+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kansas RockChaulk previews Tech FB

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Kansas RockChaulk previews Tech FB

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: Kansas RockChaulk previews Tech FB

A Kansuck fan saying that Louisiana Tech is "not the most tradition-filled of football programs"... As if they are! lol

Let's see how much this guy crawfishes from this "preview" after the Tech - Mississippi St game. I'll bet it swings to "Louisiana Tech is no pushover, they are a good team".

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

He lists the miss state game as in Starkville

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

He obviously knows nothing about Tech and needs to stick to what he knows - wheat and corn. Started in 1925? try 1901. We play MSU in Ruston, and how can you leave out Fred Dean, Willie Roaf, Tim Rattay, Ryan Moats, Matt Stover, Josh Scobee, and Luke McCown (plus about 30 more) as NFLers. Idiot. If all people know are Terry Bradshaw, their opinion doesn't matter. You don't have to be a college or NFL nut to know more than that.

I don't know if we'll beat them, I do know they'll have a down year (7 wins or so, I bet) and we CAN beat them.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

pity the fool. this guy doesn't know much about college football history, does he? where did he get 1925? where did he get "started out as 1-aa"? and he can't even look at the schedule for an extra second or two to figure out where the games are being played?

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Not one response from any of their own fans. I wouldn't pay to much attention to this guy.

Puppy rockchalktalk has turned a few heads around hererockchalktalk has turned a few heads around here

Sorry for the pretty-bad first post, most of those stats I had no business getting wrong, especially the whole Mississippi State mess. As far as the year the program was started, I found a website [http://sports.mariah95.com/wacalltimefootball.htm] (a poor one, obviously) that didn't have any records of LaTech football prior to 1925, and so I assumed (wrongly, obviously) that the program was birthed then.

I am really looking forward to the game between the two schools, I think it will be a pretty close game, with Kansas' homefield advantage and talent advantage pulling through sometime in the second half. Still, Patrick Jackson is already giving me butterflies, even though our strength last year was against the run.

Hopefully you will read through my offensive and defensive previews of the Bulldogs, and let me know (either through the blog or here, I will try and check this place out periodically up until game time in September) all of the mistakes I am bound to make. While the mistakes in the first post were inexcusable, mistakes made in these posts are, hopefully, more understandable considering the amounts of guess work required. In any case, I just wanted to come over here and apologize for the mistakes, and hope that you guys will try and correct me and/or enlighten me on any other LaTech players who will see some major action in our game against each other.

Offensive Preview: http://www.rockchalktalk.com/2008/6/...ch-week-offens
    Defensive Preview: http://www.rockchalktalk.com/2008/6/...ch-week-defens

Thanks again...

Rock Chalk Talk

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockchalktalk View Post
    Sorry for the pretty-bad first post, most of those stats I had no business getting wrong, especially the whole Mississippi State mess. As far as the year the program was started, I found a website [http://sports.mariah95.com/wacalltimefootball.htm] (a poor one, obviously) that didn't have any records of LaTech football prior to 1925, and so I assumed (wrongly, obviously) that the program was birthed then.

I am really looking forward to the game between the two schools, I think it will be a pretty close game, with Kansas' homefield advantage and talent advantage pulling through sometime in the second half. Still, Patrick Jackson is already giving me butterflies, even though our strength last year was against the run.

Hopefully you will read through my offensive and defensive previews of the Bulldogs, and let me know (either through the blog or here, I will try and check this place out periodically up until game time in September) all of the mistakes I am bound to make. While the mistakes in the first post were inexcusable, mistakes made in these posts are, hopefully, more understandable considering the amounts of guess work required. In any case, I just wanted to come over here and apologize for the mistakes, and hope that you guys will try and correct me and/or enlighten me on any other LaTech players who will see some major action in our game against each other.

Thanks again...

Rock Chalk Talk
    Thanks for the classy rebuttal, RCT. Good luck to you guys this season, except against us.

Please feel free to stick around, and certainly drop by during game week. Lots of intelligent conversation around these parts.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Welcome

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Thanks again...

Rock Chalk Talk
    http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data...team_index.php

Don't know if you've seen that site, but it has tons of info on every team in NCAA and even some NAIA, it is one of my favorite sites.

Puppy rockchalktalk has turned a few heads around hererockchalktalk has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data...team_index.php

Don't know if you've seen that site, but it has tons of info on every team in NCAA and even some NAIA, it is one of my favorite sites.
    Wow, thanks. That will be a key resource in my previews for all of the upcoming games on the schedule.

I just briefly skimmed through it, but it seems to have everything and more you would ever need.

Thanks, again.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Defense you leave off Melancon who will be a starting DT (more than likely). Also at corner Terry Carter, safety Tarence Calais, and DE Matt Broha. One more I can think of is Zach Schreiber a linebacker transfer from Alabama. Oh yea keep an eye on Dominique Faust. As a true freshman last year, he lead the nation in blocked kicks. As far as our defensive rank keep in mind that we ranked 91 after playing LSU, Cal, Hawaii, and Boise. The depth we now have would have made our defenses look a lot better (as in all of these games they pulled away later).

Offense the big one is Cruz Williams. He transferred/switched commits recently and according to sources should be able to play next season. William Griffin and Myke Compton are our 3rd and 4th string runningbacks. We have a lot of talent there. Just no clearcut go to guy right now. Offensive line we have the most experienced 4 sophomore starters you have ever seen. Lon Roberts is the anchor at center. Miles and Mcgil (former tightend) both saw starting action at the end of the season (especially against LSU). Accardo was a starter until his injury which ended his season. You pretty much got our line exactly right though.
    RT-McGil
    RG-Miles
    C-Robert
    LG-Accardo
    LT-Harmon

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

RCT you are a classly guy and welcome on our board anytime. It is too bad that we are playing you'll now that you have a real football team in Jayhawk land - good luck next season.

Big Dog barkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Thanks again...

Rock Chalk Talk

Aside from the few careless errors, your summary was an honest one. I'm sure your team will blast us this year as we couldn't even beat yall when you were horrible, but I still look forward to watching the game. Good luck this year and win your conference. You had no business in a BCS game last year and I'm sure the BCS boys won't make the same mistake.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I dont even know why we are going to Kansas to play, we dont stand a chance. You heard it first from BIL himself. If you need any more info on LaTech sports, just contact BIL, he's our inside source.

+ Reply to Thread