+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Happening

Varsity Bulldog bigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the rough

The Happening

So I saw The Happening last night. I was not impressed. The acting was TERRIBLE. I came in thinking the movie was going to be good cause it was a M. Knight Shamylan movie. I wasted $7.00. It wasn't worth it. It was proally one of Mark Wahlberg's worst movies. Just thought I would throw a little review out there

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: The Happening

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg18 View Post
    So I saw The Happening last night. I was not impressed. The acting was TERRIBLE. I came in thinking the movie was going to be good cause it was a M. Knight Shamylan movie. I wasted $7.00. It wasn't worth it. It was proally one of Mark Wahlberg's worst movies. Just thought I would throw a little review out there
    You went to a movie last night? It must have been very late.

Varsity Bulldog bigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Yeah the midnight showing.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Yeah the midnight showing.
    My father frequently said, "Nothing good happens after midnight." I guess that applies to movies too.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

you should've read this particular review...would have saved you $7.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37073

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

Wish I had read this yesterday. You are being to kind in your evaluation of "The Happening". It wasn't just terrible, it SUCKED. I'm more upset over the wasted time than the $5.00 I lost. No plot, no resolution, no acting. This is Shamylan's worst. If you want to know why everyone was killing themselves it was so they could get out of this sorry excuse for a movie. Shamylan should have stopped at the Sixth Sense and I'd still have some respect for him as a writer/director.

As for Wahlberg, he must have been paid a large sum of money to star in this film. I'll definitely think twice about going to see anything that he's in.

I'm trying to figure out if this is the worst movie I've ever paid to see. Wahlberg was also in the other that I truly hated, "The Perfect Storm". I cheered when the ship finally sank so the movie could end and I could go home.

Save your money on this one.

Varsity Bulldog hachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her game hachiman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    haha

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

agreed... the movie sucked, and I spent $9! (WA is expensive!). I must admit though, the scenes with everyone killing themselves, and the scenes with the private, was hilarious to me.

Shyamalan has ran out of ideas. This movie lines up almost exactly with Signs, The Village, and Lady in the Water...

Puppy LaTech.Pike seems to have something between the earsLaTech.Pike seems to have something between the earsLaTech.Pike seems to have something between the earsLaTech.Pike seems to have something between the earsLaTech.Pike seems to have something between the earsLaTech.Pike seems to have something between the earsLaTech.Pike seems to have something between the ears

It was horrible, waste of money

Varsity Bulldog jojobeans120 is on top of his/her gamejojobeans120 is on top of his/her gamejojobeans120 is on top of his/her gamejojobeans120 is on top of his/her gamejojobeans120 is on top of his/her gamejojobeans120 is on top of his/her gamejojobeans120 is on top of his/her gamejojobeans120 is on top of his/her gamejojobeans120 is on top of his/her gamejojobeans120 is on top of his/her gamejojobeans120 is on top of his/her game

wow, I'm glad that I read this one before we wasted the money on it.....

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

If you saw the previews you saw the movie. Kept waiting for a twist . . . it aint happenin

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Sixth Sense was great. Unbreakable was good. Signs was meh. Didnt see The Village, but figured out the twist after seeing the trailer once. Didnt see Lady in the Water, heard it blew. Probably wont see The Happening. Made my decision 20 seconds into the trialer when the train conductor says "We've lost contact" and Marky Mark says "with whom??" I mean really? 'Whom' ? Who says that anymore, especially in a moment of crisis and panic?
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    Made my decision 20 seconds into the trialer when the train conductor says "We've lost contact" and Marky Mark says "with whom??" I mean really? 'Whom' ? Who says that anymore, especially in a moment of crisis and panic?
    Fair enough.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Gotta disagree with everyone...another great film from a great filmmaker...

Loved the premise and the dialogue facts within of such events occurring around the world...controlled scenes of horrific proportions, laughter, and thought...a more simplistic approach to the characters, except for the hero who carries one of many underlying themes beyond this post 9/11 approach...

But once again, this film is gonna alienate a lot of people who don't quite get his POV...

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechSupporter11 View Post
    Gotta disagree with everyone...another great film from a great filmmaker...

Loved the premise and the dialogue facts within of such events occurring around the world...controlled scenes of horrific proportions, laughter, and thought...a more simplistic approach to the characters, except for the hero who carries one of many underlying themes beyond this post 9/11 approach...

But once again, this film is gonna alienate a lot of people who don't quite get his POV...
    You sure do love you some MNS

+ Reply to Thread