+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sports Blog on Tech Talk

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Re: New Sports Blog on Tech Talk

im glad i just now stumbled on this thread. :bigcry:

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

The stuff in bold are excerpts from Kevin’s response to comments on his blog (just so everyone knows where they were taken).

First, let me say, my father was like Kevin’s, a die-hard LSU fan. I can’t tell you how many radios I ducked as a child when they would make one of their bone-head loses. He never attended LSU, never had a child graduate from LSU, though for some reason he latched onto them. Now in his defense this was back in the 50s so there was probably little interest in other teams. While I’ll cheer for LSU against most teams, I don’t wear any of their apparel or support them in anyway. I also don’t wear any other university apparel other than Tech. I came to Tech and Tech is who I support. Anyway, that just so Kevin is aware of where I’m coming from.

I did not mean for this to show Tech in a negative light. The intention was to show my view that people can support who ever they want where ever they want, even two instate schools.
    While this may not been your attention that is definitely what you have done. I can just see everyone at the other universities linking to your blog to show how little someone who writes for the Tech Talk thinks of TECH.

I’m going to Tech for the education, not the athletic program. My allegiance is not bought with the name on the diploma I will receive.
    I don’t think we’re trying to buy your allegiance but you should at least respect the school you are going to.

As for writing for the Tech Talk, I’m learning how to become a journalist not how to write PR pieces for the university. I have every right to criticize what I feel needs criticism as long as I use no libel statement.
    And everyone else has ever right to disagree with your criticisms. The only problem is that based upon the fact that TECH permits you to write for the paper you are given access to a wider audience. Would you allow someone on this board to write an opinionated piece on how TECH alum, faculty, and students should support TECH and attach it as a blog?

As for the not being relevant comment, In hindsight I should have explained it more. I should have added, not relevant in the national scope. Since 1989, when Tech joined Division I-A, the football team has had six winning seasons in 19 years. The men’s basketball team has had I believe two NCAA tournament appearances in the last 20 years losing in the first round both times. In baseball to my knowledge, Tech has never made it to a college world series.

Tech is not a player nationally, and you cannot justify them as such. I wish this was not the case, but it is. They are a player regionally though. They are relevant regionally. The problem is, they aren’t even relevant statewide yet. Tech gets no coverage south of I-10, yet LSU games are broadcast national and covered by almost every news outlet within the state.

I’m not sure why you think Tech is in competition with LSU in the first place. They are in two totally different levels at the moment. I’ve talked with Coach Dooley and believe he has a plan and is capable of bringing Tech to a more even level with LSU. I covered the renovations happening on campus this spring and I believe that is not only the first step, but a major step forward in the right direction. Tech is just not there yet, and your naive to think so.

So Tech’s been in D I-A for 19 years, how long has LSU been there? Luckily for you, at least I’m assuming you’re a youngster, you didn’t live through LSU’s hard times. If you had I’d then say you were a true fan. Look back at LSU’s history from 1960 to 1990. I could be wrong but I think you’ll find very little to brag about. Luckily you’ve seen them enjoy baseball success in 1990s and football success in the 2000s. No we’re not at LSU’s level, not yet and its not what we’re striving for; since we’re striving to be better. That’s why having someone who writes for a paper that supports TECH describe them in the manner you have doesn’t help. You could have brought across the same story by dropping the last five paragraphs and not comparing TECHs relevance to LSU, but you chose to do so.

As to my fanhood, I’ve been a LSU fan my entire life. I’ve been a Tech student for less than six months. I transfered to Tech during my senior year because of a special circumstance with my family, one which I’m not going to justify with you. I’m not disappointed in this. I’ve always liked Tech and glad I can graduate from this fine university, but what I do for a year is not going to change what I am. I’m still going to give Tech the best coverage I can, but I’m going to cover it as a reporter, not a fan.
    Then cover it as a reporter who supports the university rather than one who tries to downgrade it and show LSU dominance. You could have had the same story come across as more If this had been your twentieth blog edition and the other 19 had supported TECH in some manner you would have still gotten criticism but probably not as much. To choose to tell this story as your first blog reminds me of the last Die Hard movie where Bruce Willis wears the sign in Harlem. What the hell did you expect to happen?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin,

You've heard the saying, "If you find yourself in a hole, quit digging" haven't you? Besides that, your burying yourself, as you dig, with your own bulls&it.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechTalkLacky View Post
    I'm not going to make excuses for what I wrote. It's what I believe in. I'm not going to make a comment on those people who question my sexuality, wish for me to get beat up or are trying to have me fired from a job I'm not only not getting any pay for, but actually paying money to do.

It just really shows what kind of fan base Tech truly has. If someone, even college student trying to learn, writes anything negative about their school, its alright to post what ever they about their personal life and families personal life. Man this is a fan base close to my heart.

How bout y'all make a pose and go around campus lynching every student wearing LSU gear. My first class today there was five people wearing hats, three LSU hats, one Atlanta Braves hat and one wearing a Tech hat ... Me. It just so happens a prominent football player is in the same class, but he hasn't said anything about it.

