+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flying to Vegas

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Flying to Vegas

Who knows the best rates out of Shreveport or Jackson? Checked on one airline out of Sheveport with great rates, but the departure/arrival dates don't work out.

Varsity Bulldog bayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nice

Re: Flying to Vegas

Out of Shreveport, you can find round trip flights to Vegas around $260 (excluding taxes and fees).

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Maddawg,

Whenever I travel to and from Shreveport, I usually fly with Allegiant Airlines (www.allegiantair.com). They are a discount airline and have low rates on the travel, but they charge for each bag you check, etc. Best thing about Allegiant is that it is a direct flight.

Aside from that, you can fly Delta (with a layover in DFW), American (with a layover in DFW or Atlanta) or Continental (with a layover in Houston).

If you drive east instead of west, you can fly directly from Jackson, MS to Las Vegas on Southwest Airlnes, and they usually have the best prices. (www.southwest.com).

Allegiant only has their Shreveport flights two or three days a week, but Southwest flies everyday. They have several flghts, but only one direct flight per day, I believe.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    MD,

Whenever I travel to and from Shreveport, I usually fly with Allegiant Airlines (www.allegiantair.com). They are a discount airline and have low rates on the travel, but they charge for each bag you check, etc. Best thing about Allegiant is that it is a direct flight.

Aside from that, you can fly Delta (with a layover in DFW), American (with a layover in DFW or Atlanta) or Continental (with a layover in Houston).

If you drive east instead of west, you can fly directly from Jackson, MS to Las Vegas on Southwest Airlnes, and they usually have the best prices. (www.southwest.com).
    Thanks Stray. Allegiant was the one out of S'port that had great prices, but I arrive too late on Sunday for my meeting and don't fly back out until Thursday when I need to be back on Tuesday.

I'll check Southwest out of Jackson.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I'll check Southwest out of Jackson.

Check Little Rock as well.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

I flew Southwest from Jackson to LV and the flight was like a party. Everybody was drinking, there were bachelor parties, and the flight attendants were hilarious.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

I just bought tickets yesterday from Dulles to Las Vegas. Wow! Prices have gone wayyyy up. I previously could have flown from BWI to Vegas on Southwest for under $150 each way, possibly even cheaper. The cheapest tickets I could find with both legs being with the same carrier were $400... and that was with the return flight leaving Vegas at 9:00 PM on Sunday night arriving back in DC at 11:00 AM on Monday (no thanks). I ended up having to get two one-way tickets from different airlines.

Also just got back from a 10-day trip to Orlando. Bought my tickets in January for the six of us for $1250 and we each could check 2 bags. Had I waited to buy them until recently, it would have cost me double the fare and we would have been forced to pay for our baggage. I'm glad I don't fly on my own dime very often.

Varsity Bulldog bulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nice bulldogengr's Avatar

You may want to check Longview, it is incredible how much less flights are from there sometimes. Plus the parking is free, so it really ends up much cheaper.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Hey Maddawg, don't forget that paying more up-front for a direct flight these days may cost you less than driving to a "cheaper fare" (cost of gas) coupled with parking (if you fly out local you can get friends/family to drop you off at airport or possible cheaper cab fare and possibly hote), "pain and suffering" (traffic and-or getting up earlier and arriving home later after a drive-after a vacation/trip). I did the math on flying out of Dallas versus Shreveport to Cancun and I would actually lose a little due to all of the above versus flying straight out of "Shrevesburgh". I'd really pay a little more for conveniece and I believe that the major airlines have failed to realize this.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Hey Maddawg, don't forget that paying more up-front for a direct flight these days may cost you less than driving to a "cheaper fare" (cost of gas) coupled with parking (if you fly out local you can get friends/family to drop you off at airport or possible cheaper cab fare and possibly hote), "pain and suffering" (traffic and-or getting up earlier and arriving home later after a drive-after a vacation/trip). I did the math on flying out of Dallas versus Shreveport to Cancun and I would actually lose a little due to all of the above versus flying straight out of "Shrevesburgh". I'd really pay a little more for conveniece and I believe that the major airlines have failed to realize this.
    I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but Monroe (yes, I said it!) rates and its conveniences are unfortunately not as proportionately low compared to driving to Jackson . . where they have good ol' Southwest.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Ross, my plan all along was to come to your store and have you drive me to the airport, then pick me up when I got back in town...to save on parking.

BTW, I did do the math and as Dawgpix implied, flying out of Monroe is ridiculously expensive. As it turns out our family vacation ended up overlapping with my trip to Vegas. Getting a flight out of the Destin area proved to be more difficult than flying out of Monroe...sooo I will never know what happens in Vegas the first few days of August.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

I thought Shreveport had one ways to LV for 90 bucks. Don't know about now.

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    I thought Shreveport had one ways to LV for 90 bucks. Don't know about now.
    Up to around $140 on Allegiant, but still a good deal. The problem is that they only fly in and out of S'port on certain days (like 3 days/wk).

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I will never know what happens in Vegas the first few days of August.
    Average temperature of about 110, bad traffic due to stupid Californians, and overpriced drinks if you stay on the strip. Destin should be fun.

+ Reply to Thread