+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruston Eating Places

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Re: Ruston Eating Places

Quote Originally Posted by latech80 View Post
    Okay folks, I'm waxing nostalgic at the moment. Does anybody remember going to Kelly's (or is it Kelley's?) over around Columbia to get frozen mixed drinks? I had my first taste of rice boudin over there, and it wasn't that bad! Back in the mid-70's, the only place you could get hard liquor was Grambling. What about Tonga Island over in Monroe? Is it still open?

Is Port-au-Prince restaurant still open? Some of the best seafood around was to be found there.

Did I miss anything?
    We thought we were all grown up driving out to Kelly's to get a frozen drink. I loved that place. And they had really good hamburgers and curly fries too. I was just thinking about how much fun we had riding out to Kelly's. I had a little blue volkswagen and we just zipped around all over the place.
    The Tonga is gone. The old mall doesn't have any stores open in it anymore...that all closed a long time ago. We thought we were all exotic when we fell up in the Tonga. Good times, good times.

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

Sarah's was dang good....Wish it was still open, but Blue Light is just as good.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    Sarah's was dang good....Wish it was still open, but Blue Light is just as good.
    Not only was Sarah a great cook, she is a world renowned artist of primitive paintings. Some sell in the tens of thousands.

http://www.louisianafolklife.org/LT/...t_albri_k.html

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

Kelley's kitchen was a great place to eat. They also had some good crawfish. The Wil-Mart is still sirving the best (and strongest) frozen drink in the south.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    Kelley's kitchen was a great place to eat. They also had some good crawfish. The Wil-Mart is still sirving the best (and strongest) frozen drink in the south.
    Ohhhhhhhhh the trips to WilMart........... Good times! I remember them letting me have a taster of every single frozen drink one time, before I ordered a large Peach one. Wow! We always made sure we had a driver without a drink, though, because the cops would patrol that road heavily. We would save the driver's drink in the trunk and he would catch up soon after we returned. I remember T Inn being some fun too. There were some great parties out there. we rented it for my going away party when I moved to Lubbock for a while. Talk about a night that I can't really remember.......

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

I'm just glad to hear Griff's is still there.
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    I'm just glad to hear Griff's is still there.

For purely nostalgic reasons, I hope.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Griff's does a great job. They listen to their customers and alter their product according to their customers' needs and wants.

For example: I heard they now give away a free toilet with every meal purchased in the drive-thru, in case you don't make it to your destination in time.

Varsity Bulldog bigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the rough

I like their shakes, when the machine is working. Half the time it isn't working. Whenever I want one, almost 90% of the time it is broken. It pisses me off

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg18 View Post
    I like their shakes, when the machine is working. Half the time it isn't working. Whenever I want one, almost 90% of the time it is broken. It pisses me off
    I get the same from McDonalds and Burger King. The best shake I've ever had, though, is from Chee Burger Chee Burger. It's almost like drinking ice cream. Don't like their burgers but love the shakes.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    Really? I had no idea. I'm riding out there tomorrow to get a Peach Daquiri.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Really? I had no idea. I'm riding out there tomorrow to get a Peach Daquiri.
    Sounds like a roadtrip for you and Vette at some of the tailgates this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Sounds like a roadtrip for you and Vette at some of the tailgates this year.
    I do believe it does. That needs to happen for sure! Don't you think both of us together - on the loose - might be too dangerous though? :icon_wink:

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Their triple cheeseburger combo was 30 cents cheaper than the double cheeseburger combo for three years.

Thank god I had a group of friends who enjoyed playing football and ultimate frisbee often, because between Griff's and 49 cent Taco Sundays at Taco Bell, I could have easily put on 50 pounds while I was at Tech. :-P
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Sweet Pea's has some good groceries. Too bad Bee's went to pot after Ms. Bee died and Russell's bought the restaurant.

+ Reply to Thread