+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best song that most people have never heard

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Re: best song that most people have never heard

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    Better than Ezra: Sincerely, Me

I'd never heard of the band before they came to Tech a couple years ago.
    Found it on youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4Lo9SdA5Z-w

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I have already posted it on the "what are you listening to thread", but "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3" by Coheed & Cambria is currently my favorite song. The song is epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxowW...eature=related

MAN YOUR OWN JACKHAMMER!
    MAN YOUR BATTLE STATIONS!

The break and return at ~ 5:55 to 7:45 rules. You want to be in the pit when they play this song.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

For what it's worth, the Flyleaf post was an inside joke.

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

Anything by the Reverend Horton Heat. Great rockabilly with an edge of punk.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Another band who probably fits this description is the Zac Brown Band from Atlanta.

I have never seen them in person, but they played at Jazz Fest this year, and I have his album. You can also find them on MySpace.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    it's decent, but the first three songs from friction, baby are better.

"we are young, and not impressed by all you'd recognize..."

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I have already posted it on the "what are you listening to thread", but "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3" by Coheed & Cambria is currently my favorite song. The song is epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxowW...eature=related

MAN YOUR OWN JACKHAMMER!
    MAN YOUR BATTLE STATIONS!

The break and return at ~ 5:55 to 7:45 rules. You want to be in the pit when they play this song.
    that song really does rock. the vocals grate the nerves a bit, but i could probably get used to it. kinda like a heavier rush (only i never could get used to rush's vocals).

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Abandon View Post
    "Blue Jean Blues"
    Great one. Ever hear the Jeff Healey Band version? Pretty good, too.
    Last edited by inudesu; 06-23-2008 at 11:25 AM.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Maybe too many people know her because of the Grammy, but Lucinda Williams's Joy is worth mentioning here. It isn't like it was ever a single on the radio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1B4Q0hugV8

On a mellower note, The Weepies Take it From Me is pretty good. I can think of some other examples from people like Ross King or Nickel and Dime. Maybe Caedmon's Call's The Truth.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Since I am a huge Warren Zevon fan and most people only know "Werewolf's of London" I'll throw in a few of his, "Carmelita" "Hasten Down the Wind" " Desperado's Under the Eaves" "Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner(which was the b-side of Werewolves), one you may have heard "Lawyers Guns and Money".

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Not sure how much airplay it got in its day, but "Achilles Last Stand" is my favorite Zeppelin song.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

+ Reply to Thread