+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruston Eating Places

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Ruston Eating Places

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    But we still have a Johnny's. It's on Tech Drive next to the Quizno's. The Sweep the Kitchen is the zenith of pizza!!!!
    What the News-Star is to local news (nlulm homers) Johnnys is to Pizza (also nlulm homers)

Papa Johns...Offcial Sponsor of Tech Athletics!

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Johnny's is to pizza what Leon Barmore is to Womens Basketball. The best of the best!

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    What the News-Star is to local news (nlulm homers) Johnnys is to Pizza (also nlulm homers)

Papa Johns...Offcial Sponsor of Tech Athletics!
    Sorry Maddawg. Papa John's may be the official sponsor...but I think they use fake cheese. That stuff don't look right to me.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Sorry Maddawg. Papa John's may be the official sponsor...but I think they use fake cheese. That stuff don't look right to me.
    Hope you enjoy your "real cheese" at Johnny's. I've got the visual of you nibbling on your pizza while secretly reading one of their many copies of TNS.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Hope you enjoy your "real cheese" at Johnny's. I've got the visual of you nibbling on your pizza while secretly reading one of their many copies of TNS.
    Damn. I've been caught!

Varsity Bulldog latech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nice latech80's Avatar

Can anybody tell me what a bag of Ruston Blend at Starbucks cost? I wonder if they ship coffee from the Ruston location?

Varsity Bulldog latech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nice latech80's Avatar

This Thanksgiving, my sister (who happens to be a Tech alumna) brought me a bag of Ruston Blend coffee from the Ruston Starbucks. Attached to the bag was a seal with a depiction of the Dixie Theater on it. The sight of that venue brought back a lot of memories, let me tell you. Back in the late 70's, I attended a number of music performances there, most of them put on by locals. One of the funniest comedians I ever heard was Chris Smith, Dr. Lawrence Smith's son (Dr. Smith was an economics professor at LTU). I think his brother, who got a PhD in Business is now an accounting professor at Texas Tech (I think).

For his disability, Chris was one of the most talented people I have met. During our accounting classes, he would draw scenes featuring our teachers that would force us to laugh out loud during class. He was truly a unique person.

So, does anyone have memories of the Dixie they care to share?

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

while we were in Ruston for Thanksgiving, I made sure we hit Griff's! The last time I had that monsterously-huge cheeseburger was 1999...I did notice that they no longer had fried mushrooms...

The burger was just as I remembered it, so were the fries. My wife is still mad at me for ordering the tripple...

Oh, and I got my Johnny's fix in while in town too! My wife loves Johnny's pizza and she's a NYC girl born and raised!

Griff's did (and still does, from what I hear) good cheeseburgers, particularly their double. I always got a healthy (or is it "unhealthy") dose of french fries, and topped it off with a chocolate malt/milk shake. When I was there, the fried mushrooms were a favorite of all the coeds, followed closely by their onion rings.

BTW, do they still have their 25-cent hamburger special? LOL!!!

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Does anyone know what is moving into the Cicero's and Tia Maria's buildings?

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

havent heard mentechsters, but nothing has ever made it in the cicero's location.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

and i really liked ciceros...I think it will be a sandwhich shop.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    havent heard mentechsters, but nothing has ever made it in the cicero's location.
    not having very much parking for partons doesn't help...

Does anyone remember what it was before it was a bakery?

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

i cant remember everything that has been there, but Sutton's was there...pie works....cicero's and i know im forgetting some others

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    i cant remember everything that has been there, but Sutton's was there...pie works....cicero's and i know im forgetting some others
    Wasnt that were Brother John's was, they had some kick a$$ blueberry cobbler and ice cream, but you knew it was doomed.

+ Reply to Thread