+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sports Blog on Tech Talk

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Re: New Sports Blog on Tech Talk

Dear Editor,
    One of your sports writers, Mr. Kevin Sims, recently posted a blog regarding his cute little ol' gray LSU hat, absentmindedly worn to a Louisiana Tech baseball game to interview Coach Sim. Mr. Sims was mystified when Coach Sim took exception to an LSU hat worn by a Louisiana Tech student at a Louisiana Tech baseball game. The upshot of the blog is that Kevin is an LSU fan and feels Tech Athletics have no relevance, though he is a student at Louisiana Tech and a writer at Louisiana Tech's University newspaper; his daddy is an LSU fan, though an alumnus of Louisiana Tech; and Mr. Sims feels it is perfectly acceptable to wear LSU products to Louisiana Tech athletic events and indeed, on campus and to class each day. I do wonder if LSU would feel the reverse is acceptable? I doubt it very seriously.
    I would like to point out that our football Coach and new AD, Derek Dooley, is expending more energy and time in truly bringing the Tech Family together than we have seen in 20 years. The Tech Family includes current students and future students who will start their freshman year at Tech this Fall -at exactly the same time the biggest home football game in our history will take place. These same students read our school paper and online blogs. We need to encourage and ask for their support and participation on August 30 and at every home football game we have this Fall.
    I am appalled that a student writer at the Tech Talk would be blogging on the relevance of a school in Baton Rouge - intimating to Tech Talk readers and our student body that it is perfectly acceptable to support LSU (at the very least to have divided loyalties)though you attend and graduate from Louisiana Tech. This written in a Tech Talk blog at a time when we need each and every student and alumnus to be loyal to their alma mater, Louisiana Tech University, and to get involved and participate in the rebuilding of our athletic program. It is a disservice and an insult to our school, our athletes, our coaches, our alumni, our fans, our students, our supporters and our new AD - folks who are working their behinds off to change the perception and reputation of our program and rebuild Bulldog Athletics.
    I certainly hope this type of "blogging" in connection with our school newspaper and Louisiana Tech will not be repeated.
    I also hope during the remaining time Mr. Sims is a student at Louisiana Tech, he completes an excellent education, jumps off the bandwagon, gets with the "program" here in Ruston at Louisiana Tech, gets a Tech Blue hat with the new Tech logo on it for day and athletic event wear and keeps his opinions and support regarding the school in BR confined to a more appropriate venue - The Reveille.

Last edited by Dawgmatic; 06-11-2008 at 11:39 PM.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Back in the day, I don't even think Tech77, HogDawg or myself could get away with a blog like that at our TT sports department.
    A blog? In 1975?
    Fred Dean would probably have come and whipped our a$$e$. If Joe McNeely didn't do it first. Or Rodney Bagley. Or Charlie New. Or Mike Barber. You get the drift.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Back in the day, I knew a "Sims" who attended Louisiana Tech. He was dumb as a rock. Wonder if that one is Kevin's daddy ??

Varsity Bulldog Appledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really nice Appledog's Avatar

Simply make it an offense.

If person or persons within the limits of the campus of Louisiana Tech University are found to be wearing or in possesion of LSU garments or decorations they shall be fined.

1st offense = 100$
    2nd = 500$
    3rd strike and you are out.

The fines are doubled if the offense occurs at a Tech sporting event.

All collected fines are donated to LTAC.

Go Dawgs

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

I say let some students find him outside of Rabb's at closing time, and settle it in-house.

Be careful when you blog fighting words...

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Back in the day, I knew a "Sims" who attended Louisiana Tech. He was dumb as a rock. Wonder if that one is Kevin's daddy ??
    i hope one day he makes the same mistake going to interview Coach Dooley :icon_wink:

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

IMO, this doesn't look legitimate. If the TT started a sport blog surely they wouldn't just grab a free blogger account and have no links to the actual Tech Talk available. There's only one post on the "blog" and one poster. I'm not buying it, something fishy is going on.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by littleshoe View Post
    IMO, this doesn't look legitimate. If the TT started a sport blog surely they wouldn't just grab a free blogger account and have no links to the actual Tech Talk available. There's only one post on the "blog" and one poster. I'm not buying it, something fishy is going on.
    Oh, it's fishy all right and it stinks like one, too. But it is legitimate. If you go to the TT website and click on sports blogs it takes you right to it. Yes, there is only one blog, but it IS associated with the TT and he is a sports writer for the TT. Not a very good one, he can't spell for you-know-what, he writes like 6th grader and he makes errors in almost everything he writes. In an article on Bennett, he referred to GA Tech as Georgia Tech University. There is no such college named any such thing.

He may think we are all bark and limited bite, but my bet is Mr. Sims is going to find out how much teeth true Bulldogs possess.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

This reminds me of a TT contest back in 1997 in which the winner would receive 2 tickets to a baton rouge game. A following edition of TT had an editorial lambasting the TT and the contest's promoters.

That was the same year I had a freshman student worker from baton rouge who said she was a big lsuseless fan and made diparaging comments about having to be at Tech. I asked her what she was doing at Tech then, and she said that she wanted to get the best education available in La. I told her to shut up about lsuseless and learn to appreciate what Tech has to offer.

She did.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I used to be one of the support Louisiana people. Though I never bought or wore LSU gear or went to a game , I would root for them over pretty much anybody but tech. I changed my mind after I attended my first game in Baton Rouge. It has always bothered me when people who graduate from Tech, ULM, ULL etc. root for LSU, buy the gear and go to the games but couldn't be bothered to support their alma mater. If you love LSU so much, why don't you go there. It's not that hard to get into.

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

Alright... somebody get this on Dooley's desk. If he's the AD he's making himself out to be he should fix this and fix it quickly.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by littleshoe View Post

If only, it's legit, go to the Tech Talk website, http://www.thetechtalk.org/, and there is a link on the left had side under Blogs to Sports

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Dear Editor,
    One of your sports writers, Mr. Kevin Sims, recently posted a blog regarding his cute little ol' gray LSU hat, absentmindedly worn to a Louisiana Tech baseball game to interview Coach Sim. Mr. Sims was mystified when Coach Sim took exception to an LSU hat worn by a Louisiana Tech student at a Louisiana Tech baseball game. The upshot of the blog is that Kevin is an LSU fan and feels Tech Athletics have no relevance, though he is a student at Louisiana Tech and a writer at Louisiana Tech's University newspaper; his daddy is an LSU fan, though an alumnus of Louisiana Tech; and Mr. Sims feels it is perfectly acceptable to wear LSU products to Louisiana Tech athletic events and indeed, on campus and to class each day. I do wonder if LSU would feel the reverse is acceptable? I doubt it very seriously.
    I would like to point out that our football Coach and new AD, Derek Dooley, is expending more energy and time in truly bringing the Tech Family together than we have seen in 20 years. The Tech Family includes current students and future students who will start their freshman year at Tech this Fall -at exactly the same time the biggest home football game in our history will take place. These same students read our school paper and online blogs. We need to encourage and ask for their support and participation on August 30 and at every home football game we have this Fall.
    I am appalled that a student writer at the Tech Talk would be blogging on the relevance of a school in Baton Rouge - intimating to Tech Talk readers and our student body that it is perfectly acceptable to support LSU (at the very least to have divided loyalties)though you attend and graduate from Louisiana Tech. This written in a Tech Talk blog at a time when we need each and every student and alumnus to be loyal to their alma mater, Louisiana Tech University, and to get involved and participate in the rebuilding of our athletic program. It is a disservice and an insult to our school, our athletes, our coaches, our alumni, our fans, our students, our supporters and our new AD - folks who are working their behinds off to change the perception and reputation of our program and rebuild Bulldog Athletics.
    I certainly hope this type of "blogging" in connection with our school newspaper and Louisiana Tech will not be repeated.
    I also hope during the remaining time Mr. Sims is a student at Louisiana Tech, he completes an excellent education, jumps off the bandwagon, gets with the "program" here in Ruston at Louisiana Tech, gets a Tech Blue hat with the new Tech logo on it for day and athletic event wear and keeps his opinions and support regarding the school in BR confined to a more appropriate venue - The Reveille.

Unless things have changed recently, Wily Hilburn controls "The Tech Talk" brand like it is his own personal child. He's overseen the TT newspaper since the early 1970's, and I guarantee you that an official TT blog wasn't started without his permission.

With this in mind, I think it would be a good idea for you to send a copy of your letter to Mr. Hilburn, and at the same time ask him to do a better job of controlling the "lack of professionalism" by his Journalism students. IMO, the unprofessional behavior exhibited by his Journalism students reflects very badly on Mr. Hilburn, and may be an indication that his department is getting out of control in his old age.

HD

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    IMO, the unprofessional behavior exhibited by his Journalism students reflects very badly on Mr. Hilburn, and may be an indication that his department is getting out of control in his old age.
    Ouch!
    You don't believe in firing a warning shot across the bow do you?

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    If only, it's legit, go to the Tech Talk website, http://www.thetechtalk.org/, and there is a link on the left had side under Blogs to Sports

Leave a comment there, they need to be hammered for this LOUDLY!

+ Reply to Thread