+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Government Planned 9/11 ??

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Re: U.S. Government Planned 9/11 ??

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    That is MY point. If there were WMDs in Iraq, we would be hearing all about it. There weren't. The reason we are still in Iraq is that Bush has too big an ego to admit that he broke humpty dumpty and we cannot put it back together. He is doing his damdest to make sure he doesn't leave a legacy of failure.
    If Bush knew there were no WMDs why did he claim there were such WNDs when such a claim would backfire when it was proven false?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

How close are we to meeting the benchmarks?
    Much closer than a year ago and much closer than if we would have pulled the troops out ala Kerry/Osama Bama and others.

The Iraqis are securing their country, their government is functioning, and our troops will be coming home throughout President McCain's first term.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    If Bush knew there were no WMDs why did he claim there were such WNDs when such a claim would backfire when it was proven false?
    Because he had to do it to build the political capital he would need to go after Saddam. Damn the torpedoes!
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Much closer than a year ago and much closer than if we would have pulled the troops out ala Kerry/Osama Bama and others.

The Iraqis are securing their country, their government is functioning, and our troops will be coming home throughout President McCain's first term.
    Horseshoes and handgrenades. Too bad so many Americans had to die for Bush's arrogance.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Horseshoes and handgrenades.

BS. Progress is happening every day. No one can deny that.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Uh, WMDs were found in Iraq. Burried cashes of biological warheads, burried aircraft, and stockpiles of guns and munitions have been found over the past 4 years. Sure, nuke silos/warheads/ missles were not found, but facilities were found with trace material used in the processing of radioactive material. Most of these stories were not reported, or if they were, they were quickly dissmissed as not being WMDs.

BS. Progress is happening every day. No one can deny that.
    It is hard to be excited about short term progress of a country that is essentially being held together by military rule when you know what the long term outcome is bound to be.

It is hard to be excited about short term progress of a country that is essentially being held together by military rule when you know what the long term outcome is bound to be.

Well, we know what the outcome WILL be if the troops are pulled too soon.

Well, we know what the outcome WILL be if the troops are pulled too soon.
    Less American deaths than if they stay in longer. That is the only certain thing.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    mildawg, I've thought the same thing a long time ago as to how easy it could have been to "produce" these caches of weapons. But then it occured to me that even if we did legitimately find some wmds, there would be those out there who are so set on bashing Pres. Bush that they would have claimed we planted them anyway. So, I really don't think he would have saved any headaches anyway.
    That is logical and very well probably true. Why risk planting evidence that people will dismiss as further deceit on the part of the administration? Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    That is logical and very well probably true. Why risk planting evidence that people will dismiss as further deceit on the part of the administration? Good point.
    Step away from the tin foil.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

That is MY point. If there were WMDs in Iraq, we would be hearing all about it. There weren't. The reason we are still in Iraq is that Bush has too big an ego to admit that he broke humpty dumpty and we cannot put it back together. He is doing his damdest to make sure he doesn't leave a legacy of failure.
    But that gets back to my original question -- how hard would it have been to plant WMDs in Iraq to justify the invasion? It would have been easy -- something our government could have done with little trouble and something that might have diverted much of the last 5 year's anti-American rhetoric.

The reason we are still in Iraq is not because of Bush's ego -- he and many in the government have readily admitted that we didn't find the WMDs that we believed existed. There are many reasons for that, but the fact remains that they have not been found. HOWEVER, we are not still there because of some Bush ego-trip.

You are correct that we are still there because we "broke humpty dumpty." We have to stay until humpty is put back together or until he is capable of self-repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisso3 View Post
    Uh, WMDs were found in Iraq. Burried cashes of biological warheads, burried aircraft, and stockpiles of guns and munitions have been found over the past 4 years. Sure, nuke silos/warheads/ missles were not found, but facilities were found with trace material used in the processing of radioactive material. Most of these stories were not reported, or if they were, they were quickly dissmissed as not being WMDs.

I have heard the same but didn't want to mention it because I have no proof. I work with many people who are routinely in Iraq or who have been there as part of their military duties. Many will readily tell you that WMD caches have been found but are generally not reported outside of military channels. I'm not sure I believe a lot of these stories, but they could be true... I don't know. If I were Bush, I'd be singing like a canary about anything we found that could be construed as WMD.

Step away from the tin foil.
    That's the best you can offer? And why would you make a comment like that about my reply to dirty? Is it beyond comprehension that Bush would refuse to plant WMD evidence because he knew that it would be dismissed? Seems as though that would fit in line with your illogical assumptions about Bush and the Iraq war.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    I have heard the same but didn't want to mention it because I have no proof. I work with many people who are routinely in Iraq or who have been there as part of their military duties. Many will readily tell you that WMD caches have been found but are generally not reported outside of military channels. I'm not sure I believe a lot of these stories, but they could be true... I don't know. If I were Bush, I'd be singing like a canary about anything we found that could be construed as WMD.
    I have heard these stories from those who have been over there, and by the few news outlets that have actually reported the findings. When the Administration did bring up the bio-warheads being found, the liberals in the media reported the story as not WMDs, just old missles used back when Saddam attacked the Kerds.

+ Reply to Thread