+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assistant Coach

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Assistant Coach

Any word on the third assistant or Director of Basketball Operations?

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Re: Assistant Coach

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    Any word on the third assistant or Director of Basketball Operations?
    Don't know but you might hope that with one of those positions that a nice blue chipper might follow?
    And speaking of filling positions, any information on recruits for the early signing privy to anyone?
    Blind Dog in NOLA

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

I think Buddy had something on them is yesterdays paper. Its not online yet.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Speaking of the RDL, I noticed Betty scored 44 the other day.

http://www.rustonleader.com/sports.php?id=4104

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    Speaking of the RDL, I noticed Betty scored 44 the other day.

http://www.rustonleader.com/sports.php?id=4104
    Must be that familiar colored jersey!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Betty is one of the most underrated players in the WNBA in my opinion.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Betty and Ivory Latta are making a nice backcourt duo in Atlanta. Unfortunately, the Dream have the worst inside game I have ever seen in the WNBA. They just don't give the guards any help at all. Betty is currently the third leading scorer in the WNBA behind Diana Tarausi and Cappie Pondexter.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    Betty and Ivory Latta are making a nice backcourt duo in Atlanta. Unfortunately, the Dream have the worst inside game I have ever seen in the WNBA. They just don't give the guards any help at all. Betty is currently the third leading scorer in the WNBA behind Diana Tarausi and Cappie Pondexter.
    They need to keep losing, actually. They will get top pick in the draft next year. Get them a post player and they will be in great shape.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    They need to keep losing, actually. They will get top pick in the draft next year. Get them a post player and they will be in great shape.
    Sounds like a certain COLLEGE WBB team I know. :icon_wink:

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Sounds like a certain COLLEGE WBB team I know. :icon_wink:
    Unfortunately the women’s basketball NCAA programs don’t have the luxury of getting a high draft pick with a losing season!
    In the case of the Techsters though, with the addition of Spoon, Jasmine, and the maturing of some great athletes; the Techsters possibility of landing a couple of awesome players for next year chances should be much improved!
    Can anyone tell me if the chemistry of a team only happens on the basketball court, in the locker rooms, and with the coaching staff?
    Would you think that the Fans are a part of that chemistry?
    If so, it could be another tough year for the Techsters according to some of the digs on this site!
    For Pete’s sake let’s give the new coaching staff and the girls a chance.
    As far as the addition of the 3rd assistant coach and other members of this coaching staff go, I know if I was a young inspired coach and wanted some great experience, I would love the opportunity to be part of the Techster program!

Thumbs Down Re: Assistant Coach

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    Unfortunately the women’s basketball NCAA programs don’t have the luxury of getting a high draft pick with a losing season!
    In the case of the Techsters though, with the addition of Spoon, Jasmine, and the maturing of some great athletes; the Techsters possibility of landing a couple of awesome players for next year chances should be much improved!
    Can anyone tell me if the chemistry of a team only happens on the basketball court, in the locker rooms, and with the coaching staff?
    Would you think that the Fans are a part of that chemistry?
    If so, it could be another tough year for the Techsters according to some of the digs on this site!
    For Pete’s sake let’s give the new coaching staff and the girls a chance.
    As far as the addition of the 3rd assistant coach and other members of this coaching staff go, I know if I was a young inspired coach and wanted some great experience, I would love the opportunity to be part of the Techster program!
    OK, so maybe U should consider changing your screen name to BlindFAITH . I'm not pointing anything out that isn't true nor hasn't been on the radar screen for the Techster staff ( pre-Spoon ). We'd have to do the opposite of Atlanta's team & WIN every game to be attractive ( again ) to top tier recruits. BUT we DO have the "luxury" of being able to recruit a good post player & obviously ( given CL's love for guards ) haven't done so. The last true post player we had was Cheryl ( but she was left over from KB's team ) so there must be something about the current state of the program that doesn't appeal to recruits. I'd state the obvious but I think every knows who/what that is.
    Getting back to my original statement, I don't know ANY college WBB that would mind picking up a quality post player. YOU are the one who took it as an attack on the current players & coaching staff. BTW - I don't think that having the Techster name on the resume' of a young coach carries anywhere NEAR the weight it once did.
    Are the fans a part of program's success or failure? I'd like to think so. I'd wager that we're in the middle here. You & Champ can remain the eternal optimists while FFA & myself will maintain the balance by waiting ( AGAIN!! ) on CL to prove he can put a winning team on the court.

