+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Now it's official--ULM and Tech

Varsity Bulldog techdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around here

Re: Now it's official--ULM and Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I thought Staub was better than this. This is a whiny baby reaction. You don't get everything you want, so you refuse to take anything at all.

I agree. For the most part, I've been impressed with Staub from the occasional news I hear. He seems to do a great job for ULM ~ espically considering that he has a terrible product to work with.

This decision only makes ULM look even more small-time, and they will likely be the ones begging for games down the road (and it'll be our job to remind them of this press release ).

Crybaby stuff like this is why some football teams (cause we all know football is a different animal) have adopted a philosphy of "Anywhere, anytime". It eliminates all the whining and just says, look we want to settle this on the field, the details don't matter, just give us a game.

I'm sure that Tech would schedule ULM for football, just not on their terms. If the Warchickens really wanted to play us, they wouldn't worry so much about the details. If a one game deal was ever scheduled, and they actually won, then we would be asking for another matchup, and the ball would be in their court. But they know they will lose and won't have that advantage.

WhoLM, we'll see you around while you're crying and begging on the street corner.

Peace out.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

I listened to Bobby Staub on Fox & Company the afternoon that the Dooley comments had hit the paper. I remember thinking as I listened to Bobby that he responded with class, made very strong points, and totally rational sense for playing this game, and at that time indicating that ULM was going to take the "high road" in this nonsense. For a brief moment, I was embarrassed for MY University. I found myself disappointed in MY University's leadership for allowing this to spiral unchecked, unclarified, apparently UNCONCERNED about the public image of our wonderful University and maybe worst of all .... Tech was UNAVAILABLE FOR COMMENT. I had a sick feeling in my stomach.

Until today.

So much for taking the high road, Bobby. True to form, NLU/ULM will imitate Tech in anything...whether GOOD or BAD.

This is just plain stupid.

My 2-cents.
    Last edited by ChuckK3; 06-27-2008 at 09:57 AM.

Varsity Bulldog bdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud of bdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tinleypark View Post
    Dooley needs to do some back channel repair damage to end this drama. Maybe he could use the Cajuns athletic director. If this spirals out of control every team in hte Sun Belt may join the ULM boycott.
    SO???

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Dooley needs to do some back channel repair damage to end this drama. Maybe he could use the Cajuns athletic director. If this spirals out of control every team in hte Sun Belt may join the ULM boycott.

Any we care because??????

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    This comes from Boosters, has to.
    Boosters? ULM has Boosters? All we know of is an out of work state legistlator.

Varsity Bulldog Dawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her game

Are you serious? I would be happy with a schedule featuring no Belch schools.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by garddawg View Post
    Boosters? ULM has Boosters? All we know of is an out of work state legistlator.

I think he meant that some NLU grads are now able to sit in booster chairs.

Big Dog dj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant future

They cancelled track and field, baseball, softball, etc. So what! I never got fired up about those series.

I think Stanley should be the one embarassed. His little tirade makes it look like we as a university care. If he had problems with all of this he should have went to AD Dooley and not to the NewStar.

By the way, I believe the paper said that the basketball series is still on. Staub is not stupid enough to cancel that series. Mostly this is symbolic in which they are trying to frame ULM has some say over things. Classic Jim Cofer, who is always more concerned about perception than reality. Best thing for the ULS was his not getting the presidency.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

And we would care about that why??? As far as I am concerned the Sunbelt shouldn't even be DIV 1. Thats how far above them we are. If they didn't always copy every damn thing we do they would still be DIV 2 and would have been way better off. If they EVER had an original idea over there, I will kiss your butt on the courthouse square at high noon. :icon_wink:

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    I don't see the big deal with what ULM did. I may be in the minority. I understand all of this is a direct response to what Dooley said. ULM is going in with the mindset of if "you're too elite to play us in football...then you're too elite to play us in all sports". As the AD, Dooley had to realize that his comment could have angered the other coaches at LA Tech...you know the one's who haven't been too elite to play ULM lately.

