+ Reply to Thread

Thread: There's no STANDING in FOOTBALL!

Hybrid View

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

There's no STANDING in FOOTBALL!

Or at least there won't be in Kansas City.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...?urn=nfl,91291

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Re: There's no STANDING in FOOTBALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    Or at least there won't be in Kansas City.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...?urn=nfl,91291

See? Tech's just ahead of its time!

I love the comments, the one guy who says that's a good idea is attacked with "you're a wuss", "fun-hater", etc.

Maybe it's all a ploy by KC to get those people who complain to text a complaint, then officials will come by and throw red paint and a headdress on them, then remove the seat from under them forcing them to stand and cheer. That's what I'd do anyway.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I posted this in another thread on the same topic in the football forum.

That's a policy that's going to make fans angry (we know that from experience). It is absurd to ask emotional fans to sit quietly during a game, especially a big game.

What the Cheifs should do is have different sections for people who prefer to sit the whole game, or those who are physically unable to stand. Then let the rowdies have their own section as well.

Tech should do the same. Just my opinion.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    I love the comments, the one guy who says that's a good idea is attacked with "you're a wuss", "fun-hater", etc.
    I liked it when he made the comment about the other guy, "the world revolves around you." If hundreds of people are standing and you're the only guy complaining, it's the other way around.

Not that I've never heard this argument at Tech, but we're starting to have this a lot in Tropicana too. I think both Tech and the Rays have done a good job separating the "standing and going crazy" section from the "sit and watch" section. If you're in the standing section and complain, it makes you a jerk.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    I liked it when he made the comment about the other guy, "the world revolves around you." If hundreds of people are standing and you're the only guy complaining, it's the other way around.

Not that I've never heard this argument at Tech, but we're starting to have this a lot in Tropicana too. I think both Tech and the Rays have done a good job separating the "standing and going crazy" section from the "sit and watch" section. If you're in the standing section and complain, it makes you a jerk.
    Yep, generally the closer to the field you are the rowdier the fans. If you want to sit and talk and watch a game, sit in the upper section or stay home and watch it on tv.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I'm of the opinion that there should be a disclaimer on each ticket that tells the fans to expect to have to stand when at the game. If season tickets are ordered, a disclaimer should be sent with the packet explaining the protocol on standing and when it is acceptable to expect someone to sit down and when it is inappropriate to sit down. Seriously, our fan base needs to be educated on when to stand and cheer. If not put on the tickets, maybe when each ticket is sold, a small piece of paper explaining this can be given to each person explaining sporting event protocol. It's really sad that this has to even be a topic of discussion.

+ Reply to Thread