+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacman with Partial Reinstatement

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Pacman with Partial Reinstatement

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3423005

This is the funniest part of the article that I read though:

Since being traded to the Cowboys, Jones has tried to surround himself with a better support group. He's befriended former Cowboys Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders. Now that he's allowed to be at the Cowboys facility, Jones will be able to work with Calvin Hill, a consultant who works with player development. Jones also has become friends with several of his new teammates, including Tank Johnson, who the Cowboys helped return from a similar suspension last season.

Is that supposed to be serious?

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Re: Pacman with Partial Reinstatement

Say what you want about the Cowboys, and you guys do, but they do a better job with reclamation projects than any other team in the league.

Laugh at folks like Deion and Irvin all you want, but they DO provide a good support system to the Tanks and Pacmans of the world.

I bet the Bengals wish they had a Deion Sanders.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Say what you want about the Cowboys, and you guys do, but they do a better job with reclamation projects than any other team in the league.

Laugh at folks like Deion and Irvin all you want, but they DO provide a good support system to the Tanks and Pacmans of the world.

I bet the Bengals wish they had a Deion Sanders.
    Seriously? Michael Irvin? That guy can throw a mean crack party.

I will give Deion his due. He never really got in much trouble and has mentored many a young black athlete.

I dont think him and Tank being friends might be the best idea, though.

PS--I have never been one to blow on the Cowboys too much. I definitely dont like them and I despise Jerry Jones, but I have never blow on the way they do things. They usually do things to get it done. One thing the Saints have sorely missed over the franchise's life with that scumbag owner of ours.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Seriously? Michael Irvin? That guy can throw a mean crack party.

I will give Deion his due. He never really got in much trouble and has mentored many a young black athlete.

I dont think him and Tank being friends might be the best idea, though.

PS--I have never been one to blow on the Cowboys too much. I definitely dont like them and I despise Jerry Jones, but I have never blow on the way they do things. They usually do things to get it done. One thing the Saints have sorely missed over the franchise's life with that scumbag owner of ours.
    OK yeah, Deion moreso than Mike. But I still think Irvin is a really warm-hearted guy. Addictions, sure, but I like to think he means well.

Speaking of former Dallas crackheads, you haven't lived until you've watched Leon Lett co-host the Cowboys post-game report on FSN Dallas. Dude is INSANE and its really awesome television.

I knock Jerry alot too, but like you said, give the man credit for doing what it takes to win (yeah, I know, just not in the playoffs, Saints fans. Spare it).

Pacman is a special talent and I hope he gets his stuff together.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    OK yeah, Deion moreso than Mike. But I still think Irvin is a really warm-hearted guy. Addictions, sure, but I like to think he means well.

Speaking of former Dallas crackheads, you haven't lived until you've watched Leon Lett co-host the Cowboys post-game report on FSN Dallas. Dude is INSANE and its really awesome television.

I knock Jerry alot too, but like you said, give the man credit for doing what it takes to win (yeah, I know, just not in the playoffs, Saints fans. Spare it).

Pacman is a special talent and I hope he gets his stuff together.
    I watch it after every game and the one I watch has Nate Newton and Rocket. I haven't seen Leon Lett.

Another question: what about TO signing on for another 4 years? I know that contracts mean nothing in the NFL, but I honestly think this guy can play until he is 40 at a high level. Of course, injuries will probably start to plague him more and more, but pure talentwise, the guy will probably have it for another 4 or 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    I watch it after every game and the one I watch has Nate Newton and Rocket. I haven't seen Leon Lett.
    Nate's what I meant . Whoops.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Another question: what about TO signing on for another 4 years? I know that contracts mean nothing in the NFL, but I honestly think this guy can play until he is 40 at a high level. Of course, injuries will probably start to plague him more and more, but pure talentwise, the guy will probably have it for another 4 or 5 years.
    Dhuss,

I think Jerry is giving away some of this risky big money because he knows the salary cap is about to go bye-bye.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I think the jury is still out on T.O. He hasn't blown up yet, but he's been winning.

If Dallas struggles early this year and he reverts to his old ways, then things could get ugly in a hurry.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

After watching him for a few years I have come to the conclusion that T.O. is a me first ball hawg.

He's a nice guy and a good citizen off the field. I think he is a good team-mate. He is a work-out fanatic that is always in top condition.

BUT when he is not thrown to early and often much of that flies out the window and he becomes a punk. As long as Romo keeps feeding him the ball it doesn't matter about wins/losses or anythig else.

He's gonna be fine until the Cowboys bring in a stud young WR to challenge him. Then hopefully Jerry will immediately cut TO before the fireworks even have a chance to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    After watching him for a few years I have come to the conclusion that T.O. is a me first ball hawg.

