+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor about LaTech/MSU game....

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Re: Rumor about LaTech/MSU game....

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    I've been curious about that. If ticket sales go over 30,000, have they indicated they are willing to sell general admission tickets for the hill?
    If it were me, I would sell tickets to everyone who wants one on gameday & then tell them to find a place to sit or stand----especially if they were wearing LA TECH BLUE!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    It's going to take more than just people from "this town" (Ruston). There is barely enough Tech football fans of age to fill up one side of JAS in our town. It's REALLY going to take our student body showing up in large numbers along with many Tech fans from "other towns" nearby.
    And not so nearby.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

I'm not saying people SHOULDNT get tickets early im just saying they are not used to having to.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    I've been curious about that. If ticket sales go over 30,000, have they indicated they are willing to sell general admission tickets for the hill?

Yes, the hill will accomodate overflow.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    I'm not saying people SHOULDNT get tickets early im just saying they are not used to having to.
    You are exactly right Bluecrew. That is what worries me and I posted it in another thread to. Many locals are used to just walking up at the last minute and getting some nice prime seats. To be honest, throw in some of my relatives as well so I know this happens. The relatives are luckily covered because I will have a couple extra seats but that big line I always see form at the ticket booth before the game is going to be in for a shock.

If your broadcast can get an interview with Adam or Coach Dooley to spell it out in simple terms that they need to buy ASAP please do. I do not want to be on national TV surrounded in a sea of maroon. This is one of our few chances to make a statement of commitment to athletics and it really matters. We need to represent the school in this one game like none we have ever done before. I also want Coach Dooley or Adam on the local news outlets as cover story and making the pitch that Coach Dooley does so well.

Coach Dooley has done his part getting us a good team to field and now we need to do our part and pack the stadium in blue for him. We will see how it goes but maybe we need to have some areas in the end zone to put any overflow. I hope that is a problem we have to deal with. Even for those late comers I would like to squeeze them in anywhere we can fit them. We might need to have the team shop at the stadium have some chairs or seat cushions for sale in case they end up in the grassy areas on either side of hill or if they are doing any giveaways have those available.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

What I don't understand is why we have new season tickets go on sale, and then almost immediately after that, decide to sell single tickets for the MSU game.... I know we all hate LSU, but I've been to a few of their games in my day and I don't recall them doing it that way, so as to not only capitalize on as many season tickets as possible first, but to keep crap like this from happening. They don't want TONS of MSU fans in their stadium just as much as we don't. It's just a thought... I think we should close the sales of these single tickets until it's at least SOMEWHAT closer to gameday. I realize most folks aren't used to getting stuff ahead of time, but maybe we should wean them a little even by not dropping this 3 month bomb on them. Oh well, my blue-shirt-wearing arse will be there with my girlfriend and my buddy coming in from Hattiesburg.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECHAJUN View Post
    Z 107.5..the Peach 99.3 and ESPN 97.7 have been running commecials featuring Coach Dooley since March and continues as I write...they added Leah Beasley's commercial to rotation this month..
    To date approx $10,000 worth of commercials have run on all 3 of our stations since March...take into consideration during March April and May approx $8,000 more was used for the WAC tournament featuring commercials from Dr. R ..Dave Nitz..Coach Sim...Mayor Hollingsworth etc..

Right now thru August another $6 to $8000 will be run or more featuring Coach Dooley..Leah and we are scheduled to have former athletes and city leaders and Tech adm on the commercials..

this area has never been a "get reservations or tickets in advance"...it doesn't matter if Willie Nelson or Charlie Danials or Gary ALLAN OR Pat Green or Dwight Yokem or whoever came to Rabbs---people around here just think they can walk up on the night of or day of and buy their tickets...
    It is changing a little for the better...some shows and events are selling out and people are realizing they need to reserve in advance...

We will pound away with commercials and with live updates and reminders .....
    I don't think it will be a priority for most until the first or second week of August...
    but we're pushing..
    Thanks for listening
    Ed
    Any S'port stations?

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

At least you can walk across the Tech campus without stepping in cowshit, unlike on the MSU campus.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Any S'port stations?
    I haven't heard any, but I don't listen to a lot of commercials.

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Any S'port stations?
    Don't have any idea...we don't PLACE advertising for La Tech on any other stations but our own....it is not our responsibilty....A.D. office at Tech would be in charge of doing that on an in-kind or cash basis.
    If we get a request to send our commercials to other stations by La Tech we always will..

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Don't have any idea...we don't PLACE advertising for La Tech on any other stations but our own....it is not our responsibilty....A.D. office at Tech would be in charge of doing that on an in-kind or cash basis.
    If we get a request to send our commercials to other stations by La Tech we always will..

Our companys radio time on a national basis securing spots in several markets at once. Is there such an opportunity in the Ark-La-Miss or Ark-La-Tex?

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Our companys radio time on a national basis securing spots in several markets at once. Is there such an opportunity in the Ark-La-Miss or Ark-La-Tex?
    I would imagine your company has a central advertising agency that places media buys throughout a region at different radio/tv/newspaper outlets...
    the key word there was "advertising agency" with media buyers account managers etc etc..

La Tech is in the process of talking to national firms that specialize in athletics and the promotion and marketing of those schools on a regional area basis. These firms are "ALL OR NONE" when it comes to marketing the schools...
    LOTS of new directions on the horizon for Tech...
    Patience has never been one of my virtues but neither has complacency...

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

La Tech is in the process of talking to national firms that specialize in athletics and the promotion and marketing of those schools on a regional area basis. These firms are "ALL OR NONE" when it comes to marketing the schools...
    LOTS of new directions on the horizon for Tech...
    Patience has never been one of my virtues but neither has complacency...
    are we teaming up with ISP Sports
    http://www.ispsports.com/

Most of CUSA teams are with them
    Partners map - http://www.ispsports.com/partner-map.cfm

They also partner the Sun Belt...

I think there are several firms that the A.D. office is in discussions with

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

This also goes back to the point that you have to get SEASON TICKET MATERIAL into the hands of new individuals -

From what I'm been told this did NOT happen this year - season ticket apps went to the same individuals as in the past....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread