+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have you seen Bird's eye view on MSN Maps

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

Have you seen Bird's eye view on MSN Maps

When I am going somewhere, I generally use Google maps to look at it from the air. Sometimes those views are dated a few years behind though.

I went to MSN Maps and was looking and realized that they have a feature called Bird's Eye view. It is not enabled everywhere but Ruston is one place where you can see it. You can see campus from the vantage point of what is probably a cessna flying at about 3000 ft. the pictures are before the Biomed building though.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Re: Have you seen Bird's eye view on MSN Maps

yeah, i saw this a couple weeks ago and noticed that the fly-over was done before any construction had started. I'm guessing it was done last Spring? Just judging by how the practace field looks...

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

I got addicted to that site a couple of years ago. I found my truck parked at my house in the grass, probly after a night at the dirty stick or somethin.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poisso3 View Post
    yeah, i saw this a couple weeks ago and noticed that the fly-over was done before any construction had started. I'm guessing it was done last Spring? Just judging by how the practace field looks...
    actually it was taken two-three years ago. Notice no field turf.

One thing I want to know is why MSN have Ruston as birdseye, but no shreveport or monroe

I guess we are more elite

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    actually it was taken two-three years ago. Notice no field turf.

One thing I want to know is why MSN have Ruston as birdseye, but no shreveport or monroe

I guess we are more elite

Yeah, and they still had a parking lot where the Biomed Building is now.

I wonder what it would take to get a Google street view of Ruston and Tech. That would be an advantage. They use a car with some camera contraption strapped to the hood.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garddawg View Post
    Yeah, and they still had a parking lot where the Biomed Building is now.

I wonder what it would take to get a Google street view of Ruston and Tech. That would be an advantage. They use a car with some camera contraption strapped to the hood.
    I saw a Google camera car in Monroe a few months back. I wonder if he made it to Ruston?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

speaking of aerial views, i was looking at google earth just now and noticed hundreds of square-shaped clearings spread across northwest louisiana, starting just west of lake bistineau and snaking through the hills in a band about 4 miles wide to a point just north of chatham. each clearing is about 4 acres and a perfect square. 2/3 of each clearing appears to be paved, and the other 1/3 is usually grass or dirt, but sometimes a small pond. the paved areas sometimes contain what looks like buildings, tanks, and silos, but most of the time they are empty. anyone got any idea what these are?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Yeah i see it, not sure what they are...they are everywhere.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

i think they are oil related

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Probably an oil and/or gas field. Those are the old drilling pads and mud pits, now production pads and equipment.

Varsity Bulldog bayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nice

Those are the infamous Vernon gas wells located in Jackson Parish. You should drive through the St. Rest Community near Quitman. Once dirt poor, those folks are putting up some nice homes and driving nice rides.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bayouboyz View Post
    Those are the infamous Vernon gas wells located in Jackson Parish. You should drive through the St. Rest Community near Quitman. Once dirt poor, those folks are putting up some nice homes and driving nice rides.
    Ya'll beat me to the punch, yes they are gas wells, my company actually just opened a stock point to supply chemical to them in Vernon (we call it the Ruston stockpoint though).

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

You can take 148 over to 146 right there where is says Vernon, go south on 146 for about 200ft, then turn left. That'll put you in Eros in about 7 minutes, of course that's doing 80 down a dirt road, but still quick.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Have you seen the new feature on Google maps.

You type in a location (only in big cities for now), and you click the street camera button. You can see a 360 degree picture in EVERY DIRECTION of the road buildings etc, it is insane. Can you imagine how much data must be stored??? Unreal!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=14112864998302955726,40.756 100,-73.986568&saddr=4+Times+Square+Plz,+New+York,+NY+1 0036+(Times+Square)&daddr=New+York,+New+York&mra=p e&mrcr=0&sll=40.71453,-74.00713&sspn=0.697405,1.203003&ie=UTF8&ll=40.7779 42,-73.997383&spn=0.087093,0.150375&t=h&z=13

Times Square! Click on the camera button on the top left.

Now this is COOL!

+ Reply to Thread