+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plantation Shutters?

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Plantation Shutters?

I am looking at getting plantation shutters for my home. Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me. I have just started to look into the products. I think that a Polywood would be the best for my application and pricing. I have looked a JC Penny's as they have a 45% sale on now and at Lowes who have the Starburst brand at a comperable price and looks like good quality.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Puppy I d'Claire has turned a few heads around hereI d'Claire has turned a few heads around hereI d'Claire has turned a few heads around hereI d'Claire has turned a few heads around hereI d'Claire has turned a few heads around here

Re: Plantation Shutters?

I'm not so much writing to recommend a dealer but more to say I think you will utterly love having shutters. We have floor to ceiling windows across the front of our house and went the shutter route after a rather strange accident.

We live on a corner and our oldest pug, Rosebud, used to get her enjoys watching out the dining room window for a car to turn the corner, then she'd race down the hall to the opposite side of the front of the house (like indoor car-chasing) to bark out of the guestroom window as the vehicle went down the street.

One day, in her unbridled excitement, she crashed into the guestroom window and broke two panes.

A week or so later I found regular shutters on sale at Lowes and the rest, as they say, has been history! I now have shutters in every window except one and I wouldn't go back to blinds, drapes or curtains for anything.

I love natural light! I chose regular shutters over plantation shutters because there was more flexibility in the way you can open them. The #1 thing I do every morning is go around the house completely opening the top half of all the shutters - sometimes the lower halves get opened, sometimes not, but I do enjoy them tremendously!!

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Thanks I d'Claire.
    WWDog
    La Tech

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

I LOVE mine. I have them in most rooms in my house which was built 60 years ago. I think they just add so much personality to the house. They let light in without sacrificing privacy. And they are really cool looking!

Thanks Dawgmatic. We met with the Sunburst guy today and will be getting shutters from that company. The price was fair and I have confidence in that company and their instalation. I'm looking forward to finally getting our windows the way we have wanted them for the last 15 years.
    WWDog
    La Tech

+ Reply to Thread