+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brooke to Southern Miss

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Re: Brooke to Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by cranberry View Post
    Oh my gosh--using USM as a "stepping stone" on her way to another university??? Gosh, isn't that the same thing that Budke was raked over the coals on this board for doing??
    Brooke will continue her way up the ladder and I wish her good luck.
    I also wish her the best but there's a big difference in her situation & KB's ( & remember that I'm a KB supporter!! ). Brooke was one of "our own" while KB was an "outsider", so to speak, w/no ties to the program before Leon brought him in.
    Besides, I don't think Brooke wanted to leave but when CL cut Scott loose, I couldn't see her staying here w/o him.

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    I also wish her the best but there's a big difference in her situation & KB's ( & remember that I'm a KB supporter!! ). Brooke was one of "our own" while KB was an "outsider", so to speak, w/no ties to the program before Leon brought him in.
    Besides, I don't think Brooke wanted to leave but when CL cut Scott loose, I couldn't see her staying here w/o him.
    Plus she is going there as an assistant coach not a head coach. I never heard and assistant coach say gee I sure do love being an assistant coach. I never want to leave here and get a head coaching job.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up Re: Brooke to Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by 10cDawg View Post
    Plus she is going there as an assistant coach not a head coach. I never heard and assistant coach say gee I sure do love being an assistant coach. I never want to leave here and get a head coaching job.
    Actually, there IS ONE. Bob Starkey @ LSU made it clear that he was happy in his existing position as Associate Head Coach so he didn't wish to be promoted into Pokey's spot after she was terminated. Some people are happy to do the "behind the scenes" work instead of being in the limelight, I suppose.

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Actually, there IS ONE. Bob Starkey @ LSU made it clear that he was happy in his existing position as Associate Head Coach so he didn't wish to be promoted into Pokey's spot after she was terminated. Some people are happy to do the "behind the scenes" work instead of being in the limelight, I suppose.
    I guess there is an exception to everything, but Associate Head Coach is different than just plain ole assistant...lol.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

If I'm not mistaken, there's a defensive assistant with either Bobby Bowden or Joe Pa that has been with him for 30+ years and repeatedly declined offers to move from that position. While very rare, I believe ther is more of this than we know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, there's a defensive assistant with either Bobby Bowden or Joe Pa that has been with him for 30+ years and repeatedly declined offers to move from that position. While very rare, I believe ther is more of this than we know about.
    It probably does happen more than we know. I would think that those guys with those coaches had an extreme loyalty to them as well.

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

I wish Brooke all the best... But, it's like I told her. We would love to see her back here someday! Maybe as Spoon's Associate HC??

+ Reply to Thread