+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ‘I’ve learned my lesson’ says Jindal

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

‘I’ve learned my lesson’ says Jindal

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/21045634.html

So he admits its wrong, but yet for political reasons he won't veto it. Do the right thing Bobby, you are a manager, they get paid to make decisions that are not popular sometimes.

I wish he would feel more pressure. Maybe they needed a raise, but doubling their salary is ridiculous. Who could double their salary right now? Nobody on BBB. Maybe doubling it over the next 4-5 years would have been the thing thing to do, not all at one time.

Jindal is gutless and has lost most of my respect
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

Re: ‘I’ve learned my lesson’ says Jindal

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/21045634.html

So he admits its wrong, but yet for political reasons he won't veto it. Do the right thing Bobby, you are a manager, they get paid to make decisions that are not popular sometimes.

I wish he would feel more pressure. Maybe they needed a raise, but doubling their salary is ridiculous. Who could double their salary right now? Nobody on BBB. Maybe doubling it over the next 4-5 years would have been the thing thing to do, not all at one time.

Jindal is gutless and has lost most of my respect
    I think he is done. He is getting called to the carpet and all he can say is "We will be much tougher next time". Apparently he doesn't have a pair!!!

He will serve his one term and be gone.

RD
    We're gonna miss you dawgpound!

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

What pisses me off is that his platform was built around ethics. He is gutless. He is a true Louisiana politician playing these games, as in not vetoing something that you know is wrong, but won't b/c the legislature will be mean to him.

All that crap that passed about them not getting sports tickets, et . . . . this is making up for it.

Until politicians believe that they are just like you and me, no better, this crap will go on.

Jindal had his chance and blew it.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

www.casadice.com

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

It's too early for him to be done. We may all be pissed now but if things turn around I expect most people will be right back on board. I agree that if he had truly learned his lesson he would go ahead with the veto. I think he learned the wrong lesson. The lesson he learned was watch your back with the legislature, it should have been follow the will of the people.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    The lesson he learned was watch your back with the legislature, it should have been follow the will of the people.
    We have one of those (populists) serving as governer here in Florida, and it has confirmed my belief that following popular opinion results in terrible policy.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    We have one of those (populists) serving as governer here in Florida, and it has confirmed my belief that following popular opinion results in terrible policy.

I understand where you are coming from because in order for us to ever balance our fed budget some very unpopular decisions are going to have to be made. At the same time, this is a government of the people, for the people, etc., so what they think should be weighed heavily. People just need to understand that you cant have everything (nothing could be more evident than our national debt on this issue). The perception is that we are going to pay these guys more money, but chances are we arent going to get better results. If the doulbe pay raise would get them double the results, then it might be more welcomed, but people dont believe that will happen.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I understand where you are coming from because in order for us to ever balance our fed budget some very unpopular decisions are going to have to be made. At the same time, this is a government of the people, for the people, etc., so what they think should be weighed heavily. People just need to understand that you cant have everything (nothing could be more evident than our national debt on this issue). The perception is that we are going to pay these guys more money, but chances are we arent going to get better results. If the doulbe pay raise would get them double the results, then it might be more welcomed, but people dont believe that will happen.
    Things usually work better when those guys work less.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

If McCain offers him Veep, he might want to consider taking it. Because at this point, it seems like he may have just "Roemered" himself.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    If McCain offers him Veep, he might want to consider taking it. Because at this point, it seems like he may have just "Roemered" himself.

The election is 3+ years away. Don't you think Govenor Jindal can redeem himself?

One mistake and 1,000 great accomplishments later, will the voters can him over something he did not do?

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    The election is 3+ years away. Don't you think Govenor Jindal can redeem himself?

One mistake and 1,000 great accomplishments later, will the voters can him over something he did not do?
    Possibly. But whoever runs against him will have a bipartisan issue over which to hammer him. The wound may be healed in that time, but there will still be a scab which can be picked.

Plus, when does EWE get out of prison?

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Things usually work better when those guys work less.
    Sadly true.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    If mccain offers him VP, and he takes it, Louisiana may go Obama.
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    If mccain offers him VP, and he takes it, Louisiana may go Obama.
    McCain could get Bozo the clown as VP and Louisiana would not go Obama, I know you wish that, but dream on.

www.casadice.com

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reddawg View Post
    I think he is done. He is getting called to the carpet and all he can say is "We will be much tougher next time". Apparently he doesn't have a pair!!!

He will serve his one term and be gone.

RD
    I totally agree. One and done.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post

The phone lines are jammed, e-mails are being fired off all the time and he has lost his biggest supporters. These are not people that will forget. People are disgusted that he is so weak when he promised so much more. He is no better than the status quo that is down there already. Double the pay will not equate to better performance- just higher paid losers. People will remember.

+ Reply to Thread