Gene
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 07-04-2008 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Add comment

OK, so maybe U should consider changing your screen name to BlindFAITH . I'm not pointing anything out that isn't true nor hasn't been on the radar screen for the Techster staff ( pre-Spoon ). We'd have to do the opposite of Atlanta's team & WIN every game to be attractive ( again ) to top tier recruits. BUT we DO have the "luxury" of being able to recruit a good post player & obviously ( given CL's love for guards ) haven't done so. The last true post player we had was Cheryl ( but she was left over from KB's team ) so there must be something about the current state of the program that doesn't appeal to recruits. I'd state the obvious but I think every knows who/what that is.
    Getting back to my original statement, I don't know ANY college WBB that would mind picking up a quality post player. YOU are the one who took it as an attack on the current players & coaching staff. BTW - I don't think that having the Techster name on the resume' of a young coach carries anywhere NEAR the weight it once did.
    Are the fans a part of program's success or failure? I'd like to think so. I'd wager that we're in the middle here. You & Champ can remain the eternal optimists while FFA & myself will maintain the balance by waiting ( AGAIN!! ) on CL to prove he can put a winning team on the court.

Gene
    Gene, yea you could say I have Blind Faith!
    I for one think that CL and Spoon is gonna get it done this year!
    I have the faith my friend and hope that the other fans that love the Techsters like I do will get on the ban wagon to do our part to help out with the return of the Techsters that we love so much here!
    I do appreciate a reality check from FF and you from time to time, just hope that it doesn't have an effect on the team members that could be checking out this site to see what's on our minds here!
    Like Champion, I guess I am the eternal optamist, but since the hole world can see our post I happen to belive a positive outlook is the best one! '
    Blind Faith from the Blind dog...

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    Gene, yea you could say I have Blind Faith!
    I for one think that CL and Spoon is gonna get it done this year!
    I have the faith my friend and hope that the other fans that love the Techsters like I do will get on the ban wagon to do our part to help out with the return of the Techsters that we love so much here!
    I do appreciate a reality check from FF and you from time to time, just hope that it doesn't have an effect on the team members that could be checking out this site to see what's on our minds here!
    Like Champion, I guess I am the eternal optamist, but since the hole world can see our post I happen to belive a positive outlook is the best one! '
    Blind Faith from the Blind dog...
    BD - Like I said, we're keeping balance in the world because believe it or not, some of the optimism U & Champ have occasionally DOES rub off on me!! The hiring of Teresa did so on its' own, however.
    I don't really know if a Techster player or recruit checking in periodically is necessarily a bad thing, though. Like our viewpoints, they can go either direction. If they focus on what U & Champ post then they can either think that the program is about to turn the corner OR that U two have turned a BLIND ( sorry for the pun! :icon_wink: ) eye to the poor results CL has produced these last 2 seasons.
    On the other hand, FFA & myself will appear to be either anti-CL no matter what he does next season ( place your bets!! ) or some of the very few around this board that see that CL isn't college HC material.
    In either case, I think that the passion for seeing the glory days return to the Techster program is shared by the 4 of us & 99% of this board!! If U look back in some posts from our friend from MTSU ( BlueRaider, I think ), he said that the #1 thing he saw WAS this passion!! And that's something we can build off of.

ACS - sorry if we hijacked your thread.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

BD - Like I said, we're keeping balance in the world because believe it or not, some of the optimism U & Champ have occasionally DOES rub off on me!! The hiring of Teresa did so on its' own, however.
    I don't really know if a Techster player or recruit checking in periodically is necessarily a bad thing, though. Like our viewpoints, they can go either direction. If they focus on what U & Champ post then they can either think that the program is about to turn the corner OR that U two have turned a BLIND ( sorry for the pun! :icon_wink: ) eye to the poor results CL has produced these last 2 seasons.
    On the other hand, FFA & myself will appear to be either anti-CL no matter what he does next season ( place your bets!! ) or some of the very few around this board that see that CL isn't college HC material.
    In either case, I think that the passion for seeing the glory days return to the Techster program is shared by the 4 of us & 99% of this board!! If U look back in some posts from our friend from MTSU ( BlueRaider, I think ), he said that the #1 thing he saw WAS this passion!! And that's something we can build off of.

