek and Maker's Mark, but to me they still run second to the Single Barrel Jack Daniels. Maybe it's the 94 proof that makes the difference.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

When it comes to bourbon, I keep it simple. Jack Daniels or Maker's Mark. At Tech football games I used to drink Old Granddad 100 proof. I still buy a bottle once in a blue moon just to reminisce....and get a headache bad enough to remind me why I don't drink that stuff anymore.

As for scotch, I am kind of a snob. I only like single malt, and I can really taste the difference. My favorites are Glenlevit and Balvenie. But, you really can't go wrong with any of the single malt "Glens" Glenmorangie, Glenfiddich, Glenlevit, Glenallan. There are a lot of Glens in Scotland.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

bourbon - Wild Turkey on the rocks.

scotch - Chivas Regal on the rocks.

Can't get much smoother than those two.

Certainly, not for the price.

I am going to have to try the kickin' chickin' again since I graduated from mixers to water.

I have drank the Chevas with my father-in-law in the past and had forgotten that I did like it too.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

I prefer Knob Creek a little bit over Maker's Mark. Just had JD:Single Barrel for the first time over the weekend, and it was good too.
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Big Dog Dawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to behold Dawgbert's Avatar

Gentleman Jack is my choice for sipping.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I wonder what The Church Lady thinks about this thread...

What kind of people would take such pleasure in talking about the evil ways of bourbon and scotch? Hmmm

Maybe those possessed by...SATAN?

+ Reply to Thread