+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ...and Jericho

Puppy HammondDawg seems to have something between the earsHammondDawg seems to have something between the earsHammondDawg seems to have something between the earsHammondDawg seems to have something between the earsHammondDawg seems to have something between the earsHammondDawg seems to have something between the ears

Re: ...and Jericho

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    It's not so much what round he got drafted in, but how much money they have tied up in him. I would think the best they offer him will be in the range of $50,000. I think the smart thing to do for him would be to come back, but.......
    It's rarely ever a good move to come back for a senior year unless you simply like the college experience. The Cubs have money and they probably took him knowing they could sign him. If he comes back next year, he's looking at being a year older and staring a thousand dollars in the face unless he would go in the top 10 rounds, and even then it would be pennies on the dollar. I'm afraid we've seen the last of Jericho Jones.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

What? I couldn't disagree with you more, HammondDawg.

Puppy latechsports! is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    What? I couldn't disagree with you more, HammondDawg.
    hes actually pretty much right, unless you are in the top ten ,a senior wont get more than 5 or 10 thousand

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Sign now and Jericho will get a very small signing bonus. Come back for another season as a 1st-2nd round pick (where he realistically could be with a better performance) and sign for ~$500k to a couple $ million.

You guys are forgetting that Jericho was a Freshman All-American and WAC Freshman of the Year. He could easily be an All-American again and WAC Player of the Year.

Bulldog baseballfan has turned a few heads around herebaseballfan has turned a few heads around herebaseballfan has turned a few heads around herebaseballfan has turned a few heads around here baseballfan's Avatar

That is a big chance to take, again, I thought he would have gone much higher this year, if he is not Wac Player of the year next year, he might not be picked as high as he will have no leverage of going back to school, so teams will not pick out going seniors as high unless they are just outstanding, which he might well be, but who will protect him in the line-up so he can put up the numbers?

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: ...and Jericho

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Did they draft him as a pitcher or hitter? Just curious.
    They drafted him as a hitter and Jericho made that choice.He would've gone much higher in the draft if he chose the pitcher route.A few scouts were calling right up to the deadline and asking if he changed his mind about hitting. This has cost him a lot of money as far as his signing bonus goes,but it is clearly the best choice in the long run. If Jericho has trouble advancing through any of the minor league levels because of his batting....the team knows he is also a pitcher (which gives him 2 chances at the bigs) If he were to start out as a pitcher (and give up batting for a couple of years)it would be nearly impossible for him to get back to hitting high caliber pitching again.

Bulldog baseballfan has turned a few heads around herebaseballfan has turned a few heads around herebaseballfan has turned a few heads around herebaseballfan has turned a few heads around here baseballfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    They drafted him as a hitter and Jericho made that choice.He would've gone much higher in the draft if he chose the pitcher route.A few scouts were calling right up to the deadline and asking if he changed his mind about hitting. This has cost him a lot of money as far as his signing bonus goes,but it is clearly the best choice in the long run. If Jericho has trouble advancing through any of the minor league levels because of his batting....the team knows he is also a pitcher (which gives him 2 chances at the bigs) If he were to start out as a pitcher (and give up batting for a couple of years)it would be nearly impossible for him to get back to hitting high caliber pitching again.
    That makes a lot of sense! Good Luck!

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HammondDawg View Post
    It's rarely ever a good move to come back for a senior year unless you simply like the college experience. The Cubs have money and they probably took him knowing they could sign him. If he comes back next year, he's looking at being a year older and staring a thousand dollars in the face unless he would go in the top 10 rounds, and even then it would be pennies on the dollar. I'm afraid we've seen the last of Jericho Jones.
    HammondDawg speaks the truth........if he came back for his senior year he would be out of options with no more leverage. It is very rare to get a better signing bonus if you go back for the senior season.At least 90% end up with a $1000 signing bonus and a plane ticket to Sarasoto,Florida.If Jericho were to come back to Tech nex't year to play ball,the only fastballs he would see over the plate would be watching from the on deck circle.It really was a no-brainer decision for him (regardless of the lower signing bonus),and Jericho is as ready as he will ever be to start his pro career. I realize that having 6 players drafted this year is the most ever drafted from Tech but we could've had a couple more drafted like Lorio & Laserre (and all of them drafted much higher)......that is.... IF we had played up to our abilities and had the fantastic year that we should've had.I hope that all the draftees that leave excel and really develop as they start their pro careers.The main thing is that they now have the opportunity to do what they always wanted to do. They should be very proud of their accomplishments that got them to this level.The hard work and sacrifices made since T-ball have finally paid off. My hat off to you guys.....and good luck to all of you this summer.Their parents,families,and friends should be very proud of them I certainly want to thank coach's Simoneaux,Rountree,and Anderman for the large roles you all played in shaping these young men's lives.

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

6 kids drafted and we finish how many games under .500?

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Sign now and Jericho will get a very small signing bonus. Come back for another season as a 1st-2nd round pick (where he realistically could be with a better performance) and sign for ~$500k to a couple $ million.

You guys are forgetting that Jericho was a Freshman All-American and WAC Freshman of the Year. He could easily be an All-American again and WAC Player of the Year.
    I don't think anyone has forgotten that. But, JJ's average was higher and number of SOs lower this year than his freshman year--he had only 3 fewer HRs. In my opinion, he'd be crazy to return. Absolutely, he might could improve on those numbers--he definitely is capable. But, as a senior he would have no leverage. Sounds like he's already decided what's best for him. Good luck, Jericho.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I really torn on this one -

My favorite team drafts my favorite player -

I really want to see Jericho in a Cubs uni one day in the bigs, but I'm also selfish enough to want him back in a Dawg's uniform next year....

But, Jericho is one of those unique individuals who is going to be successful in whatever he chooses - whether its baseball or the board room - so all I can do is wish he luck -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I really torn on this one -

My favorite team drafts my favorite player -

I really want to see Jericho in a Cubs uni one day in the bigs, but I'm also selfish enough to want him back in a Dawg's uniform next year....

But, Jericho is one of those unique individuals who is going to be successful in whatever he chooses - whether its baseball or the board room - so all I can do is wish he luck -

Hey Dwayne! Remember me mentioning Ty Wright , who's dad Larry played on those great Terry Bradshaw teams? He's the kid I tauted years ago for us to go after. OKSt grabbed him up and he was runner up for Big12 Freshman of the year. He played very well his next 2 as well. He was drafted by the Cubs last year. He is working his way up the system at a nice pace.

Here is an update on Jericho......He flew to Phoenix on Sunday and went on to the spring training site of the Cubs in Mesa,Arizona. He signed his contract and got settled.Today he was checked out by two doctors and gets some blood work done tomorrow.Evidentally they check each player thoroughly because the club can void the contract if a medical problem is discovered within 30 days of signing the contract.He doesn't know if he will start the season there in Mesa and play for the AZL Cubs or if he'll be shipped up to Boise,Idaho to play for the Hawks.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I truly wish him the best and I know that he will be successful -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog honker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the rough

I heard from a former player that he got a call in the 3rd, maybe 4th round to be drafted as a pitcher. I dont blame him for doing what he wants to do but dang that has to be tough to pass up the money. He couldve been the next Rick Ankiel.

+ Reply to Thread