+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This is how you "Turn back the clock"

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

This is how you "Turn back the clock"

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=chc

Cubs - Braves game will be broadcast in black and white (with limited camera angles), players and broadcasters will wear 1948 attire. Fans attending the game are encouraged to join in dressing in 1948-style attire. The ballpark experience will have a classic feel, from music to scorecards to ingame and postgame activities. For the first hour after gates open, Kelly Eisenberg smokey links make a return for $1 a piece and select vendors will sell drinks in the stands for 75 cents.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: This is how you "Turn back the clock"

That's awesome.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Game is at 1:20 CT today on WGN, by the way.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Got it Tivo'ed!

Even though the Braves lost (that happens when you have 1 good starter and zero bullpen), that was a pretty cool game. I thought the camera angles were a little annoying though, I'm spoiled by 21st century camera work! I think the Braves need to wear those stirrups all the time.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=chc

Cubs - Braves game will be broadcast in black and white (with limited camera angles), players and broadcasters will wear 1948 attire. Fans attending the game are encouraged to join in dressing in 1948-style attire. The ballpark experience will have a classic feel, from music to scorecards to ingame and postgame activities. For the first hour after gates open, Kelly Eisenberg smokey links make a return for $1 a piece and select vendors will sell drinks in the stands for 75 cents.
    I wonder if the male fans will wear suits and ties with hats?

HD

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    Even though the Braves lost (that happens when you have 1 good starter and zero bullpen), that was a pretty cool game. I thought the camera angles were a little annoying though, I'm spoiled by 21st century camera work! I think the Braves need to wear those stirrups all the time.

No kidding, I'm sooo glad that we have a camera in center field to see the pitching. Another great win for the Cubs.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

I have seen several college baseball programs in the past few years have turn-back-the-clock games and I have thought this could be a good thing for Tech to do. I actually had thought about Tech honoring Gravy in the first game of next season by the team wearing throwbacks to his first year with the baseball team (1954?) or as coach (1968). The uniforms could be auctioned off after the game and the money go to helping support the team.

+ Reply to Thread