You get the pose together come by around 9:45 and you can lynch you three tech students. Don't tell me when you are coming by on the off chance I'm wearing my LSU hat cause it would be the perfect excuse to impart the bodily harm some many of you wish for me to go through.

I had the balls to attach my name to a post, I would like the same respect please. Especially the guy that questioned my sexuality, the people that wish me bodily harm and the one that insulted my dad.

As for bringing my dad into this, very very low. As for being dumb as a brick, he graduated Tech in 1969 with a business degree, you may find it at centennial walkway under Paul Stephen Sims. After a few years in business, he decided to go back to school and obtained his Doctorate in Pharmacy at North East, now known as ULM. He must be a very, very dumb man.

Now onto contacting my superiors. Please make all electronic complaints directly to Sallie Rose Hollis and Envision@latech.edu since Mr. Hilburn does not check his email or phone messages. He is also gone from the office a lot so it will be hard to track him down, but if you can please show him your displeasure.

As for contacting Tech's coaching staff and administration. Feel free with that too. I'm sure Dooley = will love all the emails and do everything in his power to make me miserable because everyone knows it will be a good thing for an Athletic director to alienate the media, even college press, during his first year as AD.
    Fer a jernulizim majer, you gots no grammaratatical skilllllzz.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechTalkLacky View Post
    Nothing I said was lovey dovey about LSU.

They are more relevent in the national scale. They have a deeper tradition. LSU does not compete with other schools within the state. Plan and simple. That's all I said.

The audience I want to direct this piece and who will like this piece, are like minded with me. We support the State of Louisiana, all schools, professional or collegiate. The questions do come up when the instate teams play, but with the exception of the Sun Belt teams and Grambling/Southern no team plays each other on a yearly basis.

There are more people that support both Tech and LSU than there are just rabid Tech fans. That's who I'm going to write too. As rabid Tech fans, please alienate this contingency more. Its the perfect way to weed out all the wannabe fans from the real ones. Lets limit the games to the few hundred die hards.
    Your audience is Tech students and alumni, genius. Doesn't make much sense to bash the school the attend and graduated from, and expect them to like it. And furthermore, if you were writing to the watered-down fans, why did you link your pathetic excuse for a news piece to an internet forum of DIE-HARDS???

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    Your audience is Tech students and alumni, genius. Doesn't make much sense to bash the school the attend and graduated from, and expect them to like it. And furthermore, if you were writing to the watered-down fans, why did you link your pathetic excuse for a news piece to an internet forum of DIE-HARDS???
    ...because he, and all the others like him, want to spread the virus to all.

Varsity Bulldog bigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by bjude64 View Post
    ...because he, and all the others like him, want to spread the virus to all.
    He's a follower just like other students at Tech or "Bandwagon" fans who couldn't name one player from any LSWHO team. And I've said it before, the only reason some Tech students go for LSWHO is because they win unlike Tech from what I hear. And I'll repeat it, if you like LSWHO go there plain and simple, don't go to Tech if you won't even support in anyway

Varsity Bulldog dmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the rough

A blog is a blog. Kevin, write whatever you want, but let your writing stand for itself. You shouldn't have to explain yourself. Its unprofessional and uncouth. You should have learned that in any of Dr. Owens', Hollis', Blicks's, and Beth's classes that you've taken.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dmcguirt23 View Post
    A blog is a blog. Kevin, write whatever you want, but let your writing stand for itself. You shouldn't have to explain yourself. Its unprofessional and uncouth. You should have learned that in any of Dr. Owens', Hollis', Blicks's, and Beth's classes that you've taken.
    Yeah, and the fact that Kevin chooses to denigrate the forum (La Tech) that allows him the opportunity to blog shows how little character he has as well as those who justify his actions.

Varsity Bulldog bigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dmcguirt23 View Post
    By the way I believe the paper is called "Tech Talk" not "LSU Talk". Which means it should be talking about local events going around Tech campus and also the sports section be nothing but Tech sports

Varsity Bulldog frogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to all frogdog's Avatar

Just shoot him and get it over with. If not then transfer him to writting and editing ads or somehting other than Sports

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by frogdog View Post
    Just shoot him and get it over with. If not then transfer him to writting and editing ads or somehting other than Sports
    Then we'd just get a blog on how much more "relevant" the ads LSU got were to ours.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by frogdog View Post
    He's not worth the rubberband or BB.

Bulldog bluegrass dawg isn't thought very highly of around herebluegrass dawg isn't thought very highly of around here bluegrass dawg's Avatar

From experience long ago, the Tech Talk sucked and always has. I had a run in with them in my junior year (1983) and was amazed at their arrogance.

Not that it's unexpected, all journalists. except for those at the Wall Street Journal and Forbes, suck. They're like trial lawyers, never let the facts cloud their opinions or agenda.

The Tech Talk has always will be the one Tech institution I won't support and would be happy to see dry up and blow away!

Go Dawgs!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

This kid just doesn't get it and it appears he never will.

+ Reply to Thread