ACS - sorry if we hijacked your thread.
    Since my screen name is being thrown around here, I'll weigh in. I think Spoon is a GREAT addition to the Techster program. I do have "faith" although not "blind faith" that she will bring a lot to the court when she assumes her role.

I also think the Techsters SHOULD improve this season, with the maturing of former players, the additions of our new recruits, and Spoon's hire. That said, I am not buying into any predictions or wishful thinking that has, for the past two seasons, set us up for major disappointment.

CL is still at the reigns. Should he allow room for Spoon to have some say, I think we'll see a turnaround.

Finally, as far as the "Techster" name goes, it doesn't carry weight. It CAN, but NOW, it does not. Until the program becomes a consistent winner again, it won't carry weight. We're not competitive regionally much less nationally, and when you look at the top 100 players and where they are going, the OTHER Louisiana school is landing those recruits. Not the Techsters. Legacy and tradition have become the victims of a "what have you done for me lately" mentality. I doubt, although I'll be the first to say I don't KNOW, but I doubt more than 10 of the top 100 (and that would be the bottom 25 of the top 100) players even LOOK at Tech right now as a possibility.

MG and I both thought last season would be the tell-all. Even some of CL's fans agreed. If he couldn't do it last year, he should move on. So, his time at Tech is extended. He has a fantastic associate head coach, and this is HIS team. No ifs ands or buts. If the program fails this season to win the WAC, it won't be a reflection on the team, or the staff. It will land solely at the feet of CL, as it SHOULD have for the past two seasons. Should there be a turnaround, and the WAC championship returns to its rightful place, although I won't personally attribute it to CL, I will support his supporters in their call for a contract extension.

Summary: I have faith in the student athletes, I have faith in Spoon. I have no faith in CL. That can change.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Since my screen name is being thrown around here, I'll weigh in. I think Spoon is a GREAT addition to the Techster program. I do have "faith" although not "blind faith" that she will bring a lot to the court when she assumes her role.

I also think the Techsters SHOULD improve this season, with the maturing of former players, the additions of our new recruits, and Spoon's hire. That said, I am not buying into any predictions or wishful thinking that has, for the past two seasons, set us up for major disappointment.

CL is still at the reigns. Should he allow room for Spoon to have some say, I think we'll see a turnaround.

Finally, as far as the "Techster" name goes, it doesn't carry weight. It CAN, but NOW, it does not. Until the program becomes a consistent winner again, it won't carry weight. We're not competitive regionally much less nationally, and when you look at the top 100 players and where they are going, the OTHER Louisiana school is landing those recruits. Not the Techsters. Legacy and tradition have become the victims of a "what have you done for me lately" mentality. I doubt, although I'll be the first to say I don't KNOW, but I doubt more than 10 of the top 100 (and that would be the bottom 25 of the top 100) players even LOOK at Tech right now as a possibility.

MG and I both thought last season would be the tell-all. Even some of CL's fans agreed. If he couldn't do it last year, he should move on. So, his time at Tech is extended. He has a fantastic associate head coach, and this is HIS team. No ifs ands or buts. If the program fails this season to win the WAC, it won't be a reflection on the team, or the staff. It will land solely at the feet of CL, as it SHOULD have for the past two seasons. Should there be a turnaround, and the WAC championship returns to its rightful place, although I won't personally attribute it to CL, I will support his supporters in their call for a contract extension.

Summary: I have faith in the student athletes, I have faith in Spoon. I have no faith in CL. That can change.
    FFA - That sums up my feeling 100%!! CL "bought" himself another year, IMHO, by hiring Spoon. Now whether or not he gives her enough say-so to improve the team remains to be seen. We were led to believe that this past season was gonna be CL's make or break season & his W-L record bears out the fact that he SHOULD have lost.
    As FFA correctly states, CL was a pretty darn good ASSISTANT coach but hasn't shown ANY ability as an HC. If he allows, Spoon will handle the discipline in a manner that CL has not been able to. That seemed to be half of his battles the past 2 seasons.
    Do I expect to win the WAC next season? Quite frankly, no. But there had better be some marked improvement in the team chemistry & W-L record or CL MUST go!!!

Gene
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 07-04-2008 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Add comment

+ Reply to Thread