+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy's At it Again/So is Roy

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Jimmy's At it Again/So is Roy

Be sure and read the comments at the bottom

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...32/1001/SPORTS

GET IN THERE GUYS AND GIVE SHREVEPORT TIMES STAFF "SPORTS WRITER" ROY SOME SERIOUS CRAP AND GIVE JIMMY A LITTLE BACK-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Jimmy's At it Again/So is Roy

Hahahaha!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Why does Roy Lang look for opportunites to say negative stuff about Tech? I still remember him talking about the "not so well attended" (to quote him) Tech-Miami game. It was a Thursday night, and it drew somewhere between 37,000 and 41,000 people, depending on whose figures you believe. It was a very good crowd for any event in Shreveport. Not quite as big as an Independence Bowl, but a very good crowd, especially for a hot, Thursday night. How many events in Shreveport draw anywhere close to that number of people? Yet, he chose to put a negative spin on it.

I think he's got a bias against Tech, and he uses his position to further it.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Why does Roy Lang look for opportunites to say negative stuff about Tech? I still remember him talking about the "not so well attended" (to quote him) Tech-Miami game. It was a Thursday night, and it drew somewhere between 37,000 and 41,000 people, depending on whose figures you believe. It was a very good crowd for any event in Shreveport. Not quite as big as an Independence Bowl, but a very good crowd, especially for a hot, Thursday night. How many events in Shreveport draw anywhere close to that number of people? Yet, he chose to put a negative spin on it.

Michigan State alum. Still embarrassed about what McCown and Curry did to them in 2003. Kinda sad, actually.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

I actually respect Roy as a sports writer.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    I actually respect Roy as a sports writer.
    I cancel out your vote.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

That's ok 77 I don't feel strongly about it. lol.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Burl, I find it very hard these days to understand the new cyberjournalism.

All I understand is the clicks of the mouse. For Gannett, it's the more the merrier.

Now, Jimmy writes a blog, which to them is not the same as a column in the newspaper. His compadre, Lang, decides to add clicks to the system and deliberately takes an opposing vew that will sure both the local Tech faithful.

Who wins? The Times' advertising hacks and their future requests for ad rate increases.

Back in the day all we wanted to read were well-written feature articles about the players and interviews that could get more than coachspeak. Now it's all done in bits and pieces and blogs . . . . and clicks of the mouse.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post

All I understand is the clicks of the mouse. For Gannett, it's the more the merrier.

Now, Jimmy writes a blog, which to them is not the same as a column in the newspaper. His compadre, Lang, decides to add clicks to the system and deliberately takes an opposing vew that will sure both the local Tech faithful.

Who wins? The Times' advertising hacks and their future requests for ad rate increases.

Back in the day all we wanted to read were well-written feature articles about the players and interviews that could get more than coachspeak. Now it's all done in bits and pieces and blogs . . . . and clicks of the mouse.
    Not all of it and this way we get to respond to the blogs and it's available for all of the other folks to view. It's kinda' fun if you ask me. I still enjoy a well written article, which Roy and Jimmy do often, but I can't pass on jumping in the middle of a good "mouse war". I feel bad for all of the Times Sports staff as they are severely limited by the size of the sports market here. If we had more real sports fans and less LSU goobers then we might even get a real sports bar here in town.
    This reminds me, I have a good "meeting" coming up concerning local TECH game watcing parties and there is an attempted stymie by the fogie LSU guys. I have a pretty good plan for my presentation and will keep you posted on how the board meeting goes. I've been guaranteed the floor for 5 minutes and I will not let them kick me out until 5:01 minutes:icon_wink:. It will be interesting to say the least.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Not all of it and this way we get to respond to the blogs and it's available for all of the other folks to view. It's kinda' fun if you ask me. I still enjoy a well written article, which Roy and Jimmy do often, but I can't pass on jumping in the middle of a good "mouse war". I feel bad for all of the Times Sports staff as they are severely limited by the size of the sports market here. If we had more real sports fans and less LSU goobers then we might even get a real sports bar here in town.
    This reminds me, I have a good "meeting" coming up concerning local TECH game watcing parties and there is an attempted stymie by the fogie LSU guys. I have a pretty good plan for my presentation and will keep you posted on how the board meeting goes. I've been guaranteed the floor for 5 minutes and I will not let them kick me out until 5:01 minutes:icon_wink:. It will be interesting to say the least.
    Can you get a BB&B webcast streaming from the meeting???
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post

You know, in a way, I can't help but seeing the ironic humor in it, as it relates to La Tech. Ain't it funny that after just a couple-three years THEY are now the 'Internet guys'?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

WHEN AND WHERE???? Surely some of us TAG guys can meet you up there and give you some DAWG support.

I fully expect a FULL turnout of TAG. I just now got the meeting set-up and have been informed of some by-laws so I will let James know when we need to pull out the big guns. I'm working on my presentation now. Unfortunately this weekend is the biggest (businesswise) for me so I can't put a full-court-press on this until Sunday..but I promise a complete TAG inclusion and James and I will keep you in the know..just as soon as I let James know that he is supposed to be in the know.:icon_wink:

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I fully expect a FULL turnout of TAG. I just now got the meeting set-up and have been informed of some by-laws so I will let James know when we need to pull out the big guns. I'm working on my presentation now. Unfortunately this weekend is the biggest (businesswise) for me so I can't put a full-court-press on this until Sunday..but I promise a complete TAG inclusion and James and I will keep you in the know..just as soon as I let James know that he is supposed to be in the know.:icon_wink:
    Hey MarketDawg, I just want to say "thank you" for taking up the good fight for our school. Your comments were mostly right on the mark. People like "Roy" need to be challenged and called out.

I will also say one last thing: "Pioneerloft" hit a sore spot when he said he would call Louisiana Tech an "underachiever" in the WAC. As bad as I hate to admit it, we all know he's correct.

HD

Ooops! Forgot about letting you guys know about the meeting. It went very well and plans are starting to take shape. It will take some doing but the groundwork is done! More to come. Man..I bet those TECH alum that were in that room (that wear purple and gold most Saturdays) were shocked when I presented the facts! These are truly exciting times to be a TECH fan.

+ Reply to Thread