I understand I am in the minority, but I believe that is the logic that is going into this whole debacle.
    I'm with you on this I think. I can't blame ULM at all. If one of the schools we'd like a series with flat out admitted they thought they were too good for us in football, I'd be all for refusing to play them in other sports, too. So I can understand ULMers being ticked off.

But as far as the repercussions go - I just don't care. They'll play out the remaining contracts, so nothing is left in the air right away. In everything but football there are plenty of schools around.
    Last edited by inudesu; 06-27-2008 at 11:25 AM.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

One of the contracts already signed is for men's basketball. I'm glad we hired Rupp, Johnson, and Bailey a year ago, and they have had time to start building. We need to beat the Injuns by 100 in every sport. Then tell them that we concur with their assessment that we should never play again in any sport.

This hurts them a lot more than it hurts us, and it will cost them more money. They will be the ones wanting a game in a few years. Screw 'em.

Rockdog,

I see your point about their mindeset, but I disagree about it warranting this kind of reaction. Many ADs and coaches say this kind of stuff every year, but the reaction is never this small-minded.

When Jim Tressell was hired as head coach at Ohio State, he said in his press conference that he planned to go to Ann Arbor the next season and beat Michigan because Ohio State was a better team. He has owned Michigan ever since. We tried renewing the "rivalry" in the late 90s, and it petered out with poor game attendence and a lot of student apathy.

This is a small-time move and they will regret it, but I will never have a problem with it. If our AD in 1958 had the same mindset as Dooley, the Indians would have never made it out of D-1AA.

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

I don't think we should accuse Coach Stanley of having a tirade. Knowing how the NS is sensationalizing this, they might have called him before it had settled in and just managed to spin the reaction of a coach who just found out he has to reschedule.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Tirade or not, I think Coach Stanley has a legitimate complaint and with his success has the right to voice his displeasure. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't say it in the tone expressed by the NS, but I can certainly understand his point considering the limited budget. Hopefully, the new track and field he'll be getting will help to attract some teams that will bring benefits to offset the loss of the short travel to ULM.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    One of the contracts already signed is for men's basketball. I'm glad we hired Rupp, Johnson, and Bailey a year ago, and they have had time to start building. We need to beat the Injuns by 100 in every sport. Then tell them that we concur with their assessment that we should never play again in any sport.

This hurts them a lot more than it hurts us, and it will cost them more money. They will be the ones wanting a game in a few years. Screw 'em.

Rockdog,

I see your point about their mindeset, but I disagree about it warranting this kind of reaction. Many ADs and coaches say this kind of stuff every year, but the reaction is never this small-minded.

When Jim Tressell was hired as head coach at Ohio State, he said in his press conference that he planned to go to Ann Arbor the next season and beat Michigan because Ohio State was a better team. He has owned Michigan ever since. We tried renewing the "rivalry" in the late 90s, and it petered out with poor game attendence and a lot of student apathy.

This is a small-time move and they will regret it, but I will never have a problem with it. If our AD in 1958 had the same mindset as Dooley, the Indians would have never made it out of D-1AA.

My prediction with all of this is that we will eventually play them in baseball, track and a few other sports and the gannet chickenhawk star will portray it as Tech crawling back. I wouldn't expect anything else from that glorified high school paper. To be honest I think this backfired on them, they were set on goading us into a game and now look where it is.

And as for the Belch joining in, I doubt they want to look anymore busch league than they already do.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I guess that Northeast will have to look somewhere else to get their numbers and dollars for football. That is what they were really after and it made no sense to play a series unless it was on our terms. In my mind that is what was at the bottom of this whole thing. Now Northeast will be in an even deeper hole. Tech will move on and separate even more. All the hits we take on the message boards are just the fear we have generated through Tech making bold moves to better its position. The louder it gets, the more Tech is moving in the right direction.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread