Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
I totally, totally agree with your logic without agreeing with your conclusion. I think where we might disagree is what the above means. In a situation where a mass shooting occurs, I'd rather have the chance to defend myself than only the ability to rely on the police even at the risk of the police engaging me.

JMHO, but the point of CC is NOT to stop or confront a person intent on mass murder. The point is to be able to defend yourself and retreat from the situation (which is different than the situation you are mentioning above).
One topic that most people don't bring up while they debate CC on college campuses is how allowing concealed carry permit holders to carry handguns on campus could protect students from more ordinary crimes other than mass shootings/murders. While the odds of being involved in a mass shooting on a college campus is still low (even in today's environment), students (especially females) have to worry about being attacked, assaulted, or raped while on campus. Students with CC permits would have another way to protect themselves in case the police can't get there in time to help.