+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OBAMA Plays The Race Card Again!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs Down OBAMA Plays The Race Card Again!

Obama and his Democratic Party are the Race baiters! Always have been and always will be. Heck, BHO even used it against Hillary and Bill successfully. He should just shut up already and run his race.

Obama Suggests GOP Will Use Race to Scare Voters

Barack Obama told a group of Florida donors Friday night that Republicans will try to make voters afraid of him, and suggested they would use his race to scare up votes for John McCain.

But his comments Friday night in Jacksonville, Fla., seemed to reflect elevated concerns that his campaign to be the first black president would run headlong into political race baiters.

“We know what kind of campaign they’re going to run. They’re going to try to make you afraid,” Obama said at the fundraiser. “They’re going to try to make you afraid of me. He’s young and inexperienced and he’s got a funny name. And did I mention he’s black? He’s got a feisty wife.”
    http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06...-scare-voters/

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: OBAMA Plays The Race Card Again!

Emails and web postings have been circulating for months now about Obama's hatred of whites and how he's a Muslim etc...and he simply makes a point that he knows those attacks will continue and that's considered playing the race card? Newsflash--the race card was thrown down a long time ago and it wasn't by Obama. I really wish the Republicans would get off of this line of politicking and stick to the real meat of the election. They will lose if they continue to bring these things up.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Emails and web postings have been circulating for months now about Obama's hatred of whites and how he's a Muslim etc...and he simply makes a point that he knows those attacks will continue and that's considered playing the race card? Newsflash--the race card was thrown down a long time ago and it wasn't by Obama. I really wish the Republicans would get off of this line of politicking and stick to the real meat of the election. They will lose if they continue to bring these things up.
    DD, if you surfed any liberal/dem/ pro-Hillary, which I've done pretty seldom I admit, I think you would find where most of these sprang from early on. Remember the GOP wasn't worried about OBAMA back then. Heck, Hillary barely was but should have been. No, it's the ol Dem/Lib (let's keep the black folks down with food stamps and poor public housing and other gov. programs) guard that went after BHO's race and probably the Clinton mafia as well. But the last few months Obama has been race baiting big time! You can't see what he just did here in this one? The simple accusation that they might and will use race is race baiting in itself.

http://www.reuters.com/article/polit...rpc=22&sp=true

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    DD, if you surfed any liberal/dem/ pro-Hillary, which I've done pretty seldom I admit, I think you would find where most of these sprang from early on. Remember the GOP wasn't worried about OBAMA back then. Heck, Hillary barely was but should have been. No, it's the ol Dem/Lib (let's keep the black folks down with food stamps and poor public housing and other gov. programs) guard that went after BHO's race and probably the Clinton mafia as well. But the last few months Obama has been race baiting big time! You can't see what he just did here in this one? The simple accusation that they might and will use race is race baiting in itself.

http://www.reuters.com/article/polit...rpc=22&sp=true
    It was members of the Democratic Party and Clinton's campaign staff that attacked Barack Obama on race and drug use, not the Republicans.

http://clintonattacksobama.pbwiki.com/Incident+Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    It was members of the Democratic Party and Clinton's campaign staff that attacked Barack Obama on race and drug use, not the Republicans.

http://clintonattacksobama.pbwiki.com/Incident+Tracker
    That's exactly right! And there are hundreds of these type of sites that were active and will probably remain active against OBAMA so Hillary can win in 2012 IMHO. But it still goes back to what others have stated on here before (CARTEK for one) and I agree. The most racist, bigoted folks I have ever run into were Democrats and Liberals at that. Granted I've spent most of my life in the south (Louisiana and Texas) but I have spent a fair amount of time in the heartland of Missouri, Kansas and Colorado as well. It's seems to be the same everywhere. They are only interested in the minorities for their votes and wish to keep them down with empty promises and hooking them for life on the Federal Government's large teat.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 06-21-2008 at 10:50 PM.

BUMP for DB2

Ticker: Obama targets 'white guilt,' says Nader

Nader: Obama 'talking white'
    Posted: 03:47 PM ET

From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
    Nader is taking heat for his latest comments.

(CNN) — Ralph Nader's presidential candidacy has received little media attention, but his latest critique of Barack Obama has come under fire for it's seemingly racial overtones.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

It's about time Hussein Obama is called on the carpet about his continuing to play the race card at every turn.

McCain campaign chief: Obama "played the race card"

LINKS
    McCain campaign accuses Obama of playing race card...
    'He played it from the bottom of the deck'...

Big Dog Dawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to behold Dawgbert's Avatar

Obama used it with Bill Clinton and painted him (of all people) as a racist and it stuck. I am glad McCain is not going to allow himself to be painted into a corner like Clinton. Obama purposely said what he said to get McCain to back down but it backfired on him this time. Hillary should have been a lot smarter than she was and not have taken it.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Yeah, because you guys on this board have NEVER posted anything to make him sound like a scary black person, or scary muslim. But, on the off chance you ever did, its allll ok, because Hillary's team did it first. So when you guys do it on here, it doesnt count! So even though Obama was telling the truth, it doesnt count!
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Big Dog Dawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to behold Dawgbert's Avatar

Obama did it. He was just called on it finally. I knew it would happen sooner or later. Hillary and Obama were going after the same block of voters, McCain isn't so it won't work this time. Hillary had no choice but to back down. McCain doesn't.

Just tired old Jessie Jackson politics.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    That probably isn't the McCain camp putting out those emails. The problem is Obama used the word "they". By using they, he could say that he meant people who start email rumors while really meaning McCain. It was a lame move by Obama. I was aggrivated by their response. The official Obama response was that they wished McCain would stick to the issues. LAME... If you insinuate that your opponent is telling people not to vote for you because you are black, it's ok for him to say that he will do no such thing and that he is offended by it.

I do wish Republicans would stick to the issues, but I also think McCain was right to defend himself in this case.

Just a quick reminder: The infamous Obama race speech where he threw every white member of his family under the bus was not in response to people attacking him for being black. That speech was in response to questions about whether he shared the blatantly racist views of his "mentor" and "spiritual guide". People on the Obama side remember that as the defense of his race, when that is not the case at all.

Varsity Bulldog TechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    The official Obama response was that they wished McCain would stick to the issues. LAME... If you insinuate that your opponent is telling people not to vote for you because you are black, it's ok for him to say that he will do no such thing and that he is offended by it.
    I think Obama's right in saying that all McCain is doing is trying to scare people out of voting for him and not talking about anything that really matters. All of McCain's ads so far have attacked Obama without saying much about McCain. I'm disappointed in McCain for running a dirty campaign, when we repeatedly said he would run an honorable one. I'm not saying Obama handled it perfectly either, but I don't think he really played the race card, just again pointing out that he's not a traditional candidate(including lack of time in washington, publicity, age, views and other things along with race).

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechME View Post
    I think Obama's right in saying that all McCain is doing is trying to scare people out of voting for him and not talking about anything that really matters.
    McCain's attacks on Obama are far different than McCain saying that Obama doesn't "look" like what a president should be.

Varsity Bulldog TechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    McCain's attacks on Obama are far different than McCain saying that Obama doesn't "look" like what a president should be.
    Well, he did kind of say that...running an ad that showed Obama looking more like a pop star than a legitimate candidate. Like I said, I don't think Obama was trying to play up the idea of race, just that he might be different than what people are used to.

+ Reply to Thread