+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HB199 Pulled From Consideration

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Re: HB199 Pulled From Consideration

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    As far as studying active shooters, I hope you have studied hours, nay days, more than I have but it doesn't change the argument that it will take precious time for you to respond and identify a shooter. Bobby Tom can do it a whole lot faster.
    You can't guarantee that a student packing heat will be one step closer than a police officer. Nobody knows where or when these events are going to happen. That's a lame excuse for an argument.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    You can't guarantee that a student packing heat will be one step closer than a police officer. Nobody knows where or when these events are going to happen. That's a lame excuse for an argument.

Ok, that's an inaccurate statement.

Are TECH police roaming the halls?

I think not.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post

I think not.
    Not necessarily inaccurate - a shooter who pops up in an FCS or PE class would probably have a better chance of facing unarmed students (with or without available legal permission) than, say, the forestry department, right? Not all students would carry even if they could.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Not necessarily inaccurate - a shooter who pops up in an FCS or PE class would probably have a better chance of facing unarmed students (with or without available legal permission) than, say, the forestry department, right? Not all students would carry even if they could.

Are the police officers located in the gym?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Are the police officers located in the gym?
    I doubt it. But if no one in the gym has a gun, then the next (sane) person to show up at the gym with a gun is probably going to be a police officer.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Alright, maybe we should ask the question differently.

If you were stuck in the same room with an active shooter and he was between you and the door, you're thinking...
    A) I'm glad the police will be here quickly.
    B) I wish I had some means to defend myself.

If there are any other options left out, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I doubt it. But if no one in the gym has a gun, then the next (sane) person to show up at the gym with a gun is probably going to be a police officer.

The guy taking a dump in the locker room can get to his registered handgun quicker than the police can respond.

Universitities should encourage students to obtain concealed weapons permits.

The guy taking a dump in the locker room can get to his registered handgun quicker than the police can respond.

Universitities should encourage students to obtain concealed weapons permits.
    IF he has one. I'm not arguing it is not faster for someone already in location to shoot than a cop around the corner.

I think not.
    I'm not sure if it is good for concealed guns to be allowed on campuses or not (leaning towards not), but all I'm saying is that his argument stands.

Not all students will carry, so you can't guarantee that a student will be closer than a police officer.

Totally accurate statement.

That's all I am trying to say.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    Alright, maybe we should ask the question differently.

If you were stuck in the same room with an active shooter and he was between you and the door, you're thinking...
    A) I'm glad the police will be here quickly.
    B) I wish I had some means to defend myself.

If there are any other options left out, please let me know.
    C) I hope they don't check my underwear.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I think not.
    No. They're giving tickets to people unloading in a handicapped zone.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Why do you think active shooters choose college campuses, high schools, churches, and hospitals for their activities?

The only reason is because they are target rich areas that are GUN FREE zones, which makes it much easier for them to shoot actively!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

I tried to get a concealed carry permit once, but I got a note that there was a little problem holding it up.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Ah. You beat me to it.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Yea, that's all I do all day...watch the U.P. handicapped zones.

Yea, that's all I do all day...watch the U.P. handicapped zones.

You should be hanging out at the Nat. on these bright, sunny days.

+ Reply to Thread