He's a nice guy and a good citizen off the field. I think he is a good team-mate. He is a work-out fanatic that is always in top condition.

BUT when he is not thrown to early and often much of that flies out the window and he becomes a punk. As long as Romo keeps feeding him the ball it doesn't matter about wins/losses or anythig else.

He's gonna be fine until the Cowboys bring in a stud young WR to challenge him. Then hopefully Jerry will immediately cut TO before the fireworks even have a chance to start.

Agreed, I think TO would rather have 200 yards and 3 TDs and lose, then have 20 yards and no TDs and win. It is a sad fact. Of course, it seems the more TO gets the ball, the better the team does. Therefore, you dont see the inverse relationship of TO getting the ball and the team losing very often. So, all seems well. I do think if TO didnt get the ball during a 4 game losing streak, it would be ugly.

It will be quite an ego shot if Dallas gets a younger stud receiver over the next couple of years. After that, I think TO will be fine with it. He will be an old man by NFL terms.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Just another THUG.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Just another THUG.
    ............That spends a lot of time doing charity work with kids and doesn't ever cause problems off the field.

He isn't a team player and he is a "me first" athlete but I wouldn't say thug, more of a Ball Hog if you ask me. Like I said if he gets the ball thrown his way a lot you don't see his "problem side." maybe we define thug differently. Pac Man is a thug. T.O. is just selfish.

Led the league in TD receptions, didn't cause any problems, works hard and is always in shape. I'll take that any day of the week. I could care less what he did in Philly. Except for Moats I hate Philly. I don't like anyone that would throw snowballs at Santa.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Just another THUG for the Cowgirls.

Here is a rap sheet look at all of Pacman’s brushes with the law since joining the NFL’s Tennessee Titans:

July 13, 2005- Arrested and charged with assault and felony vandalism after a nightclub altercation. This began Pacman Jones NFL rap sheet. He already had a lengthy one from high school and college.
    September 5, 2005- Adam was invited to attend the Nashville Sports Council Kickoff Luncheon. Jones went off on a verbal tirade while being told to wait for his car after the event. He then refused to tip the valet service.
    October 2005- State of West Virginia filed a petition stating that Jones had not been contacting his probation officer and that he had not reported his July 2005 arrest. The judge extended the probation for just 90 days.
    March 23, 2006- Charged with marijuana possession in Fayetteville, Georgia. He went on to claim that he knew how to beat the NFL’s drug test.
    August 25, 2006- Arrested for disorderly conduct and public intoxication after being ordered by the cops to leave a Murfreesboro night club several times. Jones claimed a woman stole his wallet. The woman claimed that Jones spat on her. The judge in the case gave Pacman six months probation and told him to stay away from the club.
    October 26, 2006- Jones was issued a citation for misdemeanor assault after a female student from Tennessee State University claimed that Jones spit in her face at a Nashville night club.
    Feburary 19, 2007- The facts are disputed and no charges have been made yet, but Jones was in the middle of a fight and shooting at a strip club in Las Vegas that left one man paralyzed and two more wounded. The fight broke out after Jones showered strippers on stage with $81,000 dollars. The club owner claims Jones was beating a strippers head against the bar while claiming to kill one of the club’s employees.
    January 3, 2008- Pacman is accused of punching Wanda S. Jackson in the face at an Atlanta strip club called the Body Tap Strip Club. Jackson says Jones reached over the counter and sucker punched her in her left eye.
    The above time line doesn’t include his sentence of one year in prison for a bar fight in Morgantown, West Virginia while in college. The sentence was later suspended in exchange for two years of probation (because he is a really good football player).
    Here is a look at the options the Tennessee Titans have if they decide to cut Pacman Jones. He doesn’t only need to be cut, but Jones needs to serve some time. He has been given preferential treatment his entire life because he is good at playing football.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Agreed, I think TO would rather have 200 yards and 3 TDs and lose, then have 20 yards and no TDs and win. It is a sad fact. Of course, it seems the more TO gets the ball, the better the team does. Therefore, you dont see the inverse relationship of TO getting the ball and the team losing very often. So, all seems well. I do think if TO didnt get the ball during a 4 game losing streak, it would be ugly.

It will be quite an ego shot if Dallas gets a younger stud receiver over the next couple of years. After that, I think TO will be fine with it. He will be an old man by NFL terms.
    You might be surprised at just how many GREAT WR's, on the college & pro level, are exactly the same way as Owens. They just never are happy unless they have made several catches for many yards & a TD or two. That always amazed me.

+ Reply to Thread